Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 1

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
    Translation. I do not care about last year. Different team. Different Year. “Both teams are completely different from last year,” Vermont head coach Kevin Sneddon said. CURRENTLY, UVM is ahead of BU since BU is CURRENTLY in last place in Hockey East. It is weird how you do not get any points for last year's wins. However, beating a ranked team THIS YEAR no matter how good you guys really think they are will help in the Pairwise rankings at the end of the year. Yes we made it to the Frozen Four last year. And yes I enjoyED it. However, that is all in the past and I am just looking forward to the next game. UVM needs to improve in all categories and so does BU.
    Also, BCWH The Bulldogs rank first in the country in scoring at 4.56 goals per game. At least before Monday. I am just going on current statistics. Not on some subjective judgment based on the name of the hockey program. You should really do your homework (Also, are you really a true BC fan? I find it hard to believe you are checking out a BU post when you are not playing them. If you just like college hockey then props to you)
    I wish I had easy access to that popcorn eating smiley.
    Last edited by Scarlet; 12-01-2009, 12:37 PM. Reason: Some dayz I can't spell.

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      And you also think they could win the Stanley Cup because they serve our country (at least grantfan does). That's great and all, but ... oh heck...

RAISE A BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I never said that. Liar
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 1

(Also, are you really a true BC fan? I find it hard to believe you are checking out a BU post when you are not playing them. If you just like college hockey then props to you)
        Most people on here are both fans of a specific school and fans of college hockey in general. People who go to games just to be seen or just to taunt opponents generally don't post here because they don't care enough to find this place. I read non-BU threads all the time, and I would say about half the posters on here do the same thing.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

How come all the UVM fans on here have red chicklets under their names?

BU Hockey: Trap Game
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            As you can see, the difference between Yale and Vermont is that Yale doesn't raise a banner for these sorts of things.
            How do you know, been to the arena yet this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I wish I had easy access to that popcord eating smiley.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                That'll do! Thanks. And thanks for quoting my post, showing me that I can't spell today.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Most people on here are both fans of a specific school and fans of college hockey in general. People who go to games just to be seen or just to taunt opponents generally don't post here because they don't care enough to find this place. I read non-BU threads all the time, and I would say about half the posters on here do the same thing.
                  Good to hear.

Comment

However, beating a ranked team THIS YEAR no matter how good you guys really think they are will help in the Pairwise rankings at the end of the year.
                    Seeing as Yale is currently 24th in the Pairwise and barely a team under consideration, I don't see this one being a huge boon to you.

Also, BCWH The Bulldogs rank first in the country in scoring at 4.56 goals per game. At least before Monday. I am just going on current statistics.
                    Maybe I'm not 'doing my homework' but for some reason I'm not impressed by 21 goals against Holy Cross, Brown and Sacred Heart. They played a real team, and hey, they got shutout... whoa.

(Also, are you really a true BC fan? I find it hard to believe you are checking out a BU post when you are not playing them. If you just like college hockey then props to you)
                    I read as many threads as I can because I enjoy college hockey, but I particularly enjoy reading Vermont threads because of UVM posters' aforementioned illiteracy epidemic. Endlessly entertaining. I'm beginning to wonder if you're a new pseudonym for jcarter, trying to undo the damage done.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      I'm beginning to wonder if you're a new pseudonym for jcarter, trying to undo the damage done.
                      I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

The Bulldogs rank first in the country in scoring at 4.56 goals per game.
                        When more than half of a teams goals in a season come in 3 games against Brown, Sacred Heart, and Holy Cross I don't believe a teams GPG stat is shocking enough to warrant bolding, italicizing, and underlining.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          Seeing as Yale is currently 24th in the Pairwise and barely a team under consideration, I don't see this one being a huge boon to you.

Maybe I'm not 'doing my homework' but for some reason I'm not impressed by 21 goals against Holy Cross, Brown and Sacred Heart. They played a real team, and hey, they got shutout... whoa.

I read as many threads as I can because I enjoy college hockey, but I particularly enjoy reading Vermont threads because of UVM posters' aforementioned illiteracy epidemic. Endlessly entertaining. I'm beginning to wonder if you're a new pseudonym for jcarter, trying to undo the damage done.
                          Nope I'm still here dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            When more than half of a teams goals in a season come in 3 games against Brown, Sacred Heart, and Holy Cross I don't believe a teams GPG stat is shocking enough to warrant bolding, italicizing, and underlining.
                            This is Vermont we're talking about... if they beat the Middlebury D3 women's team they would throw a parade
                            -

Comment

Good to hear.
                              Just be careful, if you read some other teams thread and comment, they may get their panties all twisted up, complain you were trolling and then neg rep. Especially if its a UML thread or BC. Heck, BC fans will even complain you are trolling if you comment on a game thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                Nope I'm still here dumbass
                                Oh hey, welcome. Your ears must have been ringing.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X