X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2014 Pairwise, Bracketology and History Thread`

So the Mavs are in decent shape?
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Providence and Vermont are still not locks.
      Cornell and Northeastern are eliminated.
      Colgate is the 10th team into the tournament. A win tomorrow and they likely get a 2 seed in Worcester. Go figure.
      Ohio State, New Hampshire and the LTHC (and AHA) need the autobid.
      Teams still alive for bubble and playing: Mankato and North Dakota.
      Teams still alive for bubble and done: Vermont, Providence, Michigan
      The cut line is now 14.

All favorites win tomorrow: Vermont/Mankato/Michigan in, NoDak out
      An Ohio State or New Hampshire win = Michigan out as well
      Ohio State AND New Hampshire win = Mankato out as well.
      Ohio State AND New Hampshire AND Mankato win = Vermont out.
      If all favorites (Niagara/RMU winner, Wisconsin, Union, Lowell, North Dakota, Denver, and Ferris) win tomorrow, North Dakota is in. Michigan is out.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Strange this computer based math. On CHN Sioux don't get in with a win and favorites all wining, on uscho they do.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
          Strange this computer based math. On CHN Sioux don't get in with a win and favorites all winner, on uscho they do.
          I saw where CHN's pairwise was getting jacked up. They had North Dakota dropping in RPI with a win over Western. That's why Michigan was hurdling them in an all-favorite scenario.
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            If all favorites (Niagara/RMU winner, Wisconsin, Union, Lowell, North Dakota, Denver, and Ferris) win tomorrow, North Dakota is in. Michigan is out.
            I swear it said otherwise a few minutes ago. I think I need sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
              Just curious how is UVM out with Ohio State, New Hampshire and Mankato winning ? They end up 12th in that scenario don't they?
              I figured it out. it is a Ohio State, UNH, Mankato AND Union all winning. That has UVM out...

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                So the Mavs are in decent shape?
                It would appear so. Looks like they one win between themselves, Wisconsin, and UMass-Lowell should do it.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I show UND out if they win and all favs win but UNH beats UML.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

I tried different scenarios for UND, but it didn't seem to matter what happened in the Niagara/RMU, Union/Colgate, Denver/Miami, and Minnesota/Ferris State games. North Dakota needs to beat Western Michigan and needs Wisconsin and UMass-Lowell to win. The Colgate win really hurt UND. If Colgate had lost, they would have only needed two of the three scenarios.
                    University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                    Frozen Fours: 22
                    Conference Titles: 17
                    14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
                      I tried different scenarios for UND, but it didn't seem to matter what happened in the Niagara/RMU, Union/Colgate, Denver/Miami, and Minnesota/Ferris State games. North Dakota needs to beat Western Michigan and needs Wisconsin and UMass-Lowell to win. The Colgate win really hurt UND. If Colgate had lost, they would have only needed two of the three scenarios.
                      That's the most likely, but see my other scenario that I posted below. Canisius, Ohio St, Colgate, Lowell, UND, Miami, and Ferris put UND in and keep Mankato out.
                      Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 03-21-2014, 11:16 PM.
                      North Dakota

Comment

That's the most likely, but see my other scenario that I posted below. Canisius, Ohio St, Colgate, Lowell, UND, Miami, and Ferris put UND in and keep Mankato out.
                        So you're saying there's a chance?
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

If Jim Dahl hasn't gone to bed yet, could he please run all 192 scenarios left, and see what is possible?

Thanks.

Comment

Quickly,

Vermont and Providence: Both appear safe unless all of these happen: Mankato wins (Mankato finishes behind both with a loss), UNH wins (auto-bid takes a spot), OSU wins (auto-bid takes a spot). Collectively, these results push the cut line to 12th (4 auto bids - NCHC, HEA, AHA, B10) and put Mankato ahead of Vermont in RPI (auto-bid anyway). Then, at this point it all depends on the result of the Colgate/Union game. Union wins - Providence is in. Colgate wins - Vermont is in. The reason is the Colgate/Providence compare, which revolves around that game.

Comment

I ran thru nearly all the scenarios and came up with the following:

Minnesota (1)
                              Locked up #1 overall Seed

Boston College (2-3)
                              Would fall to #3 if Ohio St wins, AND Union wins, AND New Hampshire wins, AND one of these three teams win: UND, Denver, OR Mankato
                              Otherwise they are the #2 seed

Union (2-3)
                              Would be #2 seed if Ohio St wins, AND Union wins, AND New Hampshire wins, AND one of these three teams win: UND, Denver, OR Mankato
                              Otherwise they are the #3 seed

Ferris State (4-6)
                              Would be #4 seed with win OR Wisconsin loss
                              Would be #5 seed with loss AND Wisconsin win
                              Would be #6 seed with loss AND Wisconsin loss AND Western Michigan win

Wisconsin (4-6)
                              Would be #4 seed with win AND Ferris St loss
                              Would be #5 seed with win AND Ferris St win OR loss AND Massachusetts-Lowell loss
                              Would be #6 seed with loss AND Massachusetts-Lowell win

Massachusetts-Lowell (5 or 7)
                              Would be #5 seed with win AND (Wisconsin loss OR (Mankato win AND Western Michigan win))
                              Otherwise they are #7 seed

Quinnipiac (6-7)
                              Would fall to #7 with Wisconsin loss AND Massachusetts-Lowell win
                              Otherwise they are #6 seed

Notre Dame (8)
                              Locked up #8 seed

St Cloud (9)
                              Locked up #9 seed

*** SEEDS 10-13 have a lot of shuffling
                              *** 4 teams fighting for 2-4 spots (Mankato, Colgate, Providence, Vermont)

If Colgate and New Hampshire win, then order will be Colgate, Vermont, Providence
                              If Union and New Hampshire win, then order will be Colgate, Providence, Vermont
                              If Colgate and Massachusetts-Lowell win, then order will be Colgate, Providence, Vermont
                              If Union and Massachusetts-Lowell win, then order will be Providence, Colgate, Vermont
                              If Mankato wins, they are at the front of the order, a loss puts them at the back of the order

Colgate (10-13)
                              Locked up a top 16 seed

Mankato (10 or 13 or out)
                              Seed #10 with a win
                              Seed #13 with loss and Ohio State loss OR New Hampshire loss
                              Out of the top 16 with loss AND Ohio State win AND New Hampshire win

Providence (10-13,out)
                              Out if Colgate, Ohio State, New Hampshire, and Mankato all win

Vermont (11-13, out)
                              Out if Union, Ohio State, New Hampshire, and Mankato all win

Ohio State (13-14, out)
                              #13 with win and New Hampshire win
                              #14 with win and New Hampshire loss
                              Out with loss

Michigan (14, out)
                              #14 seed with Wisconsin AND North Dakota loss AND Massachusetts-Lowell win

North Dakota (14, out)
                              #14 seed with win AND Wisconsin win AND Massachusetts-Lowell win

New Hampshire (14, out)
                              #14 seed with win
                              Out with loss

Denver/Miami (15)
                              Winner gets #15 seed

Robert Morris/Canisius (16)
                              Winner gets #16 seed

Comment

In a scenario where Robert Morris, Wisconsin, Colgate, Lowell, North Dakota, Miami, and Ferris win, the order of seeds would be:

1. Minnesota
                                2. Boston College
                                3. Union
                                4. Ferris State
                                5. Wisconsin
                                6. Quinnipiac
                                7. Massachusetts-Lowell
                                8. Notre Dame
                                9. St. Cloud State
                                10. Colgate
                                11. Providence
                                12. Vermont
                                13. Minnesota-State
                                14. North Dakota
                                15. Miami
                                16. Robert Morris

Now then you would place #1 Minnesota in St. Paul's, #2 Boston College in Worcester, #3 Union in Bridgeport, and #4 Ferris State. In Cincy. After that, #5 Wisconsin in Cincy, #6 Quinnipiac in Bridgeport, #7 UMass-Lowell in Worcester and #8 Notre Dame in St. Paul's. Following that, #9 St. Cloud would go to St. Paul's, #10 Colgate to Worcester, #11 Providence to Bridgeport, and #12 Vermont to Cincy. #13 Minnesota-State would go to Cincy, #14 North Dakota to Bridgeport, #15 Miami to Worcester, and #16 Robert Morris to St. Paul's and the regionals would look like this:

West: Minnesota vs. RMU; Notre Dame vs. St. Cloud State
                                Midwest: Ferris State vs. Minnesota State; Wisconsin vs. Vermont
                                East: Union vs. North Dakota; Quinnipiac vs. Providence
                                Northeast: BC vs. Miami; UMass-Lowell vs. Colgate

The obvious swap is Minnesota State for NoDak due to intraconference matchups. Everything else looks solid except for one thing. Would they swap Wisconsin and Vermont with ND and SCSU to boost attendance, or would they rely on Badger and NoDak fans to help fill Cincy. The East and Northeast look pretty immovable to me.
                                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Working...
                                X