Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Lakes Invitational?

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    In hindsight, it looks like it is working out for St. Cloud. On their way to their second straight conference title.

Meanwhile in the U.P., the Northern Michigan and Tech fans are still crying in their beers about being "deserted" and waiting for their team to win some hardware for the first time since the internet became popular.
    second straight,? I thought this was the first year of your conference.? and yes it does appear to be working out for you. (Good for you as well. you have a great team)
    Not so much for cc though.
    lastly, so what, this affects you how?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      second straight,? I thought this was the first year of your conference.? and yes it does appear to be working out for you. (Good for you as well. you have a great team)
      Not so much for cc though.
      lastly, so what, this affects you how?
      In post #4 of the thread, an MTU fan called all of the NCHC teams that left the WCHA traitors. It doesn't affect me much really. It seems odd to me though, that it is always Northern Michigan and Michigan Tech fans complaining about it. It doesn't seem like they will ever get over it but are quite hypocritical, since both teams have left the WCHA at one point.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Having thought about it dirty, you are totally correct. ! Now, do you feel better.? Or maybe you can be like op and blame obama.
        Haven't you been paying attention? I'd rather blame Tech.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I still do not think you guys get it. All the smaller schools and smaller markets were played for fools, too long by the Big Ten schools. They knew how much market share they impacted in both the WCHA and CCHA leagues. Now the secret is out, Ferris State, St. Cloud State, etc. . . . . . . . . . . . are better than the Big Ten.
          They just don't have the marketing and the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Haven't you been paying attention? I'd rather blame Tech.
            I would blame ND and Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
              I would blame ND and Denver.
              And that's why your opinion is not being valued in this thread.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

And that's why your opinion is not being valued in this thread.
                Or any thread ever.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

And that's why your opinion is being valued in this thread.
                  Fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by alger wetmore View Post
                    I still do not think you guys get it. All the smaller schools and smaller markets were played for fools, too long by the Big Ten schools. They knew how much market share they impacted in both the WCHA and CCHA leagues. .
                    When is the Big going to break away from the WCHA Women's?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                      When is the Big going to break away from the WCHA Women's?
                      When they get 6 women's teams.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                      X