Minnesota hosts Mankato State of Minnesota : 11/15 & 11/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Shibby has had a shutout in every regular season game he has played this year. I say keep in him and we'll undefeated the rest of the year....
    Brilliant!
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Minnesota hosts Mankato State of Minnesota : 11/15 & 11/16

Originally posted by Bale View Post
      I would venture to gUess there will be a much different angles better team by the northstar cup
      You can't argue with that kind of logic.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Mankato was picked to be the best in the WCHA, but they just aren't right now. Nice to see Shibby really take advantage of the opportunity.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Mankato looked over-matched at times, but having 18 skaters on the road for 2 nights couldn't help. As much as the Gophers were in control for stretches MSUM was in position to T more than once this weekend. That's not to say then that UM wouldn't respond, but I see glimmers there for the Mavs and hope they figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            You can't argue with that kind of logic.
            Glad you like it.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
              Glad you like it.
              I think most knowledgable hockey fans agree with you that this Mavs team is capable of playing much better than they have been. They showed flashes this weekend. Man, did you guys find a gem in Huggins too. Ton of composure for a freshman. I was very impressed.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                The best the WCHA has to offer only can score once on Minnesota goaltending and gives up 7.
                The Gophers certainly have earned the #1 ranking, but unfortunately, Kato's not the best, 2nd best, or even the 3rd best the WCHA has to offer right now. We're still hoping it happens, but this series was pretty much the rest of the year so far - moments of real energy and buzzing that yields litte or no scoring, unable to win faceoffs and control the puck after the 1st period, and defensive breakdowns that leave you scratching your head. Maybe next week.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  The Gophers certainly have earned the #1 ranking, but unfortunately, Kato's not the best, 2nd best, or even the 3rd best the WCHA has to offer right now. We're still hoping it happens, but this series was pretty much the rest of the year so far - moments of real energy and buzzing that yields litte or no scoring, unable to win faceoffs and control the puck after the 1st period, and defensive breakdowns that leave you scratching your head. Maybe next week.
                  I don't find myself bragging too hard about this weekend. Mankato played poorly and still had the Gophers sweating a bit on Friday night. Had it not been for, yet another, great performance by Wilcox that game may have had a different outcome. I feel like the D tightened up and really played well in front of Shibrowski on Saturday. He looked a little shaky to me and the D bailed him out a couple times.

That being said, as a Gopher fan it is pleasing to know that your team played an incomplete game on Friday and still came away with a win. Only a few short years ago, that Friday game would have been a tie at best and could have easily turned into a loss.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    Shibby has had a shutout in every regular season game he has played this year. I say keep in him and we'll undefeated the rest of the year....
                    0.00 GAA on the season for Shibby. Wilcox even gives up a goal to the Cows. Controversy!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I feel like the D tightened up and really played well in front of Shibrowski on Saturday. He looked a little shaky to me and the D bailed him out a couple times.
                      More than a little shaky during those moments, I'd say. But if you're a goalie it's hard to do better than zero - congrats to him.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        More than a little shaky during those moments, I'd say. But if you're a goalie it's hard to do better than zero - congrats to him.
                        I didn't think he looked too bad when facing shots. Most cases he was well positioned and did well on rebound control. The shaky part was in his puck-handling, and more importantly the communication between him and his D.

Comment

I didn't think he looked too bad when facing shots. Most cases he was well positioned and did well on rebound control. The shaky part was in his puck-handling, and more importantly the communication between him and his D.
                          Agreed. Several of those around yelled, on more than one occasion, "Shibby, stay in the net!"
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Agreed. Several of those around yelled, on more than one occasion, "Shibby, stay in the net!"
                            He's no Wilcox when it comes to that kind of stuff.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

He looked a bit erratic early on, understandably, but he settled down. Not only did he stop everything thrown at him, but he stayed strong in his crease when there was a lot of traffic or players crashing the net.

I'm all for having him get a game this coming weekend. It's always good to have a guy who is comfortable and confident ready to step in should the need arise. Saturday was great in that respect, as the majority of the game was played with a razor-thin margin. That's good experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X