Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

First off, high marks to Union for taking full advantage of their spots, especially late. They might not have had the better of the flow during the game, but they were deserving of the win.

I'm not going to be a little denialist wuss like UHM was after the game at Achilles. Union had a large contingent there at HFH, largest I can recall, and it was definitely Achilles in reverse at the end. You could hear a pin drop if not for the solid amount of noise the Union people made. For the most part, good showing on their part.

I've never been more embarrassed to be rooting for the Engineers in my life. The last 1:10, it felt like they were playing like this was nothing. They were 70 seconds from handing Union their first ECAC loss of the season and turning things around, and then it all went to hell. Every single individual who saw ice time between the Union timeout and the game winner should be ashamed of themselves. I didn't see a single ounce of intensity from anyone. Paul Kerins let his frustration get the better of him and now he's out for BU. Utterly ridiculous.

The "sucks" shouting during the national anthem has got to go, on both sides. Show some **** respect. Heard a bunch of Union fans start hooting and hollering before the last line of the anthem as well. SHUT. UP. Wait till it's over.

Oh, and to the ******* who tried to pick a fight with me outside the Field House? Congratulations. You're a classy, shining example to set for your school. I'm glad I walked away, but I wish I hadn't.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      The "sucks" shouting during the national anthem has got to go, on both sides. Show some **** respect. Heard a bunch of Union fans start hooting and hollering before the last line of the anthem as well. SHUT. UP. Wait till it's over.
      Right on, Red Cloud. While "RED" is in fact a part of the anthem, and, in some lame sense, so is "U", "SUCKS" ...is not. The Anthem is not the place for a taunt. I not a big fan of "SUCKS" during introductions either.

But I do like "Two minutes for..." "SUCKING!"
      A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

First off, high marks to Union for taking full advantage of their spots, especially late. They might not have had the better of the flow during the game, but they were deserving of the win.

I'm not going to be a little denialist wuss like UHM was after the game at Achilles. Union had a large contingent there at HFH, largest I can recall, and it was definitely Achilles in reverse at the end. You could hear a pin drop if not for the solid amount of noise the Union people made. For the most part, good showing on their part.

I've never been more embarrassed to be rooting for the Engineers in my life. The last 1:10, it felt like they were playing like this was nothing. They were 70 seconds from handing Union their first ECAC loss of the season and turning things around, and then it all went to hell. Every single individual who saw ice time between the Union timeout and the game winner should be ashamed of themselves. I didn't see a single ounce of intensity from anyone. Paul Kerins let his frustration get the better of him and now he's out for BU. Utterly ridiculous.

Oh, and to the ******* who tried to pick a fight with me outside the Field House? Congratulations. You're a classy, shining example to set for your school. I'm glad I walked away, but I wish I hadn't.
        According to that line of thinking, you would also have to advocate for ALL chants during the anthem to cease, not just the "sucks." If you want to show respect for the anthem, then you surely think it's inappropriate to yell anything during it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
          According to that line of thinking, you would also have to advocate for ALL chants during the anthem to cease, not just the "sucks."
          Because he doesn't want to hear a bunch of people shouting "SUCKS!" over the actual words, or a bunch of idiots screaming "LETS GO U!!! COME ON U!!!!" during the last line? Your logic doesn't seem to compute. We can argue all day over shouting anything in the anthem, but one is yelling a word that's actually in the lyrics. The other is yelling something not in the lyrics to get one extra jab in at the other team. Because 60 minutes of hockey isn't enough for taunting each other.
          APBWiki

Comment

The "sucks" shouting during the national anthem has got to go, on both sides. Show some **** respect.
            Agree completely, it was embarrassing for both schools.
            National Champions 2014!
            Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
            Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
            Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
              Because he doesn't want to hear a bunch of people shouting "SUCKS!" over the actual words, or a bunch of idiots screaming "LETS GO U!!! COME ON U!!!!" during the last line? Your logic doesn't seem to compute. We can argue all day over shouting anything in the anthem, but one is yelling a word that's actually in the lyrics. The other is yelling something not in the lyrics to get one extra jab in at the other team. Because 60 minutes of hockey isn't enough for taunting each other.

You can't have it both ways. If you make the anthem into a shouting match, you make it into a shouting match. If you want to show respect for it and thats important to you, then you shouldn't be saying anything, thats the bottom line. The anthem wasn't written with the word "sucks" being chanted in it. It also wasn't written with "red" of "u" screamed during it.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                Winner. "You" and "red" are part of the anthem. If you want to emphasize those words, be my guest (I don't, but I don't have a problem with those who do). At least they're paying attention to the anthem.

Forgive me for being a little uptight about this. I did just spend a year in Iraq so that people can act like retards during the national anthem, AnthonySaxe.

Comment

Winner. "You" and "red" are part of the anthem. If you want to emphasize those words, be my guest (I don't, but I don't have a problem with those who do). At least they're paying attention to the anthem.

Forgive me for being a little uptight about this. I did just spend a year in Iraq so that people can act like retards during the national anthem, AnthonySaxe.
                  People are also paying attention if they're saying sucks.......just saying.

No problem with the word "sucks" I see, but throwing around "retards" is cool.

Comment

No, they're paying attention to the other contingent.

I'm not saying the anthem right now, I am, jerkoff?

Comment

No, they're paying attention to the other contingent.

I'm not saying the anthem right now, I am, jerkoff?

No, but I see your "respectful virtues" sure are universal. I guess thats what "retards" would do right? Yell just during the last line of the anthem?

Comment

No, but I see your "respectful virtues" sure are universal.
                        You are a moron. I'm talking about the anthem, and only the anthem. I don't care what anyone says about or to anyone for the remainder of the time they're there, before or afterwards. The only thing that deserves respect is the anthem, that's all I'm talking about.

Comment

******: (2nd def) n. A person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way (Random House Dictionary of the English Language, 2nd Edition)

Seems to fit, in the situation under discussion. I'm just sayin'...
                          A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

Thank You for your service.

Comment

Originally posted by TimV View Post
                              ******: (2nd def) n. A person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way (Random House Dictionary of the English Language, 2nd Edition)

Seems to fit, in the situation under discussion. I'm just sayin'...
                              Nope. Not really. Check the first.

Comment

Nope. Not really. Check the first.
                                1. Used as a disparaging term for a mentally ******** person.

We don't think you're mentally ********, although if you continue down this road I'm sure we could be persuaded.

Comment

Working...
                                X