Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of UnionHockeyManiac and Red Cloud bickering in this thread??
    Originally posted by Mankato student
    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
    -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
      Anyone else disappointed by the lack of UnionHockeyManiac and Red Cloud bickering in this thread??
      *crickets*

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I can see it now, early in the year, we lost two games and everyone except RC and GLM would be saying that the world was ending.
        Posts from early that year if the Internet existed:

"If we didn't get injured last year we would've had a real shot to win it all then and now this. Last year was our year to win it all and we blew it. Mike Addessa better really get his act together because there's no way Daren Puppa can carry this team and Oates, Servinis and Carter are a one line show. I don't know why Addessa feels the need to sit guys, what's the deal with that?"

I'll let you kids decide if 1985 troyboy or RedWrister would've written that.
        Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 12-08-2009, 11:52 AM.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post

"If we didn't get injured last year we would've had a real shot to win it all then and now this. Last year was our year to win it all and we blew it. Mike Addessa better really get his act together because there's no way Daren Puppa can carry this team and Oates, Servinis and Carter are a one line show. I don't know why Addessa feels the need to sit guys, what's the deal with that?"
          Jooris usually skated with Oates and Carter in 84-85. Servinis usually was with Tiano and DiPronio. Both Carter and Servinis skated on the left wing. The only time that they probably were on the ice was on the powerplay when Carter was on the left point.

Servinis skated with Oates and Jooris as frosh, but when Servinis was on the Canadian Olympic team (pre-Olympic tour) in their soph year, Carter was moved up. That line stuck together most of the time.

I think that I got that correct.

You definitely got the posting idea correct.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll let you kids decide if 1985 troyboy or RedWrister would've written that.
            At the Xmas tourney that year just after we blew out Miami 9-1 Jen and I went up to Big Mike and told him we would see him in Detroit-he laughed and simply said that he was just taking it one game at a time and that he was very worried about the next night against the University of Toronto. We spoke for some time that night and although it was clear that he realized he had a good team, he was taking nothing for granted.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

GLM- GREAT post. Worthy of a nomination.
              A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

Ralph, don't let the facts get in the way of a good joke.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                  "Disappointed" is such a strong word...
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Ralph, don't let the facts get in the way of a good joke.
                    I am not. Did you get to the last sentence?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      I'm not sure if this game can match the first two for excitement, but hopefully it will. MVT is red hot right now. On the other hand I don't think Adam Presizniuk has scored a goal in nearly a month. If he can get it going, Union could really get on a role especially with Kinkaid's recent play. On the other hand, RPI did get 4 goals on KK last time. York was definitely not his sharpest the last time around but I assume he was still injured and not at his best. I would expect him to be much sharper tomorrow.
                      Given the way the last two games went, I'm throwing records and streaks and whatnot out the window here.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                        Given the way the last two games went, I'm throwing records and streaks and whatnot out the window here.
                        the last 2 games were both dominated by RPI except for a few stupid penalties and bad pinches. Obviously Union was shorthanded last time so they should have been dominated, but the first game was legit though it was Milan and not Kinkaid. I think it just comes down to who wants it more, and honestly I think Union has for the past 4+ years. RPI needs the sophomores to come up big if they want this one(yes, that includes York)
                        The color of illusion is perfect blue
                        Chase: What Matters.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
                          ... RPI needs the sophomores to come up big if they want this one(yes, that includes York)
                          What about the freshmen? Upperclassmen?
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Good luck to both teams. And when I say good luck to both teams, I really only mean Union.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this game. When the puck drops, I will have just arrived in Las Vegas. Think I can put some money on this one? What's the DI hockey gambling scene out there?

Anyway, I really think this game means more to RPI than it does to Union. Although the two games have been close this season, Union has dominated in recent history. I think RPI must be a little peeved that the team they once dominated, now runs things in the capital district. I fully expect RPI to come out with a fire and I hope Union responds. I'm also sure that RPI has noticed that their neighbors are now a top 20 hockey team so that might add a little fuel to the fire.

I really wish I could see this one. Due to Union having all of our players (our top three offensive players aren't suspended this time) and due to Kinkaid's great play as of late, I expect a win for the Dutchmen. I hope their is a decent turnout for Union fans although I don't expect more than five students to be there because we are on our winter break.
                            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

One more thing: I agree with RHamilton. I think that there is a rivalry brewing due to what has gone on with these teams recently. Obviously RPI has the better history (no one can dispute that), but Union has been the better hockey team recently.

Also, most students don't know too much about the history and they only focus on what they have seen with their own eyes. Seems somewhat ridiculous, but it's the truth. I expect the rivalry to continue to grow each year.
                              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                Good luck to both teams. And when I say good luck to both teams, I really only mean Union.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this game. When the puck drops, I will have just arrived in Las Vegas. Think I can put some money on this one? What's the DI hockey gambling scene out there?

Anyway, I really think this game means more to RPI than it does to Union. Although the two games have been close this season, Union has dominated in recent history. I think RPI must be a little peeved that the team they once dominated, now runs things in the capital district. I fully expect RPI to come out with a fire and I hope Union responds. I'm also sure that RPI has noticed that their neighbors are now a top 20 hockey team so that might add a little fuel to the fire.

I really wish I could see this one. Due to Union having all of our players (our top three offensive players aren't suspended this time) and due to Kinkaid's great play as of late, I expect a win for the Dutchmen. I hope their is a decent turnout for Union fans although I don't expect more than five students to be there because we are on our winter break.
                                Yet another misguided soul who thinks kids at RPI spend any time whatsover thinking about Union. Sad really.

Comment

Working...
                                X