• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlaskaRox
    replied
    Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    ... can't believe they took away Pettit's goal.
    Really. All I can say is that Mankato must've liked the calls the refs made the entire night..

Amazing UAA swept.
    I'll take: "that's what Matt and Shane are saying right now for $200 Alex"

Matt: I like the Mavericks to take advantage of a weary Seawolves team. Mavericks 4-2, 3-2

Shane: I’d probably pick a split, especially with Anchorage being so good at home. But I like an MSU sweep.

Just did the math, and Kamal's save percentage this weekend was an astonishing 0.96875!!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Watching the replay of the game as well ... can't believe they took away Pettit's goal. The Mankato player was interfering with his goalie more than the UAA player was. I must say, this game was one of the worst reffed games I have seen all season. Amazing UAA swept. Some fans behind us were chanting "TSA".

Just did the math, and Kamal's save percentage this weekend was an astonishing 0.96875!!
    Last edited by Suze; 01-12-2014, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied

And by goly our record is 11-9-2, 7-7-2 in conference! Boy that feels good to say

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    SEAWOLVES SWEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Pinkie Pie, ready the cannon! Because I know never go anywhere without the...
    PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPARTY CANNON!!!

I'm still in shock how well this team after all that happened. It's amazing.
    Perhaps getting stuck was a blessing in disguise. First time we swept them at home since what 93!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

SEAWOLVES SWEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Pinkie Pie, ready the cannon! Because I know never go anywhere without the...
    PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPARTY CANNON!!!

I'm still in shock how well this team after all that happened. It's amazing.

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied
    Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Ok cut him some slack, he's actually one of the only decent uaf fans on this board.
    Very true.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Has UAA normally taken a two week roadie during this time in the past? I am surprised you are at home this late in the winter break.
    This is the first time in several seasons that we haven't taken a two week trip.
    At yesterdays Coaches lunch Hastings spoke to the grind that both AK teams have when traveling for half our games. Most of the outside teams whine and cry when they have to do once or possibly twice what we do for half our schedule. Whimps.
    Not Kato. Hastings is a stand up guy.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Has UAA normally taken a two week roadie during this time in the past? I am surprised you are at home this late in the winter break.
    Yup, they have done that in the past. We only have two more home series after this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Wait ... is this intended as a compliment?
    Well...the season is only half over.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf Fan
    replied

the D looked pretty good in front of Kamal, but they couldn't bring the puck up the ice. Mankato really clogged things up and made it difficult for them.
    Kato showed an excellent forecheck and it looked to me like they were trying to force the puck to the middle.
    They played way to much hockey in our end. How long can we expect Chris to stand up to that kind of point blank pressure?
    Those were some interesting lines Coach put out there last night.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    1 > 0
    See post #12 mmf.

Highlights from last nights game can be found on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PNF2...ature=youtu.be

The pass from Tatchell on the game winning goal was a beaut!

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Ok cut him some slack, he's actually one of the only decent uaf fans on this board.
    1 > 0

Leave a comment:

• seawolfpunk
    replied
    Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Has their been a lot of sun in the past week or so up there? And yeah, that does kinda sounds like a compliment!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I have to say that UAA was gassed, especially in the second and on both PPs. Jet lag and having their bodies stuck on Central Time will do that. MSU looked a whole lot faster in general, though kinda slowed down in the third. I wonder if being on the road for 10+ days (especially in the very dark January) is having any effect on them?
    They did look gassed. That's the kind of rink rust I expected last weekend in Wisconsin. Man, the Badger color guy sure was complimentary of our guys, numerous times he made statements about how poised they were with the puck, how they didn't panic, etc. Our boys did a great job last night of blocking shots and the D looked pretty good in front of Kamal, but they couldn't bring the puck up the ice. Mankato really clogged things up and made it difficult for them. I am hoping we see a better effort tonight from the Seawolves! Passing needs to be much crisper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X