Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    heart breaker but not the blowout predicted by some. BC certainly didn't look invincible. FF should be interesting
    Not sure if anyone thought it would be a blow out, certainly no Eagle fans. We know how good UML is. Congrats on a great season, good things will continue for the Riverhawks program going forward

Comment

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      Not sure if anyone thought it would be a blow out, certainly no Eagle fans. We know how good UML is. Congrats on a great season, good things will continue for the Riverhawks program going forward
      Was experiencing a lot of the bandwagon BC fans mouthing off (not on here, off line) about how it was a done deal. Very irritating. Know nothing about hockey but if it has the BC name attached the ticket is punched. I should know better than to be irritated but what can I say?

Comment

Great season, tough loss for the Riverhawks.

Its a shame how the brackets worked out, would have loved to have seen the HE teams split up instead of having all our teams in two brackets... and Notre Dame, especially having Lowell and BC in the same bracket.

Guess it's time to root for the Eagles ;(
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

As much as it hurts, I got to see one of the best college hockey games I've ever had the chance to experience. And yes, that matters.

To the seniors ... thank you. Those words don't even come close to representing how proud of this program you've made me. To Folin, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you fondly remember your two years at Lowell. To Connor and Scott... please come back. To the rest of the players .... take a few days off, get back to your school work. And then remember that hurt feeling, and prepare for next year. The guys that will be graduating in a couple of months have left you an amazing legacy, you need to build upon it.

What a season. What an amazing three seasons.

Lowell forever. Forever Lowell.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            As much as it hurts, I got to see one of the best college hockey games I've ever had the chance to experience. And yes, that matters.

To the seniors ... thank you. Those words don't even come close to representing how proud of this program you've made me. To Folin, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you fondly remember your two years at Lowell. To Connor and Scott... please come back. To the rest of the players .... take a few days off, get back to your school work. And then remember that hurt feeling, and prepare for next year. The guys that will be graduating in a couple of months have left you an amazing legacy, you need to build upon it.

What a season. What an amazing three seasons.

Lowell forever. Forever Lowell.
            Well said.

To me, this doesn't hurt nearly as bad as last year. I think last year bothered me more because Lowell lost in OT despite playing perhaps their worst total game under Bazin till that point. So it sucked knowing that had they been even a little better they could have been playing for a National Title.

Last night, they left everything on the ice. They fought tooth and nail the entire game and just came up short against an amazingly talented team.

One player note from last night - Gambardella played out of his freakin' mind. The kid might have been the best Lowell player on the ice.

We're on Folin watch. Rumor is Vegas won't even lay odds on him deciding to stay...but I'll remain naive and hold out hope until I see the signing reported.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

This loss definitely isn't as bad as the Yale lost. With this one it was one of those games where it could have gone either way with it feeling even or close to it all game. Last year was like a club team with a brick wall in net facing a real team. Just painful to watch that.

As for Folin. I think that Vegas should have numbers on where he will go, not if. It seems like half the NHl wants him.

Last I checked with all the rumors all the Canadian teams, LA, Philly, Minny, Boston, NJ, both NYI and NYR, and Detroit all have eyes to get him. I mean who would have thought that we would have a player this sought after.
              I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Congratulations to UML on an awesome season and a hell of a game yesterday.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

• Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post

As for Folin. I think that Vegas should have numbers on where he will go, not if. It seems like half the NHl wants him.
                  There were a lot of prospects in the house last night/ scouts! Seeing as half the other team was drafted they were looking at our players.
                  BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

i'm sure they were looking at players on both teams, demko being one for BC. don't leave out cases for even scouting players you've already drafted. i saw don sweeney. he was most likely keeping a close eye on ryan fitzgerald as an example.

Comment

Congratulation to the Riverhawks and their loyal fans on a great season.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Christian is gone

Comment

Signings so far this week:

Christian Folin to the Minnesota Wild
                          Joseph Pendenza to the Milwaukee Admirals
                          Scott Wilson to the Pittsburgh Penguins
                          Doug Carr to the Abbotsford Heat
                          Josh Holmstrom to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers
                          Last edited by viewfrom123.com; 04-03-2014, 11:50 AM. Reason: Added signing
                          Justin Soderberg
                          President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                          Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                          Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Connor Hellebuyck jets from UMass Lowell early, joins Winnipeg organization
                            Justin Soderberg
                            President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                            Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                            Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Just an FYI, we've moved to the off-season thread.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                              X