Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    On a side note, it was nice to see Scarlet and shrader for the first time in a long time (April in DC?).
    Were they on a date?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Federal League View Post

The national championship banners are right in front of you, no? HE Championships are above 118, all the HE teams are on the right side of the ice when you walk in, the ECAC Championships and Beanpots are on the left side, and the Hobey Baker banner, national championships, Travis Roy and Harry Agganis are above 108. I've been paying a lot of attention to banners this year, so I'm fairly certain about this.
      Not to spend too much time on this minor issue but ... you enter the arena on the side near Sec. 108. From there, you have a nice view right away of the HE banners across the rink. I think that would be a good spot for the Nat'l championship banners.

Also, anyone looking for a quick chuckle should visit the thread discussing the article in which LA Kings' GM Dean Lombardi is quoted taking verbal shots at Red Berenson. While the UM fans are all over Lombardi for dissing a college hockey legend and college hockey in general, apparently there is at least one program that he likes:

Michigan is the worst." continued Lombardi. "For hockey people, if you've got a choice between a kid - all things being equal - one's going to Michigan and one's going to Boston University, you all want your player [going to Boston University]."
      http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307298

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Instead I want to be as good as we can, and based on past years the bar has been set pretty high and, IMO we have not reached that bar yet this season.
        This... but it is nice to know someone likes us.

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
        Not to spend too much time on this minor issue but ... you enter the arena on the side near Sec. 108. From there, you have a nice view right away of the HE banners across the rink. I think that would be a good spot for the Nat'l championship banners.
        The NC banners will stay over 108 so I can stare at them all the time.
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

cleaning out some **** tonight and guess what i found?!?!

a card that reads "Here's how to prove you were at the garden's final beanpot" and inside is a dunkin donuts phone card that has stamped "1995 beanpot collector card" on one side and the boston garden banner years logo in the lower right corner.

[yes, i need to throw stuff out!!]
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post

Also, anyone looking for a quick chuckle should visit the thread discussing the article in which LA Kings' GM Dean Lombardi is quoted taking verbal shots at Red Berenson. While the UM fans are all over Lombardi for dissing a college hockey legend and college hockey in general, apparently there is at least one program that he likes:
            http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=307298
            Wow. And Michigan has turned out a lot of solid pro's. One of my favs is now on my favorite NHL team. Good ink for BU.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              cleaning out some **** tonight and guess what i found?!?!

a card that reads "Here's how to prove you were at the garden's final beanpot" and inside is a dunkin donuts phone card that has stamped "1995 beanpot collector card" on one side and the boston garden banner years logo in the lower right corner.

[yes, i need to throw stuff out!!]
              If you throw things out you might miss cool stuff like this!
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Wow some pretty harsh words from Parker in the post-game. here we thought the leadership had turned it around....
                Speaking of JP's postgame comments, I wonder if Monday was a "practice without pucks".
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Pretty cool picture here: http://thesarahgordon.com/wp-content.../2010/01/4.jpg

Two things stand out: 1) It's amazing that he can jump this high on skates. 2) Of all the situations for Vinny to get a puck on his stick...
                  Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Are there still Beanpot tickets on sale at BU?
                    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Maybe a new thread before the beanpot will bring some luck...
                      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

This one needs to close first. There. I've done my part!!

The Beanpot came up awful quick this year.

Comment

I have no desire to start the new one... but I will contribute meaningless posts to kill this one.

Like this.
                          "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X