Michigan @ Penn State, an actual game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan @ Penn State, an actual game thread

MGoBlueHockey gave MSU and OSU fans a lot of crap last season about losing to Penn State. So I would just like to say thank you for giving the Nittany Lions their first conference win.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Congrats on Penn State on their first conference win! Makes me feel a little less bad about the Gophers losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Uhhh, you were saying?
        That game still didn't warrant a thread...
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
          Congrats on Penn State on their first conference win! Makes me feel a little less bad about the Gophers losing.
          A not so happy +1. I really wish we played better, but the fact that our offense is so hot and cold plus the little tidbit that Penn State could score.. well... you know.

Hard for us fans to take, could have made some serious ground on Minnesota this weekend, instead let Wisconsin take 2nd place back. Going to be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            That game still didn't warrant a thread...
            Dude, a little humility goes a long way. Every weekend game DESERVES a thread. It's a matter of starting one. Michigan fans have not started any for no good reasons, as far as I'm concerned. It's time we did.

The fact that Penn State beat us reminds us that these are all talented players, and all should get some kind of recognition. UNO beat us too, early in thier being a D1 team.

Just for you, I think I'll make sure a thread for the rest of the season starts. Especially the weekends that I can't see the games for.

Comment

So much for my prediction of a Michigan sweep. Makes me a little more nervous about us finishing regular season in their barn.

Comment

Per the radio call of the game, apparently a PSU student newspaper said something during the week like "PSU has played two of the top programs in the nation with storied histories (Minn & BC). Now they will face the richest."

Nice to see the respect and recognizing.

I had a very very worried feeling going into the series. That the players were going to see PSU's record and take a night off. Welp, I think the 7 goals on Friday night inflated their egos and they came out thinking it was going to be another 1-2, 3-4-5 game for the offense. Nagelvoort was off even on Friday night. He was pretty responsible for 2 of the 3 goals.

However, all is not lost. Michigan can still take first place with a sweep next weekend (thanks UW). This series was all about how the Michigan team would get up for it. I think they won't even problems getting up for the gophers knowing what they can do.

Congrats on your win, PSU. But you'll be lucky to be within 4 goals of Michigan at Yost in two weeks.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

HAHAHHAHAHAHA NEG REP ME ALL YOU WANT ScUM BAGS!!!! Nice win PSU! Great job!
                  Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                    HAHAHHAHAHAHA NEG REP ME ALL YOU WANT ScUM BAGS!!!! Nice win PSU! Great job!
                    Shouldn't you be flipping some burgers over a hot grill right now for the graveyard shift?
                    ---
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      MGoBlueHockey gave MSU and OSU fans a lot of crap last season about losing to Penn State. So I would just like to say thank you for giving the Nittany Lions their first conference win.
                      I could also do that and fall back on the *** whippings my team dealt yours.

I don't give buckeye fans crap. Go in the threads and look at my posts. There's no use for it. They are a rival only in school name. I want them to win when they aren't playing Michigan.

The hockey team clearly dropped this one to mimic the basketball team last year. Lose to a winless PSU team and go to the Final (Frozen) Four. Don't you see?
                      ---
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        Shouldn't you be flipping some burgers over a hot grill right now for the graveyard shift?
                        No.
                        Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                          No.
                          He was fired from Hot-n-Now last week after people were complaining about finding pubic hair in their burgers...
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                          X