Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    Now that was impressive.
    Ya but UNH lost the SOG battle again
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Now that's the way you want to see them play ALL the time. Well done, 'Cats!!

Team defensive discipline was the best I've seen since early LAST season ... and the increased level of intensity and physical play was just what the doctor ordered. Some very opportunistic attacking play, and the huge SHG by Willows. Lots of players taking their games up another notch to cover for the missing TvR and Downing, and that's 3 wins in 4 games against teams right around them in the HE standings - and at a time of the season when you start to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Great opportunity lies in front of the 'Cats next weekend and beyond, down the stretch of the RS. Just gotta go and take it now.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

*grin*

"Jesus is a Wildcat!"

Comment

THAT was UNH hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
            *grin*

"Jesus is a Wildcat!"
            Jesus must go on vacation in March and April.

Nice sweep. Screw ND.
            Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-01-2014, 08:05 PM. Reason: ugh stupid spelling
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Awesome game by the 'Cats! Willows' shorthanded goal was a thing of beauty!

In other news:
              NESN TABS FEBRUARY 15 UNH at BU GAME AS "FLEX GAME"

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                Awesome game by the 'Cats! Willows' shorthanded goal was a thing of beauty!

In other news:
                NESN TABS FEBRUARY 15 UNH at BU GAME AS "FLEX GAME"
                Have to say it was a fabulous goal; imagine that it will show up on the "Humbolt" moves of the week. More than anything this weekend Chuck alluded to was the ramp up of the physical play; the boys played gutsy and determined and did not relent when the penalties were stacking up. Was awesome to be there for both games! Oh and to just see kids stepping up and contributing has been great too...
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...el-mario-lucia

Recap with quotes from Umile, Willows, Knodel, Jeff Jackson
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

14th in the PWR. Let's keep the broom handy for a little while. We could certainly use it again next weekend.

By the way - 30 games already??? Wow.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Nice job UNH and a sell out no less!

Comment

Any idea when tvr will return, and Dowling too ???..

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                          Any idea when tvr will return, and Dowling too ???..
                          I saw both Downing and Smith at the game and asked them what they thought and as you'd expect they said 'hopefully soon' but were both getting 'better'. Reports are that Downing has been doing some 'light skating'. I 'spec from what the initial reports were Downing 4 weeks, TvR 5 to 6. So that puts Downing back in action for the BU games? TvR Hockey East playoffs at best? Smith...no telling, maybe this weekend v Vermont? Still on cloud 9 after the ND sweep and here's hoping they keep the intensity ramped up!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            I saw both Downing and Smith at the game and asked them what they thought and as you'd expect they said 'hopefully soon' but were both getting 'better'. Reports are that Downing has been doing some 'light skating'. I 'spec from what the initial reports were Downing 4 weeks, TvR 5 to 6. So that puts Downing back in action for the BU games? TvR Hockey East playoffs at best? Smith...no telling, maybe this weekend v Vermont? Still on cloud 9 after the ND sweep and here's hoping they keep the intensity ramped up!
                            after Bu series unh gets a week off, would suspect they will all be back for the last 2 games against mack

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                              after Bu series unh gets a week off, would suspect they will all be back for the last 2 games against mack
                              Oh that's right; forgot about that break! Well that's a good thing since I just bought tix to the Fri nite Mack game! UNH...at FULL STRENGTH!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Oh that's right; forgot about that break! Well that's a good thing since I just bought tix to the Fri nite Mack game! UNH...at FULL STRENGTH!
                                they really need two wins against Vermont, currently unh is 14 in power, that would give them a cushion . As poor as Bu has been playing unh will probably lose one of the two...not getting ahead of myself but a big if, if they win 5 out the next six that ought to give them their NCAA birth ...of course if they fall flat in the first round of playoff's, doom.

Comment

Working...
                                X