Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by limey View Post
    Based on the loss of personnel coming into this season, these were patently unrealistic hopes except for the Beanpot.
    Expectations can be unrealistic, but not hopes. I think we're all still hoping some of them can happen.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

hahaha Gryba got a timeout.
      time to write new history

Comment

So, how many points do we need this weekend?

Here's hoping we can all argue amongst ourselves in the weeks to come about home ice etc. vs. watching the HE tourney from a distance.

I'm glad I am so busy this year...no time to notice the performance but did watch the DVR of the Providence game sometime last week...was able to ff through most of it...nothing much to see here, keep moving.

Trying to work out the travel schedule to happen to be in Beantown in early Feb...might just work out that I need to be up there on a Monday night. Funny how that goes some times.
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

We need about 4 points every weekend from here on out.

Regardless we need to win the HE tourney.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

It seems that Gryba forgot to mention that he is also working on beating his teammates up more often. I mean, Victor Saponari? Really? I understand it fires players up, but I still feel fighting your own teammates can't be that good.
            April 11th 2009
            October 27th 2004
            October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
              I understand it fires players up, but I still feel fighting your own teammates can't be that good.
              Nonsense. It is good as long as you have guys willing to let it be over and done with. Back in the day when I was a student, I would always hear about a fight in March between two BC guys. At that point, I knew practices were intense and they were about to kick some major azz. It happened almost every single year I was there - they went to 4 straight FFs and won 3 HE tourney titles (should have been 4 in a row but surprise, surprise Maine cheated) in my 4 years. So I look at that as a great thing.

I see all indications that BU is going to win this game tomorrow. The fired up practices by BU, the injuries to BC's defense with the 5th and 6th guys on D playing a total of 9 career games, and the quotes from BU's captains about refocusing and having more team meetings.

Scarlet, BU2k, Gentry, Babs, etc... if you guys are around please do come by say hello to the family. The 7:30 start should get us in to Conte a little earlier than we're used to so we'll be around.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Scarlet, BU2k, Gentry, Babs, etc... if you guys are around please do come by say hello to the family. The 7:30 start should get us in to Conte a little earlier than we're used to so we'll be around.
                I'll be there - will come find you!

Comment

Do I know you?

I'd love to come down, but I'll be stuck up in Vermont this weekend!

Comment

Nonsense. It is good as long as you have guys willing to let it be over and done with. Back in the day when I was a student, I would always hear about a fight in March between two BC guys. At that point, I knew practices were intense and they were about to kick some major azz. It happened almost every single year I was there - they went to 4 straight FFs and won 3 HE tourney titles (should have been 4 in a row but surprise, surprise Maine cheated) in my 4 years. So I look at that as a great thing.
                    I agree with this. I've heard about and personally seen many fights in practice, and was even involved in a few myself growing up. Hell, we used to helmet box even when we weren't mad at each other. The ice is like Vegas -- what happens there stays there (well, unless a petty media member decides to write about it). Almost all of those fights started because of someone being aggressive and just going all out. If they're doing that in practice, they're probably gonna be doing that in the game. Plus, doing the same drills every practice can lead to some flatness. Aggression, high tempers and fights get everyone pumped up again.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Hell, fights are awesome. Especially between teammates.

Comment

Did not any of you ever fight with a brother growing up in your house that you saw every single day?!?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Did not any of you ever fight with a brother growing up in your house that you saw every single day?!?
                          My brother and I tore each other apart on a daily basis. I believe we each have scars that can be attributed to each other. He's still my best friend.

I was on the ice recently with my 5 and 9 year old cousins, and they dropped the gloves. Five minutes later, they were totally fine. Sometimes you just need to blow off steam, no matter what age or who it is.

In terms of the game tonight.... super ****ed. I was planning on watching it in a bar, but turns out I'm playing a game in the boondocks of Northern CT at 8:45. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to pick up 1510 on the drive up, but I doubt it.
                          "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Does anyone know if John McCarthy was recruited as a football player? If he was, which schools pursued him?
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              I fought with my cousins all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
                                It seems that Gryba forgot to mention that he is also working on beating his teammates up more often. I mean, Victor Saponari? Really? I understand it fires players up, but I still feel fighting your own teammates can't be that good.
                                I think it's great for teams.

See: 2009/10 New York Jets.
                                #21 Tom Morrow - Never Forget
                                2009 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                                Hot Dog and Jesus

Comment

Working...
                                X