Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    Worst online radio broadcast they've had in a long time. Cutting out all game. #embarrassing
    Good result though. Finish the scalp tomorrow. Go Skins Go

Comment

• Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Have to save every possible dollar for Sweater Vest, eh?
      That rumor makes me laugh...as if...
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Miami looked good. SCSU needs to work on that PP, figure out how to get more traffic in front of the net or free up a backside guy. What they're doing now just didn't look all that great. It wasn't horrible, they got some quality shots, but it just wasn't working to finish the play. Goalie saw too much.

Who's the color analyst for the SCSU TV broadcast? The guy had some great jokes without forcing the yuk-yuk attempts the way Anson Carter does.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Good result though. Finish the scalp tomorrow. Go Skins Go
          Sing a song tomorrow, boys!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Miami looked good. SCSU needs to work on that PP, figure out how to get more traffic in front of the net or free up a backside guy. What they're doing now just didn't look all that great. It wasn't horrible, they got some quality shots, but it just wasn't working to finish the play. Goalie saw too much.

Who's the color analyst for the SCSU TV broadcast? The guy had some great jokes without forcing the yuk-yuk attempts the way Anson Carter does.
            I'll be curious to see if Rico goes with McKay again tomorrow or if Williams gets the start. My money's on the rotation. #itsearly

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
              Sing a song tomorrow, boys!
              The tribes go forth to war,
              Their scalp songs ring afar;
              Bright the blood-red camp-fires gleaming,
              Mad with thirst the war-hawks screaming;
              Signal smoke soars high,
              Beckons in the sky,
              Old men shake their calabashes,
              Warriors dance amid the ashes,
              Maidens sobbing, war-drums throbbing,
              War!
              Far and wide their host is scattered,
              Spears are broken, shields are battered;
              Miami! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh!
              Miami! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh!
              Race them, chase them, pound them, hound them
              Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                I'll be curious to see if Rico goes with McKay again tomorrow or if Williams gets the start. My money's on the rotation. #itsearly
                The playbook doesn't allow for back to back starts this early in the season. Williams it will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  The playbook doesn't allow for back to back starts this early in the season. Williams it will be.
                  Big game with back to back shutouts. It's all McKay.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                    Huskey Domi Nation was talking about making plans to Pitsburgh this year (looking up airfare and the like) in the last thread.
                    Only you would think that was serious.

Decently played game, gotta finish better though.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Only you would think that was serious.

Decently played game, gotta finish better though.
                      Pittsburgh was last year, gotta get a time machine for that one. Most everyone else is getting tickets for Philly this year if they make the Final Four trek this year - some make it an annual vacation trip.

Good tight game tonight and I expect another one tomorrow night. Plenty of chances but we couldn't get anyone out front to get a rebound, everything seemed to bounce right to their players or we didn't have anyone out front high. Everyone was just a little too deep. Hopefully we can bury them early, those two posts early were a sign. We finally started shooting and peppering late. Good luck tomorrow night. Go Huskies!!!

Miami played a good tight defense-box and tipped a lot of passes. We have to stop shooting wide- a lot of transitions off of it- and just get more on net. Miami also got quite a few shots off the faceoff in our zone - one of the goals and two or three nice saves by Faragher one wide- the centers really need to work on covering that - Kosilla and Dowd were burned.
                      Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-08-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Just got back from watching the game. Appreciated the feed, though it got a bit choppy in the 3rd period (may have been the internet connection). Far superior to what Miami is offering. Best line of the night came right after Miami's second goal: "The Huskies now need a pair."

It was a really exciting game to watch. Love the speed from both teams. Miami's defense finally seems to have settled in after looking pretty shaky in the first few weeks. I still think we look powerless on the power play, though. PK did well. Quite a few SCSU power play opportunities in front of the Miami net that I couldn't believe they weren't able to convert, but generally Miami did a great job keeping them to the outside. Both goals were beauties. It looked like even Barber couldn't believe that second goal happened. On the other end, I feel so much better with McKay in net, but agree that it's unlikely the rotation ends any time soon barring injury or total implosion. I'd take a split on the weekend, but I guess I would be able to accept a sweep instead. Go Hawks!
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          Big game with back to back shutouts. It's all McKay.

should be McKay

Comment

Motzko sounds quite ****ed at the lack of finish and he should be, we're better than this.
                            Time to show it tonight.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Got my updates last night from the Miami hockey blog. http://blogofbrotherhood.com
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                                Got my updates last night from the Miami hockey blog. http://blogofbrotherhood.com
                                Your $.10 is in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X