Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Yet another misguided soul who thinks kids at RPI spend any time whatsover thinking about Union. Sad really.
    RHamilton himself said that he doesn't understand why you older folks don't see Union as a rival. I understand why you guys don't think that but among the students, it's bigger than you think. I think that RHamilton and myself can attest to that.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
      the last 2 games were both dominated by RPI except for a few stupid penalties and bad pinches.
      I don't know what the hell games you were watching. Dominated? Please.

Don't make me stand up for Union by making silly comments.
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        ... I understand why you guys don't think that but among the students, it's bigger than you think...
        So big that all of the "Users" will be interrupting their holiday break to return to the CD to see the game, right? Didn't think so.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
          I don't know what the hell games you were watching. Dominated? Please.

Don't make me stand up for Union by making silly comments.

Do it!

Comment

Anyway, I really think this game means more to RPI than it does to Union. Although the two games have been close this season, Union has dominated in recent history. I think RPI must be a little peeved that the team they once dominated, now runs things in the capital district. I fully expect RPI to come out with a fire and I hope Union responds. I'm also sure that RPI has noticed that their neighbors are now a top 20 hockey team so that might add a little fuel to the fire.
            Oh for the love of God.

The ONLY reason this game means more to RPI than it does to Union has nothing to do with any other RPI-Union hockey game in the history of the world. The only reason is the last three ECAC games both teams have played in. Union can lose this game without losing too much of their standing (BTW, congrats on the hot start). RPI can't lose this game without being on the brink of disaster.

"Runs things in the Capital District?" Whatever. You get down with your bad self.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Do it!
              I only call things as I see them. Just because a few RPI fans are saying ridiculous things shouldn't give you carte blanche to do the same.

Comment

So big that all of the "Users" will be interrupting their holiday break to return to the CD to see the game, right? Didn't think so.
                Well, I can't speak for others but I would be there if it wasn't for my Las Vegas trip. I made the trip up to Schenectady last weekend from the NYC area. This freshman class seems pretty good and into the games so I'm hoping they pick up the slack over the next few years.

Wouldn't that be nice though if 100 Union students showed up at the game? Man, that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

The only reason is the last three ECAC games both teams have played in. Union can lose this game without losing too much of their standing (BTW, congrats on the hot start). RPI can't lose this game without being on the brink of disaster.
                  That too.

Comment

What about the freshmen? Upperclassmen?
                    they've been performing all year, its time for Cullen, AAG, and York to step up

and realet you're kidding yourself if you don't think that RPI totally outplayed Union 5 on 5 in both games. I was at both games, were you? The entire game pretty much spent in the Union zone, the only relief being RPI's stupid penalties or Unions clutch and grab in the first game. Honestly, if you don't think they were dominated then maybe you should watch another sport.
                    Last edited by ThePeople; 12-08-2009, 04:15 PM.
                    The color of illusion is perfect blue
                    Chase: What Matters.

Comment

Wouldn't that be nice though if 100 Union students showed up at the game? Man, that would be awesome.
                      Sounds like the makings of a new community organizing group...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Sounds like the makings of a new community organizing group...
                        We have had about 100 students the last few years at RPI but it would be foolish to expect that when we are on our vacation.

Comment

... it would be foolish to expect that when we are on our vacation.
                          Luckily for you, I have learned from past Union presidents -- I have zero expectations from the Users...

Comment

Luckily for you, I have learned from past Union presidents -- I have zero expectations from the Users...
                            Never heard that one before. You need some new material.

As I've learned from current RPI presidents, a 4,800 square foot house isn't big enough for the highest paid president in the country. Disgraceful that she makes $1.6 million while 100 college staffers get laid off.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              I suppose it is just that Union does not have the long storied Division I history. Or perhaps that years ago when RPI was a powerhouse that Union was just not competitive. They certainly are now, however, and that does make for some rough tough hockey. This game means a tremendous amount to RPI as far as this season goes but either team winning doesn't give anyone "bragging rights" since the other 2 games were both OT affairs. As for me, I view every RPI game as a rivalry game-whether it be Clarkson and SLU(teams we have lost to more than any others) or BU and Vermont who we see occassionally but have a long history with. After 5 losses in our last 6 games-no matter how you paint it, this is a very important game for us and I am sure all the players and coaches are well aware of that fact.
                              My guess is it has more to do with the short history Union has in D1 as opposed to the competition level. The fact that until the past 10 years or so Union football would treat RPI as a punching bag never seemed to hurt the rivalry. When Union jumped to D1, they lost their rivalry with Hamilton, so it was easy for Union to jump to hating RPI in the new league as they were already used to hating RPI in football, the other big sport on campus.
                              National Champions 2014!
                              Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                              Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                              Let's Go U!!!

Comment

We have had about 100 students the last few years at RPI but it would be foolish to expect that when we are on our vacation.
                                That's a generous estimate on your part.

The Union folks that come to RPI are more of the Schenectady townie variety as well as folks who look like they graduated from the very first class at Union College.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X