This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

I have a QUESTION for the good folks of RPI Hockey...what are your thoughts of asst. coach Jim Montgomery? Do you think he has what it take's to be a Head Coach in College Hockey? The late Shawn Walsh always said that Montgomery would be the type to be a Head Coach when he got done with his Pro Career.....well just interested in finding out. I know he'd look good behind the UMaine bench....!! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
      I have a QUESTION for the good folks of RPI Hockey...what are your thoughts of asst. coach Jim Montgomery? Do you think he has what it take's to be a Head Coach in College Hockey? The late Shawn Walsh always said that Montgomery would be the type to be a Head Coach when he got done with his Pro Career.....well just interested in finding out. I know he'd look good behind the UMaine bench....!! Thanks.
      He is certainly an excellent recruiter. Several of our recruits have mentioned him. I can't comment upon his coaching ability.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Frustrating when you run into a hot goalie. the engineers let that get to them and they finished weakly. got to overcome that

A good team can control play a better team finishes the play.

scored a powerplay goal thats good.
        Rather loose to Army than Union

Comment

Originally posted by Albertson Clover View Post
          Frustrating. Conditioning looked kind of bad as the game wore on. It seemed like Army won every single race to the puck and RPI couldn't establish the zone for more than a few seconds, even on the power play. Anyway, that won't do in the ECAC. The Union game was a real gem. It was great to see Messa packed and that nice big swath of red up in the corner.
          I didn't quite see it that way...Conditioning was not an issue here ,this myth that because there in the military they are in some superior state of "HOCKEY" conditioning is fools gold.They just plain and simple are not a very good Hockey Team.They have average speed if that,cannot shot the puck at all(I hope they can shoot guns better than pucks for everyones sake and safety)What they do have is a whole lot of DESIRE and they never gave up!!!!.Because have no doubt what they did was hang on for dear life for about 50 min.of hockey.The shots on goal were more like 50+ not 40 as we all know thats an art not a science.What happened last night was we reached a frustration level that eventually took us off the TEAM concept and everyone was going to take it into their own hands and win this game.You are 100% correct that won't do in the ECACHL this is a defensive postured trap type league and their are going to be a whole lot of frustrating nights and we need to learn to deal with that pretty quick.Hopefully this "EMBARRASING" loose is a wake up call and we get that message real fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=troyboy;4438157]I didn't quite see it that way. They just plain and simple are not a very good Hockey Team.They have average speed if that,cannot shot the puck at allQUOTE]

Let's see....they were on the road this weekend....tied Colgate 4-4....and beat you 2-1....very decent weekend I would say for a hockey team that "is not a very good hockey team"......that would make their coach a genius!
            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

[QUOTE=hockeymascot;4438168]
              Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              I didn't quite see it that way. They just plain and simple are not a very good Hockey Team.They have average speed if that,cannot shot the puck at allQUOTE]

Let's see....they were on the road this weekend....tied Colgate 4-4....and beat you 2-1....very decent weekend I would say for a hockey team that "is not a very good hockey team"......that would make their coach a genius!
              That's why we play the games. And I've heard a lot of excuses. Playing down to the team, bad refs, Military Appreciation Night being motivating factor, who knows. West Point had a hot goalie that kept them in the game, and we left off a few rebounds that went in. Live and learn. Best of luck next week to both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                this "EMBARRASING" loose
                ....is found by a red light on the street corner!!
                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                  I learned many years ago on Hockey-L that I must chose my words carefully when speaking about Army. There is no question in my mind that RPI has more significantly more talented palyers than Army. That, in itself, does not mean that RPI will beat Army consistantly. They do not let down at all for 60 minutes and just wait for a let down by the opponent. I have seen it too many times over the year.

RPI played a good game but couldn't put the puck in the net after the first ~5 minutes. One could see the result coming.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-01-2009, 10:16 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                    Rather loose to Army than Union
                    Now that is true.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                      ....is found by a red light on the street corner!!
                      Now that is true!
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Continued http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=86165

I am go out. I wanted to close the thread.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                        X