Slew-Footing penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    That's why you almost never hear it being called -- it hardly ever happens. Because you don't want to be known as a player who slew-foots. You might as well put a big X on your chest.
    It's really easy way to get your * kicked that's for sure.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: Slew-Footing penalty

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      You have never heard of it because you have no clue about hockey. Stick to your 1000 posts about tv shows etc.
      Don't you have a dinner date with Seth Appert? Or is it high balls at Stewy's place getting your inside info that no one cares about?
      Last edited by LTsatch; 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Don't you have a dinner date with Seth Appert? Or is high balls at Stewy's place getting your inside info that no one cares about?
        he's still upset that Appert didn't offer his kid a scholarship.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

One of the reasons you don't see it as often in college hockey is that we have automatic icing. In previous seasons the NHL had touch-up icing and you'd sometimes see a player kick the skates out of another player in the rush to touch the puck. VERY DANGEROUS especially if heading a full speed toward the end boards. A comical moment LSATCH during the Yale All Access broadcast as the call was relayed up to the booth and one of the announcers had obviously never heard of the penalty before. So, he said they must have meant "slow-footing ... a call for getting to penalty box too slowly." I nearly bust a gut laughing. Adlon quickly recovered by reading an online definition of slew-footing ... and saving her broadcast partner further embarrassment.

Comment

"a player or goalkeeper..." Does that mean that goalies aren't players??
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Watching the Bruins game, Clutterbuck tried to slew-foot Chara, Chara punched him in the face.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Never forget Tom Lysiak slew footing a linesman while playing for the Hawks back in the early eighties. I think he sat for 20 games.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Watching the Bruins game, Clutterbuck tried to slew-foot Chara, Chara punched him in the face.
                  This is not surprising. Clutterbuck is a dirty gutless player. Thanks to the Islanders for that fantastic trade!

Comment

So despite all the descriptions I still didn't understand what this was all about. I imagined someone winding up and kicking the feet sideways out from under someone. So I watched this video and am now even more confused. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heObnWOtgVQ
                    All but maybe one of those looked like incidental contact from having your legs close together during a chase or check.
                    Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Better example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWUohS0nbM
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                        So despite all the descriptions I still didn't understand what this was all about. I imagined someone winding up and kicking the feet sideways out from under someone. So I watched this video and am now even more confused. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heObnWOtgVQ
                        All but maybe one of those looked like incidental contact from having your legs close together during a chase or check.
                        They all look pretty blatant to me. Intentionally knocking one or both legs out from under the opponent, usually at the same time knocking or pulling back the upper body.

Comment

Here's a good example from Crosby. Watch how he gets his arm in front of Callahan and then kicks his feet out from behind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKr2Et0THzM
                          Last edited by jcarter7669; 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Well, that's part of it -- if you're the kind of player who'd do it, you do it so that it doesn't look obvious. That's part of what makes it such a punk move. Everybody who plays knows how to do that, you just don't.

In basketball you come across guys who wait till you're up in the air, then they slide under you -- just enough -- and when you come down you flip over onto your head. Or they stick out their hips when you're in the air and knock your feet out from under you. They always say, "What? I was just moving into position." But everybody who plays knows what happened, and knows they could do that any time; but you just don't.
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              Here's a good example from Crosby. Watch how he gets his arm in front of Callahan and then kicks his feet out from behind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKr2Et0THzM

This is a pretty good one. As Dave noted though, they do seem to be quite good at making it look like they are just normal leg strides as they are skating.
                              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

This is a pretty good one. As Dave noted though, they do seem to be quite good at making it look like they are just normal leg strides as they are skating.
                                A lot of times a slew foot can be unintentional like when you do deep through crossovers and the trail foot get tangled with another player when you are trying to recover.

Another bad one is when a player is standing straight up and their knees are locked, if you just barely touch the back of the knee(usually with a stick on faceoffs) they will go down like a ton of bricks.

I remember a lot of kids doing this to each other in grade or middle school. Except they did it with the front of their knee, kind of like the charlie horse in the front or side of the thigh.
                                Last edited by hockeykrazy; 01-29-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X