• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    This should not have been a surprise.
    Are you e'fing kidding me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      This should not have been a surprise. Colgate has this year so far defeated the #2, #5 and #11 (USCHO) teams and has added a tie with #1. Their SOS is #6.
      They are a good team. They were definitely the better team tonight. They deserve to play in the championship tomorrow.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Strip the C. Not necessarily as punishment, I think he just isn't handling the pressure. Maybe he'd get back to what he was before without it.
        Yeah, he hasn't been the same player at all this season. Perhaps he just needs to relax and enjoy the ride. Think he's pressing?

Comment

• Re: Mariucci Classic (Colgate, FSU, Minnesota, RPI) 1/3/14 - 1/4/14

Way to **** the bed, boys.

In the grand scheme of things this tie is pretty inconsequential. Not for conference points, still sitting more than good for the PWR, but this is really disappointing from nearly any other angle. A chance to play #1 vs. #2 in the nation. Strings getting pulled to get it televised. And that is the performance we see to make it happen. Tomorrow night could have been rocking in Mariucci, and instead it's going to be rather blase.

2nd line was invisible tonight. PP continued to struggle. The only urgency was in the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes.

This team needs to get the PP sorted. If they don't, they aren't going to do anything in post season play.

Going into the weekend I would have been happy to see Skjei and Fasching sit out the whole weekend and get some rest, but after tonight I'm rethinking that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            Way to **** the bed, boys.

In the grand scheme of things this tie is pretty inconsequential. Not for conference points, still sitting more than good for the PWR, but this is really disappointing from nearly any other angle. A chance to play #1 vs. #2 in the nation. Strings getting pulled to get it televised. And that is the performance we see to make it happen. Tomorrow night could have been rocking in Mariucci, and instead it's going to be rather blase.

2nd line was invisible tonight. PP continued to struggle. The only urgency was in the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes.

This team needs to get the PP sorted. If they don't, they aren't going to do anything in post season play.

Going into the weekend I would have been happy to see Skjei and Fasching sit out the whole weekend and get some rest, but after tonight I'm rethinking that.
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
              Was watching on TV, and I still cant find the penalty Kulevich (the one that resulted in the PPG). Did anyone see it? It looked like the Gopher player left his feet and Kulevich got the penalty. MN was gifted that power play and the tie. Lets go get Ferris State and win this thing!
              Typical with B1G reffing.

Comment

Was watching on TV, and I still cant find the penalty Kulevich (the one that resulted in the PPG). Did anyone see it? It looked like the Gopher player left his feet and Kulevich got the penalty. MN was gifted that power play and the tie. Lets go get Ferris State and win this thing!
                The one thing I know for sure is that the refs NEVER EVER EVER call phantom penalties during hockey games. NEVER.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Except the leagues (out West at least) share officials, and it was a clear stick infraction. Other than that, you're right.

EDIT: Sorry, had the wrong call. Definitely a weak call, but some of those went both ways.
                  Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-03-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

He gave Serratore a very slight graze to the chin after being checked cleanly. I wouldn't have called it. That being said, there were a couple penalties on each team tonight I wouldn't have called.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    It is entirely possible that Big10 reffing will trend one direction or another, but I'm curious as to how much of it you have seen in order to form a legitimate opinion on such a trend.

The biggest gift of the night was that line change by MN that led to a 2-on-0 and Colgate's 2nd goal. Murphy did well with the shot to cash in on it.

Comment

Undoubtedly, most Gopher fans thought MN would run through the Colgate Raiders (7-9-3) like a buzz saw tonight and were looking for a big #1 vs. #2 matchup with Ferris State tomorrow night. Instead the Gophers got what they deserved tonight, a tie that feels like they crapped the bed.

The Gophers looked ok for the first 5-10 minutes and then it was all downhill from there. I can't recall a more pathetic effort by the Gophers this season. They showed little to no intensity in going to the net, committed unforced errors, were lazy on backchecking and generally looked out of sync offensively and sloppy for most of the game. The 2nd line, which has been a bright spot for the Gophers so far this season, was horrible tonight showing very little puck control and generated no scoring chances at all. Team captain Nate Condon took costly penalties (worst game for him this season), Kloos was non-existent and Cammarata never even got a SOG in the game.

Rau, Condon and Warning are all underperforming and in massive scoring slumps, which begs the question: Who are the "go to" guys for the Gophers now? Ambroz? Not a goalscorer. Boyd? No. Cammarata...IMO a disappointment so far this season and a real pu$$y when it comes to digging the corners. I'd seriously think about benching the squirt until he learns to play with more grit. The 3rd and 4th lines showed a little offensive surge tonight and played hard...Boyd, Isackson, Connor Reilly, along with Dmen Brodzinski and Bischoff.

Credit Colgate who were gritty when needed, played good position hockey, took advantage of turnovers, kept the Gopher shots on the perimeter, and overall played more like they wanted to win tonight than the Gophers. Even in the shootout, the Gophers looked like a 2nd class team. Mike Guentzel summed it up when he said in postgame, "We think we can get away with not blocking shots or backchecking. We get sloppy because we cheat". Time for a reality check.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        Undoubtedly, most Gopher fans thought MN would run through the Colgate Raiders (7-9-3) like a buzz saw tonight and were looking for a big #1 vs. #2 matchup with Ferris State tomorrow night. Instead the Gophers got what they deserved tonight, a tie that feels like they crapped the bed.

The Gophers looked ok for the first 5-10 minutes and then it was all downhill from there. I can't recall a more pathetic effort by the Gophers this season. They showed little to no intensity in going to the net, committed unforced errors, were lazy on backchecking and generally looked out of sync offensively and sloppy for most of the game. The 2nd line, which has been a bright spot for the Gophers so far this season, was horrible tonight showing very little puck control and generated no scoring chances at all. Team captain Nate Condon took costly penalties (worst game for him this season), Kloos was non-existent and Cammarata never even got a SOG in the game.

Rau, Condon and Warning are all underperforming and in massive scoring slumps, which begs the question: Who are the "go to" guys for the Gophers now? Ambroz? Not a goalscorer. Boyd? No. Cammarata...IMO a disappointment so far this season and a real pu$$y when it comes to digging the corners. I'd seriously think about benching the squirt until he learns to play with more grit. The 3rd and 4th lines showed a little offensive surge tonight and played hard...Boyd, Isackson, Connor Reilly, along with Dmen Brodzinski and Bischoff.

Credit Colgate who were gritty when needed, played good position hockey, took advantage of turnovers, kept the Gopher shots on the perimeter, and overall played more like they wanted to win tonight than the Gophers. Even in the shootout, the Gophers looked like a 2nd class team. Mike Guentzel summed it up when he said in postgame, "We think we can get away with not blocking shots or backchecking. We get sloppy because we cheat". Time for a reality check.
                        Strong board play has never been Cammarata's game. Not arguing against your point that he and others (pretty much everyone) crapped the bed tonight, but that ism&'the what got him here.

And you call 4-8-12 thru half a season as a freshman a dissapointment? Clearly he came in with really high expectations placed upon him, but college hockey is an upper-classman's game. I'm as guilty as anyone of underestimating the time table for how long it will take a guy his size to adjust to the strength of the players at the college level, but your assessment of his play is a bit over the top IMO.

And suggesting benching Cammarata is about as asinine a comment as I've read in quite a while. If your going to bench anyone, I'd start with some of the leaders on this team that aren't only not producing, but have been making far too many mental errors for upper-classmen.
                        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 01-03-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          Strong board play has never been Cammarata's game. Not arguing against your point that he and others (pretty much everyone) crapped the bed tonight, but that ism&'the what got him here.

And you call 4-8-12 thru half a season as a freshman a dissapointment? Clearly he came in with really high expectations placed upon him, but college hockey is an upper-classman's game. I'm as guilty as anyone of underestimating the time table for how long it will take a guy his size to adjust to the strength of the players at the college level, but your assessment of his play is a bit over the top IMO.
                          Not over the top at all. How Cammarata got through a hack league like the USHL playing like a primadonna I've never know. I've watched this kid now for half a season and he's the least impressive of all the freshmen. The kid is a total pu$$y. His numbers are ok, not dramatic for all the hype...but his lack of physicality is pathetic. Time for some line adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            Not over the top at all. How Cammarata got through a hack league like the USHL playing like a primadonna I've never know..
                            You're clueless, and not worth the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              he's the least impressive of all the freshmen.
                              Guertler

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                                You're clueless, and not worth the time.
                                Maybe you are an incarnation of dubbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X