Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State-Mankato at NMU 1/31 and 2/1: Oh What Fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bale
    replied
    Re: Minnesota State-Mankato at NMU 1/31 and 2/1: Oh What Fun.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Penalties. Even if the PK is good to great, playing shorthanded kills you. The game against SCSU could have been very different with some discipline.
    It's not even the penalties that drive me nuts (although the discipline has been awful lately). It's horrible plays by the defensemen and horrible passing that give up odd man rushes regardless of whether we're shorthanded on the PP or even strength drive me nuts. We give up 3-4 odd man rushes nearly every game. It's why we lost in Alaska. It's part of what turned the games against UND and SCSU. It ridiculous how many times the goalie needs to carry the team due to undisciplined plays like that.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Bale View Post
    And we need to quit giving up so ***** many odd man rushes.
    Penalties. Even if the PK is good to great, playing shorthanded kills you. The game against SCSU could have been very different with some discipline.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

This is a matchup I would have loved to have seen years ago as a NC series. So glad they're our conference mates now. I felt that NMU and Mankato were very similar in how they developed talent for the NHL.

How I would love to be back in MQT for this weekend.

I hope the 'Cats can minimize the penalties and continue to build on the power play from last Friday in Anchorage.

Leave a comment:

• Bale
    replied

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Frankly, the Mavericks need to be better 5 on 5. The PP is 3rd in the country, the PK is 4th. LaFontaine is killing it on the PP.
    And we need to quit giving up so ***** many odd man rushes.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

Frankly, the Mavericks need to be better 5 on 5. The PP is 3rd in the country, the PK is 4th. LaFontaine is killing it on the PP.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

Must sweep.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    When these two team met earlier in the season, the Purple Mavericks swept the Cats.

This time, I'm hoping for a different result.
    It was a sweep, but both games were tied in the 3rd. NMU had lost Ludwig the week before and was still trying to adjust to that, and Siemer didn't play, so it's going to be a much different NMU team this weekend. On the bright side for the Mavs, the offense seems to have recovered from their Alaska malaise. On the down side, our goalies were both bad last weekend. If Huggins gives up an early soft goal on Friday, we could be on the verge of a weekend meltdown.

Leave a comment:

• MAVSFAN4EVER
    replied

After a very disappointing weekend, I'm hoping the Mavs get back on track. Mn State needs 4 points if they want to catch Ferris St. However, I don't see them going 4-0 on the season against NMU. I'm expecting two hard fought games.

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota State-Mankato at NMU 1/31 and 2/1: Oh What Fun.

When these two team met earlier in the season, the Purple Mavericks swept the Cats.

This time, I'm hoping for a different result.
Working...
X