X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

[They closed the old topic. I went there to post this.]

UAH's Ben Reinhardt and Bemidji's Phillip Marinaccio each get a one-game suspension from the league. The former misses UAH's Friday night game against Wisconsin, and I would guess that he won't make the trip to preserve depth; Marinaccio misses the Beavs' home game against Northern. I haven't heard about Marinaccio's victim, but Zach Stepan made it to the WJC final tryouts in good shape.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

UAH's Ben Reinhardt and Bemidji's Phillip Marinaccio each get a one-game suspension from the league. The former misses UAH's Friday night game against Wisconsin, and I would guess that he won't make the trip to preserve depth; Marinaccio misses the Beavs' home game against Northern. I haven't heard about Marinaccio's victim, but Zach Stepan made it to the WJC final tryouts in good shape.

GFM
    Marinaccio's victim was Garrick Perry's balls.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Ouch. Is he okay?

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Merry Christmas, everybody — even you, gmann.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

A UAA player was the recipient of a cup check on Saturday ... felt so sorry for him, but it was sort of comical seeing him skate to the bench (he got an unsportsman like - wish I knew what he said!) all bent over and holding his crotch.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Merry Christmas, everybody. It got down to 18F in Huntsville last night! There's pandemonium in the streets, and they're calling out the National Guard.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Merry Christmas, everybody. It got down to 18F in Huntsville last night! There's pandemonium in the streets, and they're calling out the National Guard.

GFM
              20 below zero at my house in the Mat Su and 35 below zero in the Banks. Merry Christmas, WCHA nation.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

...and 35 below zero in the Banks. Merry Christmas, WCHA nation.
                Of course, that’s in the heat of the mid-day sun. Closer to -40/-45 for overnight lows. We want to be careful not to sugar coat it or teams will start looking forward to their mid-winter trips to the “real” Alaska. D*mn good thing it’s a dry cold…

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Of course, that’s in the heat of the mid-day sun. Closer to -40/-45 for overnight lows. We want to be careful not to sugar coat it or teams will start looking forward to their mid-winter trips to the “real” Alaska. D*mn good thing it’s a dry cold…
                  We have three UA schools. The H is for Hot.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

GFM
                    Winter Storm Warning! 3-5 flakes possible!
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Winter Storm Warning! 3-5 flakes possible!
                      Meanwhile, Traverse City is having its snowiest winter in a decade, with about 50" so far. Not that I'm complaining...
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Merry Christmas, everybody — even you, gmann.

GFM
                        And a crappy............I mean happy New Year to you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          A UAA player was the recipient of a cup check on Saturday ... felt so sorry for him, but it was sort of comical seeing him skate to the bench (he got an unsportsman like - wish I knew what he said!) all bent over and holding his crotch.
                          Sorry Suze but there is never any humor in that type of pain.
                          To put it into perspective for you compare it to child birth.
                          After a few months or years I've heard many females say "lets have another baby".
                          I've never heard a male say "go ahead and hit me there again".
                          Enough said.

Comment

GFM
                            If he's suspended for 1 game, he can be depth on saturday. Speaking of UAH @ UW. Rooting for your chargers to get a win this weekend so the WCHA belts can finally be unified.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Bowling Green had a pretty good weekend. Not so much for Tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X