_____ CC vs UMD--Fill in the Blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: _____ CC vs UMD--Fill in the Blank

We can't take stupid penalties and miss shots when we have the goalie beat.

5 points helped, but I think that tie hurt the PairWise. The next two weekends will pretty much decide our post season plans. We need to beat good teams in big situations, and that is the way it should be.
    UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by DropPass View Post
      Maybe unreasonable isn't the word, but it seems steep for what it is.

The NCHC is asking for almost money as much as the old final five was. The final five had the X, usually good teams and rivals, and all the non-hockey stuff. It has been about 15 years since I have been to the Target Center for hockey, or any reason at that. Maybe they have renovated, and maybe the sight lines aren't as bad as I remember, but it was not a good hockey environment.

The prices probably makes sense from the NCHC's point of view. The hockey junkies will go no matter what, the groupies will show up if their team makes it, and the poor people will listen on the radio.

Maybe I am wrong and it will be a blast.
      Did you expect them to be significantly cheaper than the Final Five was? The conference has been billing itself as being a big deal, so I didn't expect the prices to be any cheaper. Look around the league at ticket prices and it seems a little more reasonable, UMD even charges $30 now for the "premium" home games (which is a steal when you compare to UND). That pricing is a little high but I would be they will adjust if attendance isn't what they thought it would be.

I am satisfied with the outcome of the series, but would have preferred the real sweep. The next two weekends will be very tough and we need all of the points we can get.

Comment

Disappointing weekend with a tie in all but they got the win and that will help in the PWR. Plus we did get 5/6 points and are in the cluster**** that is I discovered why CC is struggling this year...those ugly jerseys they wore on Saturday...The CC logo on the front is fine but the gold color under the pits is bad. CC definitely didn't quit playing hard the whole weekend...they just cannot score. Who would have thought that two months ago this team would be in 2nd place. Yet one week can easily put you out of home ice.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
        X