Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

    While I still disagree with scheduling Wisconsin, I am pleased with the result. Whenever we win against our former conference members I will smile, I just wish we swept them out of their own barn!

    Reading up on the stats for this weekend series, we haven't swept the Cows since '93! Yikes! We gots to change that. Hope the boys aren't too jet lagged and are extremely hungry. If we do end up sweeping the Cows (anything can happen in a "rivalry" series) that would catapult us to 16 points in 16 league games played, this pace of points per game would almost assure of us home ice during the playoffs. This would also lend a helping hand to Bowling Green to eventually jump over the Cows for 2nd place. While I know this rebuilding process will take some time, I am salivating at the opportunity here at hand. And so should the boys.

    Also we are at .500, this late into the season! How nice does that sound? All of my life UAA has been below the .500 mark when the season ended, and while the second chapter of this season is still waiting to be written, we just went into the Kohl Center and split with Wisconsin who is 11-6-1. And sure, they didn't have some of their best players out there for both nights, and we caught them off guard off the holiday break, and their was not enough fans in the Kohl to cheer us on, etc. But we did it, we split against a team who should not split with us.

    As I've said before, I am a Boston Red Sox fan. 3rd generation fan, from a family that grew up 96 miles from Boston. The Seawolves are the pre-2004 Boston Red Sox. But, UAA has been striving for a .500 record, whereas the Red Sox were searching for a World Series Championship. Just the Boston, UAA sprints off the start line with a usually good record. Then WCHA play starts, and slowly and surely they both crumble. Mind you it is either a slow, tumultuous fall from grace, or the **** quite literally hits the fan in a fashion you have never seen before. Is this the season we finally get over the hump? Is Matt Thomas finally the answer as head coach?

    I couldn't find a thread for this weekend so I made this.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

  • #2
    Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Is this the season we finally get over the hump? Is Matt Thomas finally the answer as head coach?
    .
    Your season so far reminds me of Dallas Ferguson's first season. Took over a lingering sh1t-storm, had zero conference expectations, and wound up in the CCHA final four in Detroit.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

    —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

      Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Your season so far reminds me of Dallas Ferguson's first season. Took over a lingering sh1t-storm, had zero conference expectations, and wound up in the CCHA final four in Detroit.
      I hope we can accomplish the same, and I see you guys creeping up on us, I don't like it!
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

        Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Your season so far reminds me of Dallas Ferguson's first season. Took over a lingering sh1t-storm, had zero conference expectations, and wound up in the CCHA final four in Detroit.
        Looks like you guys might bee a victim to Bowling Green as well. I was watching Alabama-Huntsville vs. Notre Dame earlier, and Alabama looks terrible. Downright atrocious.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

          I don't know how we won that game, that was a robbery. But hey! SEAWOLVES WIN! Pinkie! Fire up the PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPARTY CANNON!!!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            I don't know how we won that game, that was a robbery. But hey! SEAWOLVES WIN! Pinkie! Fire up the PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPARTY CANNON!!!
            Especially with the number of shots we had too. Kamal is playing pretty good, maybe this is what Matt Thomas was planning all along!
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

              Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              Especially with the number of shots we had too. Kamal is playing pretty good, maybe this is what Matt Thomas was planning all along!
              Although I will complain once again about the shot counts ... there were 4 in the first period that were not counted for UAA. Kamal caught a puck that fluttered straight up into the air above his head ... that is not a shot on goal, yet Mankato was credited for one.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

              From ADN:

              "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

              UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Your season so far reminds me of Dallas Ferguson's first season. Took over a lingering sh1t-storm, had zero conference expectations, and wound up in the CCHA final four in Detroit.
                Wait ... is this intended as a compliment?
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                From ADN:

                "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                  I have to say that UAA was gassed, especially in the second and on both PPs. Jet lag and having their bodies stuck on Central Time will do that. MSU looked a whole lot faster in general, though kinda slowed down in the third. I wonder if being on the road for 10+ days (especially in the very dark January) is having any effect on them?
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                    Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    Your season so far reminds me of Dallas Ferguson's first season. Took over a lingering sh1t-storm, had zero conference expectations, and wound up in the CCHA final four in Detroit.
                    Has their been a lot of sun in the past week or so up there? And yeah, that does kinda sounds like a compliment!
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                      Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      I have to say that UAA was gassed, especially in the second and on both PPs. Jet lag and having their bodies stuck on Central Time will do that. MSU looked a whole lot faster in general, though kinda slowed down in the third. I wonder if being on the road for 10+ days (especially in the very dark January) is having any effect on them?
                      They did look gassed. That's the kind of rink rust I expected last weekend in Wisconsin. Man, the Badger color guy sure was complimentary of our guys, numerous times he made statements about how poised they were with the puck, how they didn't panic, etc. Our boys did a great job last night of blocking shots and the D looked pretty good in front of Kamal, but they couldn't bring the puck up the ice. Mankato really clogged things up and made it difficult for them. I am hoping we see a better effort tonight from the Seawolves! Passing needs to be much crisper.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                      From ADN:

                      "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                      UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Has their been a lot of sun in the past week or so up there? And yeah, that does kinda sounds like a compliment!
                        Ok cut him some slack, he's actually one of the only decent uaf fans on this board.
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                          Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          Ok cut him some slack, he's actually one of the only decent uaf fans on this board.
                          1 > 0
                          "Who got the Cup?"
                          UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                            Originally posted by mmf View Post
                            1 > 0
                            See post #12 mmf.

                            Highlights from last nights game can be found on you tube:

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PNF2...ature=youtu.be

                            The pass from Tatchell on the game winning goal was a beaut!
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                            From ADN:

                            "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                            UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: UAA vs. the Purple Cows of Mankato

                              Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              the D looked pretty good in front of Kamal, but they couldn't bring the puck up the ice. Mankato really clogged things up and made it difficult for them.
                              Kato showed an excellent forecheck and it looked to me like they were trying to force the puck to the middle.
                              They played way to much hockey in our end. How long can we expect Chris to stand up to that kind of point blank pressure?
                              Those were some interesting lines Coach put out there last night.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X