• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAHStatman
    replied
    Re: Huntsville at Anchorage….. midnight matinee for the Chargers

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well we're historically bad at goal scoring and the power play.

It was good seeing you guys again and I think you guys will be better in the future.
    Thanks!

Although, we're averaging 1.00 goals per game, so we're now outhistoricaling* you on lack of goal scoring.

* That's a word we can make up in sports, right?

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Yes indeed. Especially since two of those teams were nationally ranked. Something to build on, for sure.
    Yes, for sure. We also have now in only eight total games played, more wins than last season (5 vs. 4). In four conference games played we already matched our total last season (2 vs. 2). The coaching staff and players should take that to heart and strive for much more

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    You know, I liked the first period. I didn't like how we kept taking dumb penalties (WTH, Salhany), and our PK was atrocious. We're historically bad on the PK (and, well, in W-L), so I wouldn't be too excited about 5-for-10.

Thanks for the hospitality. We'll see y'all in January.

GFM
    Well we're historically bad at goal scoring and the power play.

It was good seeing you guys again and I think you guys will be better in the future.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

You know, I liked the first period. I didn't like how we kept taking dumb penalties (WTH, Salhany), and our PK was atrocious. We're historically bad on the PK (and, well, in W-L), so I wouldn't be too excited about 5-for-10.

Thanks for the hospitality. We'll see y'all in January.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    First sweep in two years is nice, also we are 5-3-0 overall and 2-2-0 in league play. Pretty sweet eh?
    Yes indeed. Especially since two of those teams were nationally ranked. Something to build on, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied

First sweep in two years is nice, also we are 5-3-0 overall and 2-2-0 in league play. Pretty sweet eh?

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    What would they do with the pool and the Basketball court at WFSC then if just for hockey?
    I said it was just a hunch, he didn't really go into what he had in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    What would they do with the pool and the Basketball court at WFSC then if just for hockey?
    what they were built for.........student recreation.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Well that was fun. UAA goes 5 for 10 on the Power Play! I will say not a fantastic night for the referees, lots of weird calls and misses including at least a good 30-45 seconds of UAA having too many men on the ice WITH A LINE CHANGE in the middle of it!

But, it's been a while since I've seen something like that out of UAA. Good to see!
    Very strange calls. Couldn't believe the first Huntsville goal counted. It seemed like the refs (very late) whistle blew first. There were players on top of Gundy, the net was pushed forward, and the goal counts? Strange.

I liked what I saw tonight. At the parents pot luck meal coach said he didn't like the way UAA let the Chargers hang around last night ... I won't say how he worded what he wanted UAA to do to their opponent tonight, he might not appreciate my posting that on a public forum ... but he wanted the Seawolves to not take their foot off the gas. Bailey played right until the buzzer as if we were trying to tie the game. Loved it.

Interesting talk by Hackett. He mentioned his commitment to the hockey program, and that they would be improving the locker rooms and facilities on campus. My guess is when the other teams move over to the new arena they may make the Wells Fargo for hockey only? Just a hunch, I know that is what Shyiak always wanted to happen.
    Last edited by Suze; 11-10-2013, 03:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dude
    replied

First UAA game I've been to in a few years, Took my daughter (she made me go), she enjoyed all the goals for a change. The most exciting thing i think I saw all night other than the result was the fact that UAA consistently put bodies in front of the goalie. OMG, I haven't seen it done like that by UAA in what? 15 years? Now if we can just see them win games on a steady basis, they might add a few more butts in the seats. The price is a bit steep IMHO, over $20 for a game? ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Well that was fun. UAA goes 5 for 10 on the Power Play! I will say not a fantastic night for the referees, lots of weird calls and misses including at least a good 30-45 seconds of UAA having too many men on the ice WITH A LINE CHANGE in the middle of it!

But, it's been a while since I've seen something like that out of UAA. Good to see!

Leave a comment:

• seawolfpunk
    replied
    Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    UAH did look dead in the third, if that helps. :P By the way, Alex Allan's goal was UAH's first shorthanded tally in almost two years, so there's that.

It was nice to stay in the game the whole time on a Friday for once. Thank you, Carmine Guerriero.
    Both goalies were great when they had to be,

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Glad the boys got the win. But I agree with suze, if it wasn't for a couple pucks hitting the pipe and not going in, we could've lost that game. Need a killer instinct tonight
    UAH did look dead in the third, if that helps. :P By the way, Alex Allan's goal was UAH's first shorthanded tally in almost two years, so there's that.

It was nice to stay in the game the whole time on a Friday for once. Thank you, Carmine Guerriero.

Leave a comment:

• UAHStatman
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    All I know is that I brought it up with Corbs and got a loooooooooooook.

GFM
    I'll take that as a maybe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X