X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huntsville at Anchorage….. midnight matinee for the Chargers

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    How was the seat covers?
    Not what I expected to see, but they looked fine. They are not individual covers, but more like tarps that go over the tops of the seat backs, from the top of the balcony seats to the bottom row of seats.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Not what I expected to see, but they looked fine. They are not individual covers, but more like tarps that go over the tops of the seat backs, from the top of the balcony seats to the bottom row of seats.
      Well, Alaskans do love their tarps.

Oh, and way to go Seawolves!

Comment

Glad the boys got the win. But I agree with suze, if it wasn't for a couple pucks hitting the pipe and not going in, we could've lost that game. Need a killer instinct tonight
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          All I know is that I brought it up with Corbs and got a loooooooooooook.

GFM
          I'll take that as a maybe.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            Glad the boys got the win. But I agree with suze, if it wasn't for a couple pucks hitting the pipe and not going in, we could've lost that game. Need a killer instinct tonight
            UAH did look dead in the third, if that helps. :P By the way, Alex Allan's goal was UAH's first shorthanded tally in almost two years, so there's that.

It was nice to stay in the game the whole time on a Friday for once. Thank you, Carmine Guerriero.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              UAH did look dead in the third, if that helps. :P By the way, Alex Allan's goal was UAH's first shorthanded tally in almost two years, so there's that.

It was nice to stay in the game the whole time on a Friday for once. Thank you, Carmine Guerriero.
              Both goalies were great when they had to be,
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Well that was fun. UAA goes 5 for 10 on the Power Play! I will say not a fantastic night for the referees, lots of weird calls and misses including at least a good 30-45 seconds of UAA having too many men on the ice WITH A LINE CHANGE in the middle of it!

But, it's been a while since I've seen something like that out of UAA. Good to see!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

First UAA game I've been to in a few years, Took my daughter (she made me go), she enjoyed all the goals for a change. The most exciting thing i think I saw all night other than the result was the fact that UAA consistently put bodies in front of the goalie. OMG, I haven't seen it done like that by UAA in what? 15 years? Now if we can just see them win games on a steady basis, they might add a few more butts in the seats. The price is a bit steep IMHO, over $20 for a game? ridiculous.
                  GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Well that was fun. UAA goes 5 for 10 on the Power Play! I will say not a fantastic night for the referees, lots of weird calls and misses including at least a good 30-45 seconds of UAA having too many men on the ice WITH A LINE CHANGE in the middle of it!

But, it's been a while since I've seen something like that out of UAA. Good to see!
                    Very strange calls. Couldn't believe the first Huntsville goal counted. It seemed like the refs (very late) whistle blew first. There were players on top of Gundy, the net was pushed forward, and the goal counts? Strange.

I liked what I saw tonight. At the parents pot luck meal coach said he didn't like the way UAA let the Chargers hang around last night ... I won't say how he worded what he wanted UAA to do to their opponent tonight, he might not appreciate my posting that on a public forum ... but he wanted the Seawolves to not take their foot off the gas. Bailey played right until the buzzer as if we were trying to tie the game. Loved it.

Interesting talk by Hackett. He mentioned his commitment to the hockey program, and that they would be improving the locker rooms and facilities on campus. My guess is when the other teams move over to the new arena they may make the Wells Fargo for hockey only? Just a hunch, I know that is what Shyiak always wanted to happen.
                    Last edited by Suze; 11-10-2013, 02:24 AM.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What would they do with the pool and the Basketball court at WFSC then if just for hockey?

Comment

What would they do with the pool and the Basketball court at WFSC then if just for hockey?
                        what they were built for.........student recreation.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I said it was just a hunch, he didn't really go into what he had in mind.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

First sweep in two years is nice, also we are 5-3-0 overall and 2-2-0 in league play. Pretty sweet eh?
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              First sweep in two years is nice, also we are 5-3-0 overall and 2-2-0 in league play. Pretty sweet eh?
                              Yes indeed. Especially since two of those teams were nationally ranked. Something to build on, for sure.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You know, I liked the first period. I didn't like how we kept taking dumb penalties (WTH, Salhany), and our PK was atrocious. We're historically bad on the PK (and, well, in W-L), so I wouldn't be too excited about 5-for-10.

Thanks for the hospitality. We'll see y'all in January.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X