Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14 (Part II)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    On Wednesday, the Toronto Lakeshore Patriots defeated the Mississauga Chargers 7-1. Michael Prapavessis had two assists. He was named #2 Star. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2228283

Prapavessis' line is now 27-2-30-32-2.
    Ever since the recent game when a home team scorekeeper awarded all three stars to his team despite losing by about five goals, I have been paying more attention to the Star selections rather than just checking if our recruits got any of them. So here I said to myself that TLP's scorekeeper was being fair giving the #3 star to a member of the losing team. Then I noticed it was to the other team's goalie who gave up 5 goals in 22 shots and was pulled. Some of those 17 saves could have been spectacular, but they did pull him.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Did you happen to notice the attendance?.......88
      now looking at the attendance for the other 2 games played tonight.....88 seems normal.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ever since the recent game when a home team scorekeeper awarded all three stars to his team despite losing by about five goals, I have been paying more attention to the Star selections rather than just checking if our recruits got any of them. So here I said to myself that TLP's scorekeeper was being fair giving the #3 star to a member of the losing team. Then I noticed it was to the other team's goalie who gave up 5 goals in 22 shots and was pulled. Some of those 17 saves could have been spectacular, but they did pull him.
        It is tough to tell just by the boxscore. I listened to the 3rd period of Alec Dillon's game last night and he made 2 or 3 saves the PxP guy raved about and that was when it was a 2-2 game. Then again, it's still a head-scratcher to me with some of these "Star of Game" that we've seen lately.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Did you happen to notice the attendance?.......88
          Yes, I did. I usually don't notice. That's even less than what our women's team draws.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is tough to tell just by the boxscore. I listened to the 3rd period of Alec Dillon's game last night and he made 2 or 3 saves the PxP guy raved about and that was when it was a 2-2 game. Then again, it's still a head-scratcher to me with some of these "Star of Game" that we've seen lately.
            I agree anything is possible, and one can't say anything really without seeing the game. It just seemed very odd.

I also thought to myself that the scorekeeper told the goalie, let in a few goals and I will give you the #3 star.

Edit: or maybe it is because the Mississauga head coach is probably the goalie's father.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-12-2013, 06:25 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Tuesday, the Green Bay Gamblers lost to the Chicago Steels 6-3. Evan Tironese had a crossing penalty and a charging major penalty with a game ejection. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2234326

Tironese's line is now 22-5-14-19-55.
              Green Bay Coach, Derek Lalonde received a league suspension (amount TBD) for his actions at the end of this game.....wonder if ET will also. http://www.ushl.com/?item_id=2575

Comment

Green Bay Coach, Derek Lalonde received a league suspension (amount TBD) for his actions at the end of this game.....wonder if ET will also. http://www.ushl.com/?item_id=2575
                I was wondering that myself, but we should find out by tomorrow. Not having seen the play myself I can't comment.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Probably no interest because he has rarely played. I assume he's being recruited as a #1.
                  Making things up again?
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Making things up again?
                    In a time warp again?

Comment

In a time warp again?
                      Oh look, more obscure references. Straight back to form.

Liars like yourself never just come out and say what you're thinking. Gives you more wiggle room when you get called out.

Comment

Making things up again?
                        Personally, Dillon is one of the recruits whose performance I am the most happy with this season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Personally, Dillon is one of the recruits whose performance I am the most happy with this season.
                          Same here.

Comment

No one here is doubting that he's a good hockey player. When he starts getting some starts under his belt (and I DO mean when), pulls 60 minute W's, maybe a couple shutouts here and there, the pros will take some notice.

Comment

No one here is doubting that he's a good hockey player. When he starts getting some starts under his belt (and I DO mean when), pulls 60 minute W's, maybe a couple shutouts here and there, the pros will take some notice.
                              He has had a shutout. Almost all of his wins are 60 minutes long. I don't know how anyone can fault him when he relieves the other goalie and performs better.
                              http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...=1060880&pos=G
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Same here.

Thanks. I was thinking giving our recruits a midyear grade, but it is really quite inappropriate. I will gave Nanne an Incomplete.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X