Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Mankato State of Minnesota : 11/15 & 11/16

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post

Give it up dude, Schack was kind of a hack.
    He was a hard-nosed gritty player is what you meant to say.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      So if Frank and Wooger say something we're supposed to use that as validation? Those two are complete clowns.
      This coming from a guy who follows 2 crappy teams...

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        He was a hard-nosed gritty player is what you meant to say.

As MavFan's sig line says, "My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie."
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          It was only a concussion when Daddy went screaming and crying to the WCHA that night to get Bruess suspended. Once the penalty was increased, Tony was fine, and dressed the following night.
          It was a medically confirmed mild concussion, genius. But go ahead keep your head up your ***, not my problem.

So if Frank and Wooger say something we're supposed to use that as validation? Those two are complete clowns.
          Right, the break wasn't incidental to the fight at all. Shack clearly lined up the ankle from center ice, kept it clearly in sight with every stride, attacked it, but took extra care to eliminate any collateral damage to ensure ONLY the ankle was broken. Are you always this stupid or are you trying real hard today.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            It was a medically confirmed mild concussion, genius. But go ahead keep your head up your ***, not my problem.
            When a player is healthy enough to play a hockey game less than 24 hours later, the proper medical term is "not a concussion".
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              When a player is healthy enough to play a hockey game less than 24 hours later, the proper medical term is "not a concussion".
              Brilliant, the more you post the more ignorant you appear. Symptoms of a concussion range from mild to severe and can last for hours, days, weeks, or even months.

Comment

Right, the break wasn't incidental to the fight at all. Shack clearly lined up the ankle from center ice, kept it clearly in sight with every stride, attacked it, but took extra care to eliminate any collateral damage to ensure ONLY the ankle was broken. Are you always this stupid or are you trying real hard today.
                Seriously, you're talking in circles. Your insinuation is that Schack was only going to defend his teammate, but he incidentally broke a guy's ankle.....so that's OK. In fact, it's even heroric. And your proof to that is that 2 guys that are obvious homers and have a vested interest to protect their guys said it wasn't on purpose. His intent was to hurt Boe. It wasn't to gently go up to him and say, "Excuse me. I think that was a little bit too rough. Could you please not hit us like that any longer. Thanks, buddy." No, he skated across the ice and jumped on a guys back that wasn't expecting it. If he didn't realize that throwing 200 lbs of weight on the back of a guys that isn't expecting it while he's standing on a 1/4" blade on ice and then punching him in the head was going to injure, he's a bigger idiot than I thought and I would question how he got enrolled into top flight university in the first place. Did he target the ankle? No. Was he trying to injure? Yes.

Add to that you make the assumption that both Boe and Bruess were attempting to hit the head and their intent was to injure by their hits, but Schack was just incidental. Seriously? That's just dumb...and still happened 4 years ago. Schack was a hack. Bruess was extremely reckless and it hurt people (he badly hurt a UND player with one of his dumb plays). Boe made a very dumb play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                  Did he target the ankle? No. Was he trying to injure? Yes.
                  Ka-ching!

Comment

It's the first time I've seen this video. It looks like attempted murder to me.

A rabbit punch to the back of the head is much more dangerous than a lot of punches.

It can damage the cervical vertebrae and it can detach the brain from the brain stem.

That's why it is illegal in boxing, MMA and other combat sports. I would agree with goldy_331 that this is a very dark moment in Gopher history.

He may have lost his temper but there is no excuse for this level of violence in the sport. Anyone that would condone it has serious rage and anger issues.

I counted at least 4 full swings to the back of his head with his gloves on. Anyone in the medical community would have to seriously consider pressing charges.
                    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-13-2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I'm staying out of the argument and didn't even go back and watch the videos. I'm just saying, Frank and Woog are moronic homers.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm just saying, Frank and Woog are moronic homers.
                        Have to disagree, they are not moronic.

Wooger knows stuff.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          Have to disagree, they are not moronic.

Wooger knows stuff.
                          Woog was a pretty good coach and knows the game, but if you listen to him talk color wise he is one of the worst out there. (and the biggest homer ever)

Basically, they told us once in Mankato that they were not Gopher fans and objectively called the games..I just sort of laughed that one off.
                          Last edited by MavHockey14; 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm staying out of the argument and didn't even go back and watch the videos. I'm just saying, Frank and Woog are moronic homers.:)
                            Wrong

Don't you have some cream donuts in your basement to fill?

Comment

How about thoughts on the games THIS weekend? What do the Mavs need to do most against Minnesota to get back on track? Can the Gophers continue to find enough 5x5 scoring to win with such an abysmal power play? What type of pace do you think we'll see in these games? We know the Gophers will try and push the pace. Will Mankato try and slow the game down? Mankato has talent, but it sounds like they just aren't producing. How does Hastings approach this game? Clog up the front of the net, keep the Gophers on the perimeter, and block shots? Or does he try to counter Minnesota's transition game?
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Wrong

Don't you have some cream donuts in your basement to fill?
                                Mmm....donuts.

Does annoying homers work? Drunk homers? Demented homers?

Comment

Working...
                                X