Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Did not any of you ever fight with a brother growing up in your house that you saw every single day?!?
    Three brothers... we had wars! Still all best buddies some 50+ years later (and still push each other around). Funny part... the off spring think they can take us. More rough stuff... old men vs. 20+ year olds and we can still kick their arse! (only a few more years of that crap left in us though).
    Ahhh... the memories.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I agree with this. I've heard about and personally seen many fights in practice, and was even involved in a few myself growing up. Hell, we used to helmet box even when we weren't mad at each other. The ice is like Vegas -- what happens there stays there (well, unless a petty media member decides to write about it). Almost all of those fights started because of someone being aggressive and just going all out. If they're doing that in practice, they're probably gonna be doing that in the game. Plus, doing the same drills every practice can lead to some flatness. Aggression, high tempers and fights get everyone pumped up again.
      Of all people, I saw Eric Thomassian and Steve Greeley get into a fight at practice during the 02-03 season. It was awesome, especially because I always liked Greeley more and he was much, much better at fighting.

I also once saw Kenny Roche and someone else replicate the Slap Shot stick fight between McCracken and Carlson. It was the last time I ever enjoyed watching Kenny Roche do anything.
      I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Three brothers... we had wars! Still all best buddies some 50+ years later (and still push each other around). Funny part... the off spring think they can take us. More rough stuff... old men vs. 20+ year olds and we can still kick their arse! (only a few more years of that crap left in us though).
        Ahhh... the memories.
        Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        I fought with my cousins all the time.
        Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
        My brother and I tore each other apart on a daily basis. I believe we each have scars that can be attributed to each other. He's still my best friend.

I was on the ice recently with my 5 and 9 year old cousins, and they dropped the gloves. Five minutes later, they were totally fine. Sometimes you just need to blow off steam, no matter what age or who it is..

alright then.... so why are we worried about hockey teammates getting in a row?!?

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
        .... It was the last time I ever enjoyed watching Kenny Roche do anything.
        ah, so you were the last one.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

nick with a 1-1--2 tonight.

now 40-57--97 in 99 games.

Comment

Hey, that makes us 4-1-0 in 2010. Let's see it continue against UNH, eh?
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              Hey, that makes us 4-1-0 in 2010. Let's see it continue against UNH, eh?
              strangely enough, BU has yet to lose a season series tie breaker in conference. tomorrow will tell us if this continues or not.

Comment

Milan is back! He was amazing tonight, saved the game several times. BC did not look too sharp but could have easily won it.

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
                  Milan is back! He was amazing tonight, saved the game several times. BC did not look too sharp but could have easily won it.
                  now if only we knew how to spell his name...

awesome game tonight, even if BC was injured and we did (I think) get a little help from the black and whites... that was a huge win

now we have to keep it up tomorrow, no time for hangovers here, 2 points is not enough this weekend
                  Last edited by quiddlet; 01-22-2010, 10:34 PM.
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    now if only we knew how to spell his name...
                    It was a sad moment last week when I noticed someone had hand stitched "MILAN" onto their jersey.

I'll take the win, but I think the presence of Wey and Cross would have changed the result.
                    Go BU!

Comment

For the love. Of. GOD! To the BU fans sitting in upper KK that had the unmitigated GALL to chant SCOREBOARD at the BC fans after BC scored their third goal - if I find out who you are I will have Agganis revoke your ticket privileges. And don't think I don't know enough people there to figure out how to do that. Never, ever, EVER, NEVER chant "scoreboard" in a game like that, especially in an opposing team's rink.

That said....yay! I think Colby's last 5 goals have been from that face off dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        For the love. Of. GOD! To the BU fans sitting in upper KK that had the unmitigated GALL to chant SCOREBOARD at the BC fans after BC scored their third goal - if I find out who you are I will have Agganis revoke your ticket privileges. And don't think I don't know enough people there to figure out how to do that. Never, ever, EVER, NEVER chant "scoreboard" in a game like that, especially in an opposing team's rink.

That said....yay! I think Colby's last 5 goals have been from that face off dot.
                        who won? did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          who won? did it work?
                          After BC tied it up.

Comment

you're looking for the five(ish) mostly-drunks that have joined 108 this year and are incredibly loud and obnoxious, one of whom you can never tell what he's saying anyway... i decided it would be a good idea to wait a couple of months to tell you this, but they also started a hey baby in the middle of the third period of the unh game when we were DOWN 3 - 2... i think its better for their safety that you never figure out who they actually are

although if you can have their ticket privileges revoked that'd be awesome, they annoy the crap out of me... basically like a bunch of umass students
                            Last edited by quiddlet; 01-22-2010, 11:01 PM.
                            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

if I find out who you are I will have Agganis revoke your ticket privileges. And don't think I don't know enough people there to figure out how to do that.
                              "...and in other news, we are still taking FoH applications! Come join us for all the fun!"
                              Go BU!

Comment

After BC tied it up.
                                big picture girlie! stop sweating details.

Comment

Working...
                                X