Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    i think he mightve been inadvertently heckling you in an attempt to keep you from crossing the bu bridge because of how structurally unsound it is.
    ..and BC Joe, if you fall.. remember.. No Wake
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

After all the talk about whether BU has a #1 goaltender, I think we have our answer. (Not so much in play, but in who's getting the big games.)
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

A bit off topic, and already posted in the Frozen Fenway thread, but does anyone have an extra BU frozen fenway beanie that they'd be willing to part with? I'd be willing to pay for shipping and the cost of the hat... just want to get one and they flew off the shelves before I could get one.

BU Alum '07

Comment

While the lettering font is nice and the "Sox Skates" are a pure act of brilliance, the most easily distinguishable difference in the jerseys in the red fill in of the while numbers and letters. While I'm not sure I would want it as a permanent change, I think the fill-in looks phenomenal.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            While the lettering font is nice and the "Sox Skates" are a pure act of brilliance, the most easily distinguishable difference in the jerseys in the red fill in of the while numbers and letters. While I'm not sure I would want it as a permanent change, I think the fill-in looks phenomenal.
            It did and it was quite a special thing to see, if only because we all know how much of an old-fashioned guy Parker is. He was able to design an awesome jersey while still only having it scarlet and white and similar enough to the current jerseys, but different enough to pull you even further into the magic of that one night. And that's probably why I wouldn't want it as a permanent change as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              And there it is!!

I knew my source was impeccable.
              So is he the fourth Terrier from last year's team to make it to the NHL already? Gilroy, Wilson, Yip, McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                So is he the fourth Terrier from last year's team to make it to the NHL already? Gilroy, Wilson, Yip, McCarthy
                Yep, making his first start tonight vs. the Red Wings and Jimmy Howard. Wearing #43.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the first time a pair of walk-ons became co-captains, led their team to a national championship and then played in the NHL.
                Last edited by Rogie21; 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  Yep, making his first start tonight vs. the Red Wings and Jimmy Howard. Wearing #43.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the first time a pair of walk-ons became co-captains, led their team to a national championship and then played in the NHL.
                  Matt Gilroy-D (5/10/05)
                  Steve Smolinsky-RW (5/19/04)
                  Brandon Yip-RW (5/14/04)
                  Chris Higgins-RC/LW (1/10/04)
                  John McCarthy-LC (6/17/03)
                  Jason Lawrence-RW (5/15/03)

I know that everyone likes to think of certain kids as 'walk on''s (even Puck Swami once waxed nostalgically about Adam Berkhoel as a drafted, early commit - 'walk-on' at denver), but John gave a verbal commit to BU a full 2+ years before he showed up in the fall of 2005. with only 18 full scholarship dollars available for a team of 24-28 there are only a few "full" players, but there is an understanding that some money is going to most of the players.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Posted this in the even thread, but I'll post it here too. I put together some highlights of last night. (Admittedly biased towards BU but all of the goals are in there )

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdTjQfIXisU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QdTjQfIXisU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

anyone know if there's video of gilroy and boyle from their nesn stint online?
                      April 11th 2009
                      October 27th 2004
                      October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
                        anyone know if there's video of gilroy and boyle from their nesn stint online?
                        Not sure, but I can arrange it.

Yip was 3rd star tonight with 1G, 1A. (goal video) He also took a shot in the shootout and ripped one but hit the crossbar.

McCarthy logged some minutes and ended up a -1, haven't had a chance to see the goal against but we've seen enough that it likely wasn't his fault.
                        Last edited by candycanes99; 01-10-2010, 01:01 AM.
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3aQtBtNttZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3aQtBtNttZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Confidence on seeing a 4 point weekend here??

(I'm 97/100)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

(I'm 97/100)
                              You've heard of letdown games right? After a huge game like that, confidence will be high. However, I just have a feeling that enough of these guys know there's a long road ahead still.
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

(I'm 97/100)
                                I like there chances for a good weekend. Whether its 3 or 4 points I think they are playing teams they believe they will beat and that the momentum of the first two games of 2010 will continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X