X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Suze, what do you know about this additional cut of $60,000,000 Squarebanks is talking about?
    I haven't read that anywhere in the papers or online.
    Although I swallowed it hook, line and sinker I'm hoping it's one of those stupid _airbanks things.
    I don't know where Squarebanks got that info. I do know that UA_ 's shortfall for the next fiscal year is $20 - $30 million. I had heard that it was around $13 million for UAA. If it comes to pitting athletics against academics, I doubt athletics will win that battle.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It's a projected $50 million dollar short fall and it comes from the ADN on Feb 20 about the 5% hike in tuition for next year.
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
        It's a projected $50 million dollar short fall and it comes from the ADN on Feb 20 about the 5% hike in tuition for next year.
        Just askin: does the 5% cover the shortfall and this is much ado about nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Just askin: does the 5% cover the shortfall and this is much ado about nothing?
          I do not believe the 5% tuition increase makes much of a dent in a $50m deficit. But it's a small part of the solution. There is no "one thing" that's going to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            I do not believe the 5% tuition increase makes much of a dent in a $50m deficit. But it's a small part of the solution. There is no "one thing" that's going to fix this.
            I agree. The increase in tuition will only bring in 5 million.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I just saw pictures of the new seats that will be put in the Sully in the off season. They look dark green and light grey to me. I guess they are in the arena for fans to see, so maybe we will get to see them this weekend. One of the versions is padded, the other doesn't look padded to me.
              No padding will be the cheapest option, at the Wells Fargo Center they had like 5 different seat options for the Alaska Airlines Center and guess what they chose!
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                No padding will be the cheapest option, at the Wells Fargo Center they had like 5 different seat options for the Alaska Airlines Center and guess what they chose!
                Padded seats in a sporting event venue?
                Barcalounger or Lazy Boy?

Comment

Working...
                X