RPI vs. Union (11/15 & 11/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI vs. Union (11/15 & 11/16)

I've been busy with other games and work so not my most in-depth preview, but here's a look at the preview of RPI-Union over at SBNation. Look forward to covering the games the next two nights for my first experience at RPI-Union rivalry in person.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...nipiac-harvard
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
      And the hip-gyration-operated spotlights, and "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!" announcing, and 2.5 minute long goal horns?
      I wonder which NHL team's goal song they're ripping off this year? Here's hoping we don't find out.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I knew the hate from FlagDORK would start festering up at some point this week, but all the Messa potshots from others are entertaining too. I know Flag woke up on the wrong side of his racecar bed this morning, and he's just cranky, but I expected a more creative effort from the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
          I knew the hate from FlagDORK would start festering up at some point this week, but all the Messa potshots from others are entertaining too. I know Flag woke up on the wrong side of his racecar bed this morning, and he's just cranky, but I expected a more creative effort from the rest of you.
          Sorry we didn't meet your criterion for good-natured ribbing?

For more creative efforts, check out the #HateUnionWeek posts from Without A Peer's Twitter feed.
          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Why would we waste creativity on you?

Comment

I expect the red carpet to be rolled out for me tonight as I attend the game at my favortite salt...I mean arena in the ECAC. I just stopped drinking fluids because I know I will have to wait for an hour to get one of the two urinals at the game.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                I expect the red carpet to be rolled out for me tonight as I attend the game at my favortite salt...I mean arena in the ECAC. I just stopped drinking fluids because I know I will have to wait for an hour to get one of the two urinals at the game.
                Just mistake any of the folk in a Union jersey.

Comment

Please don't lump him in with us.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    The guy wants to call you his rival, and can't beat them? He doesn't get belief from me.
                    Assuming "me" is FlagDUDE, could I get clarification as to who "the guy," "you," "them," and "he" refer to?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Assuming "me" is FlagDUDE, could I get clarification as to who "the guy," "you," "them," and "he" refer to?
                      Take one look at any post from me and see what is different. Specifically what is below my screen name. Everything will be understood.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Take one look at any post from me and see what is different. Specifically what is below my screen name. Everything will be understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          He seems to be pitching a hissy fit. It doesn't matter much from there who or what he's referring to.

Comment

For RPI fans attending Messa tonight, I have retained legal counsel if any of you are harrassed by the security.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Actually you are right and wrong. Messa was recently picked as the 5th best overall rink by USCHO. http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/04/comm...hockey-arenas/
                              Actually, it was fifth out of the rinks he visited IN THAT TRIP of 13 schols. So fifth best overall? Nice try. You would think the professors would teach reading comprehension over at Union.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                Actually, it was fifth out of the rinks he visited IN THAT TRIP of 13 schols. So fifth best overall? Nice try. You would think the professors would teach reading comprehension over at Union.
                                I also have two graduate degrees from RPI so they did not do any better
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X