• Show
Clear All

Re: RPI vs. Union (11/15 & 11/16)

Any video feed for tomorrow night?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      Any video feed for tomorrow night?
      Probably something craptastic from the press box that you have to pay $10 for.

Comment

I think RPI breaks the curse but they have to wait until Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
          I think RPI breaks the curse but they have to wait until Saturday.
          There's no curse, unless you count having to play even one game in that sewer they're going to tonight.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            There's no curse, unless you count having to play even one game in that sewer they're going to tonight.
            Maybe that's why the game is at 7:30. People show up at 7, and have a prayer to get to the urinal before the second intermission.

Comment

Originally posted by x1795x View Post
              It's been three years since RPI has beat Union. That doesn't seem sustainable. May oranges be plentiful at Messa.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...hp?t1=48&t2=54
              Wow. I know Union's had the upper hand over the past several years (at least it felt like that after numerous years of RPI's dominance), but I wouldn't have guessed it was 3 years since RPI had beaten Union. And to think they were less than a second away from losing that game, too...

This is about as evenly-matched as it was since that game 3 years ago. I don't see a sweep by either team this weekend. If there is one, it would likely be close games where the winning team got the right puck bounce both nights. Good luck, folks! This should be a fun home & home.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by x1795x View Post
                It's been three years since RPI has beat Union. That doesn't seem sustainable. May oranges be plentiful at Messa.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...hp?t1=48&t2=54
                Wow. I know Union's had the upper hand over the past several years (at least it felt like that after numerous years of RPI's dominance), but I wouldn't have guessed it was 3 years since RPI had beaten Union. And to think they were less than a second away from losing that game, too...

This is about as evenly-matched as it was since that game 3 years ago. I don't see a sweep by either team this weekend. If there is one, it would likely be close games where the winning team got the right puck bounce both nights. Good luck, folks! This should be a fun home & home.
                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post

Not only do I see a Union sweep, but based upon tonight's refs, I see an extremely shortened bench for RPI in the Saturday game, with a full complement for Union. In fact, I'm not even going to wait for tonight, and do what I was planning right now. The guy wants to call you his rival, and can't beat them? He doesn't get belief from me.

Comment

Actually you are right and wrong. Messa was recently picked as the 5th best overall rink by USCHO. http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/04/comm...hockey-arenas/
                    but this does not look like a very objective evaluation. What always impresses the hell out of me when I get an opportunity to visit rinks around the country, are the dozens of big hanging banners from the ceiling rafters and awards, glass cases fill of trophy's, photo's of famous teams lining the walls going back decades, and huge lists of alumni who are famous professionals.

Union has very little of that. Unlike the rinks and storied programs at Harvard, Cornell, Boston College, and RPI, our rafters are pretty baron. I still see some pigeons that make there way up there and there probably are some bird dropping if you look carefully. Recently we have got some banners but we have a long way to catch up to the great programs at these other schools. Keeps you humble and hungry. In the long traditions of Division I College Hockey we are still an upstart, although fewer people think we are from Kentucky.

Where you are correct is the fact that Messa is right next to Seward brook? which traverses the Union Campus and used to be nothing more than an exposed sewer although I think it has been cleaned up recently. I know we used to pour soap detergent into it at the top where it entered the campus to try and kill the smell but that was a long time ago. It made a real mess.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      Actually you are right and wrong. Messa was recently picked as the 5th best overall rink by USCHO. http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/04/comm...hockey-arenas/
                      5th overall out of a random 13? Wow.

Comment

Are we actually going to get a radio broadcast this year? I really don't want to hear WRUC yack about non-associated BS during the game. Granted, I was preoccupied with something else last year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Are we actually going to get a radio broadcast this year? I really don't want to hear WRUC yack about non-associated BS during the game. Granted, I was preoccupied with something else last year.
                          I would love to help out with game updates, but don't really know an efficient way how -- wish me luck, I'm actually GOING THERE tonight, and I'm pretty sure I bought a ticket that isn't with the rest of the RPI fans.
                          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                            I would love to help out with game updates, but don't really know an efficient way how -- wish me luck, I'm actually GOING THERE tonight, and I'm pretty sure I bought a ticket that isn't with the rest of the RPI fans.
                            Hopefully you aren't raped at the door by the mall cops.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                              Good luck wading through the bratty eight-year-olds from Glenville who roam around unsupervised, and the belligerent rent-a-cops who make Barney Fife look like Kojak.

Comment

Good luck wading through the bratty eight-year-olds from Glenville who roam around unsupervised, and the belligerent rent-a-cops who make Barney Fife look like Kojak.
                                And the hip-gyration-operated spotlights, and "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!" announcing, and 2.5 minute long goal horns?

That being said, at least you can follow live game stats via the Presto Sports things (they're usually pretty good) or WithoutAPeer's Twitter feed.
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X