Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slew-Footing penalty

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    ....Has anyone ever heard this penalty called before?
    You haven't heard about it so much because it has always been tucked away under the Tripping rule. Not sure if it has been broken out as a separate infraction or not in the NCAA Rulebook. But no matter. As others on this thread have pointed out, slew-footing is one of the dirtiest plays in all of hockey and a really good way to blow out a knee.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

A slew foot ended the collegiate career of Jamie Baker of SLU in the 1989-90 season. It should definitely be a five and a game DQ as an intent to injure play!

Comment

Originally posted by elsid View Post
        A slew foot ended the collegiate career of Jamie Baker of SLU in the 1989-90 season. It should definitely be a five and a game DQ as an intent to injure play!
        I can't believe I'm about to question you on something like this, but wasn't it 88-89? I remember Jamie being one year behind me and graduating in '89.

Comment

The only Jamie Baker shown for SLU on Hockeydb had a shortened senior campaign in 88-89. went on to a 150 pt NHL career.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            The only Jamie Baker shown for SLU on Hockeydb had a shortened senior campaign in 88-89. went on to a 150 pt NHL career.
            Voted San Jose MVP by his teammates, and scored scored one of the biggest goals in Sharks history, in 1994. Also one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              You have never heard of it because you have no clue about hockey. Stick to your 1000 posts about tv shows etc.
              Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the very definition of irony: a useless post complaining about useless posts, probably from someone else who never knew about slew-footing (to be honest I've been watching the sport for 10+ years and have never heard of it until now either) in the first place.
              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I would venture that to those who came into hockey as a spectator, most would not know the term. No fault of their own, just that it isn't a widespread action, and even more rarely penalized.

However, I would guess that most players learn at a relatively young age that it is a gutless and dangerous way to contact another player.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  However, I would guess that most players learn at a relatively young age that it is a gutless and dangerous way to contact another player.
                  and the rest perfect it to an art form (here's looking at you, Sydney).
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                  2014 East Regional
                  2015 West Regional
                  2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                  2019 Midwest Regional

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    I would venture that to those who came into hockey as a spectator, most would not know the term. No fault of their own, just that it isn't a widespread action, and even more rarely penalized.

As soon as I heard the names Marchand, Subban, and Crosby I just had to chuckle what a bunch of a-holes. Jack in the box is another play not widely known to a spectator either but not nearly as dirty or dangerous.
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      You have never heard of it because you have no clue about hockey. Stick to your 1000 posts about tv shows etc.
                      Of course hokydad needs to jump into a perfectly civil conversation and **** all over it like a 13 year old drama queen.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Of course hokydad needs to jump into a perfectly civil conversation and **** all over it like a 13 year old drama queen.
                        That's because he's a dope. ©
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                          I can't believe I'm about to question you on something like this, but wasn't it 88-89? I remember Jamie being one year behind me and graduating in '89.
                          You're right...he graduated in '89. Now does a great job as color commentator on San Jose hockey and his daughter Bridget plays for UVM. Apparently my senior moments are now extending to senior years

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Why are you insulting 13-year old drama queens? What have they done to you to deserve such an invidious comparison?
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Different spelling. Meet Sluefoot Sue.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...luefootsue.JPG
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                              X