Lowell vs Providence: Battle of the least disliked teams in Hockey East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell vs Providence: Battle of the least disliked teams in Hockey East

Going through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
      I am going to Tsongas for the first time this weekend. Can u buy beer?
      you will love Tsongas ............................and it wont take you all intermission to get one beer like in the F of F room. You have time for two if you can handle it

Comment

I think I can handle it! Thanks for the info
        Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        you will love Tsongas ............................and it wont take you all intermission to get one beer like in the F of F room. You have time for two if you can handle it

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Lowell... least disliked team in HE.......BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
          Its not the team, its the fans
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Really looking forward to this weekend, just wish I could make it down to Providence, but Friday night is a tough night to do the drive.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              Yea, I love Tsongas too...has gone from a dead building 15 years ago into my favorite. Helps with the product on the ice though!
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Yea, I love Tsongas too...has gone from a dead building 15 years ago into my favorite. Helps with the product on the ice though!
                The product on the ice is extremely helpful, but for whatever reason, Bazin's hire helped liven up the fan base, alumni and students. His first game, even after a 5-win season, drew something over 5k if I remember correctly.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  The product on the ice is extremely helpful, but for whatever reason, Bazin's hire helped liven up the fan base, alumni and students. His first game, even after a 5-win season, drew something over 5k if I remember correctly.

Of course, it was also against BC who was #1 in the country. That usually helps with attendance too.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Game day ....

2011/2012 season: PC comes into Lowell and ends the Hawks HE playoff dreams, winning 2 of 3.
                    2012/2013 season: PC comes into Lowell and takes over first place in HE's regular season. The following night, Lowell goes to PC and wins the HE title. Two weeks later, the Hawks end PC's season at the Garden in the HE Semis.

Is a rivalry starting to build?

BTW, have to wonder how the Alliance will continue on now!
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Is a rivalry starting to build?
                      For two fan bases that seem to get along, it seems like there have been a ton of close, back and forth games through the years.

It's almost impossible to beat what happened last night. I'm still not sure that actually happened.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Oh, it happened. I think that this has the potential to be a decent rivalry with two fairly similar programs seemingly on the rise about the same time Was pretty surprised to see a sell out last night. Too bad the students didn't stick around. .
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Well didn't see THAT coming. Maybe we'll see you in Boston later this year.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Last night was my first visit to Tsongas Arena and it won't be my last. Great atmosphere and really easy to get into and out of the parking area (I parked in a lot off campus). Pendenza is a terrific player. I thought Lowell wanted the game more than PC but that's just one man's observation. We used to have the same atmosphere and crowds at Bright-Landry when Harvard was good. Now the opposing fans outnumber the home fans and it is just too depressing to attend a game there. Hence my desire to take in some real hockey with fans who are into the game. Can't wait for the HE tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                              Last night was my first visit to Tsongas Arena and it won't be my last. Great atmosphere and really easy to get into and out of the parking area (I parked in a lot off campus). Pendenza is a terrific player. I thought Lowell wanted the game more than PC but that's just one man's observation. We used to have the same atmosphere and crowds at Bright-Landry when Harvard was good. Now the opposing fans outnumber the home fans and it is just too depressing to attend a game there. Hence my desire to take in some real hockey with fans who are into the game. Can't wait for the HE tournament.
                              We're definitely very fortunate to have that arena. Great place to watch hockey, good sightlines, good beers. And Jasmine.
                              Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X