Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mariucci Classic (Colgate, FSU, Minnesota, RPI) 1/3/14 - 1/4/14

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
    Unlike some of my fellow RPI alumni who are too close to the team to be objective, I look at the results and nothing that I have seen makes me believe that Appert has a clue as to how to fix this. It is one thing to be a fan, its another to be delusional.
    You're talking about delusional? YOU? Don't make me giggle.

You want this team to fail, from everything I've seen.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Maybe not as soft as a cupcake but not as hard as ACalc either. RPI has played just above an average schedule and is .500. Sounds like a middle of the road team to me and certainly not NCAA caliber. Unlike some of my fellow RPI alumni who are too close to the team to be objective, I look at the results and nothing that I have seen makes me believe that Appert has a clue as to how to fix this. It is one thing to be a fan, its another to be delusional.
      Alumni, regardless of school, can hardly call themselves objective when it comes to the Alma Mater. However, a combination of expectations in both personnel and product are what brings posters at odds. Some believe certain people can do no wrong, while others see a product evolving in the wrong direction. I believe all of us can agree that a lack of consistency plagues the RPI hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Some believe certain people can do no wrong, while others see a product evolving in the wrong direction.
        See, here's your problem. You think anyone who defends against your accusations instead believes that "certain people can do no wrong."

Most people would also say that a team that just finished higher in the ECAC standings than it has in 20 years is probably not "evolving in the wrong direction."

But then, there's you. And this other numbskull.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Believe me, nobody wants to see the Cherry and White raise the NCAA trophy again more than I do. But I would like to point out that my criticisms come out of almost 30 seasons without scoring an NCAA goal. I don't want a squad that is a fringe team or a bubble team or one that shows up for the photo session (yes the Mariucci was a major embarrassment). Judging by the polls we are going in the wrong direction since the beginning of the year - we are now a hardly mentionable. If schools like Union or Quinnipiac can come up from a bottom feeder to near the top in the matter of a few seasons why does it take RPI so long? If you fail to ask the questions about what is wrong with the team how do you expect them to improve? They make the same defensive mistakes game after game. By the way, FlagDUDE, in that respect they are very consistent.
          Last edited by DeepRed72; 01-06-2014, 08:13 PM.
          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Believe me, nobody wants to see the Cherry and White raise the NCAA trophy again more than I do. But I would like to point out that my criticisms come out of almost 30 seasons without scoring an NCAA goal. I don't want a squad that is a fringe team or a bubble team or one that shows up for the photo session (yes the Mariucci was a major embarrassment). Judging by the polls we are going in the wrong direction since the beginning of the year - we are now a hardly mentionable. If schools like Union or Quinnipiac can come up from a bottom feeder to near the top in the matter of a few seasons why does it take RPI so long? If you fail to ask the questions about what is wrong with the team how do you expect them to improve? They make the same defensive mistakes game after game. By the way, FlagDUDE, in that respect they are very consistent.
            Same goes for the Saints, What's the problem????????
            brashersaintsfan

Comment

Working...
            X