Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

I COULDN'T TEAR MYSELF AWAY!

BU fans, can we have a vote and officially turn this into the BC-BU gamethread, since we don't have one yet?

It's already 'on topic' for a BC BU thread anyway
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

BU fans, can we have a vote and officially turn this into the BC-BU gamethread, since we don't have one yet?

??? How so, I haven't seen any BU fans talk to BC fans or vice versa. Now hurry up you are going to be late for your job at McD's
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        You would lose. For example, you can spell.
        I think he is scared, he has already tried intimidation

"You dillusional area clown! Get a life, and stop following hocjey East! Hokydad"

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Go away Troll
          Nick can stay. Because I say he can. Not that he needs my help. It's a free country. He can post where he wants.

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

Funny you should ask. I was wondering about the BU/BC game thread following this one. I agree we should just evolve this into the BU/BC game thread since the UVM folks will be joining that one. We're already all here. Let's save some bandwidth!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Nick can stay. Because I say he can. Not that he needs my help. It's a free country. He can post where he wants.

yes it is a free country and I am free to call him a troll.....regardless of whether you give your permission or not.

Comment

yes it is a free country and I am free to call him a troll.....regardless of whether you give your permission or not.
              You can call him what you want. You can't tell him to leave.

Comment

Well I can actually, that would in fact be part of "freedom of speech." I can tell him to leave, I can tell him to jump off a bridge, and I can even call him a troll. I can also tell you to leave and you can tell me to leave Nick alone.

Clear? Good thanks for bringing up that all important lesson on freedom of speech : what it really means.

Comment

Well I can actually, that would in fact be part of "freedom of speech."
                  You guys have that "freedom of speech" thing up there in Canada too? Cool!!!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This thread is great. It is the perfect mix of stupid, awesome, and everything in between. Even better and more confusing is it is a BU thread, with multiple BC posters, but not here to troll against BU. Please continue...

Comment

Maybe you could let York in on a secret, wins in oct,nov,and dec count exactly as much as wins in jan, feb and march.
                      I think we'll have Kevin Sneddon let York in on that secret. In fact, Sneddon has written the book on successful college coaching. Foreword by Enrico Blasi.

A lesson in coaching for Jerry York, Jack Parker, and other Legends.

By Kevin Sneddon

Excerpt:
                      Guys, let me tell you a little secret. WINS in March and April matter as much as the ones in October and November. Does it matter if you have a chance to win a national championship in 1 game in April? No. 1 game is 1 game. They are all the same. So you beat Miami in April. We beat you in the regular season. TWICE. How come the NCAA isn't handing us any trophies? I don't get it. But not everyone understands or sees the world as I do.

Sure you've got 8 trips to the FF in the last 12 years and have won 3 national titles in your career, Jerry. And Jack, sure you've got 3 national titles as well. But come on! What really matters is beating Yale in November! Have you beaten a team of future US servicemen in the NCAAs? How about a school as highly academic as Yale? Did you guys do that?!?! Did ya, did ya, did ya? Didn't think so (ok, Jack, you did beat my alma mater, Harvard in the NCAAs once but I'm rolling so let's just go with it)! Here at Vermont, we scoff at going to 8 of 12 Frozen Fours. Why go on a run like that when you can go to 2 Frozen Fours in 45 years and celebrate the latest one with wins over Yale and Air Force? Yea, that's right. And have you rescued your programs from Elephant Walk scandals? Didn't think so. So when you guys look in the mirror and wonder what the face of success looks like, you better be picturing me. Because it sure as heck isn't in that ugly reflection looking back at you in the mirror. Come back and see me when you guys beat Yale and Air Force on the same weekend! Until then, stay at the kid's table.
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-01-2009, 02:46 PM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I think we'll have Kevin Sneddon let York in on that secret. In fact, Sneddon has written the book on successful college coaching. Foreword by Enrico Blasi.

A lesson in coaching for Jerry York, Jack Parker, and other Legends
                        By Kevin Sneddon

Excerpt:
                        I was literally laughing out loud reading this (not so good, since I'm at work and shouldn't really be reading college hockey message boards....).

Nice one.
                        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Yay Intercollegiate Athletics trash talk on message boards!

Just felt like I had to say something as this thread is headed to the HoF.

If your an RPI/PWR numbers geek, check out the rankings page on Siouxsports.com for intense numberage. Interesting stuff.
                          Last edited by Beantown6; 12-01-2009, 03:14 PM. Reason: Yeah yeah, just saw the link on the BU thread. So what.
                          Boston University Hockey
                          1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Don't mess with Scarlet.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So, has anyone thought to tell jcarter7669 about the multi-quote function yet? I have all these little lines of jcarter7669 with the 'you have this poster on ignore' all in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
                                Yay Intercollegiate Athletics trash talk on message boards!

Just felt like I had to say something as this thread is headed to the HoF.

If your an RPI/PWR numbers geek, check out the rankings page on Siouxsports.com for intense numberage. Interesting stuff.
                                I suggest never going there again. It makes this thread look tame.

Comment

Working...
                                X