Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    For those of you who didn't know, Coach Motzko was an associate head coach at Miami from '91-'93 and after one year at Denver, went back and coached there from '94-'98.

Was listening to the coaches show and thought it was odd how much he knew about Miami University. He was describing the buildings on campus. Then he mentioned he coached there. I had never really looked into his history further back than his time in the USHL.
    It is in Motzko's bio and they talked about it at the regional last year. Motzko was asst to Gwozdecki till 92-93 followed Gwoz to Denver his first year there-94 and then came back to Miami the following year. The interesting thing was Erico Blasi played at Miami from 90-94 so all three were together for a few years. Joel Maturi hired Enrico later in 1999.

Comment

In all seriousness though, it is awesome that the last two unbeaten teams come from the State of Hockey. Unlikely, but it would be awesome if both stayed unbeaten until they play each other.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
        In all seriousness though, it is awesome that the last two unbeaten teams come from the State of Hockey. Unlikely, but it would be awesome if both stayed unbeaten until they play each other.
        As an Irish fan, I hope the Gophers get swept.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          As an Irish fan, I hope the Gophers get swept.
          As a fan of anyone but the Gophers I hope they get swept.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Elk River, Buffalo, Monticello, St. micheal and Rogers I think all get Charter as well. I heard they were working on Comcast showing all our home games as well and then the twin cities metro would get them.
            SBN College Hockey and the SCSU site also lists Comcast channel 999 for these games.
            Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-07-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              As a fan of anyone but the Gophers I hope they get swept.
              As a guy who married a Catholic girl, I hope the Jesuits kick some Gopher tail.

EDIT: For the record, I know that Notre Dame was founded as part of the Congregation of Holy Cross, not Jesuit. That was just too long of a name!
              Last edited by The Exiled One; 11-07-2013, 08:43 AM.
              scsuhockey.com
              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                SBN College Hockey and the SCSU site also lists Comcast channel 999 for these games.
                that is great! I ahve directv so I bought the internet package, but for people with comcast it is great they can watch the games.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                  I was just going by what the SCSU website said, and that when you go to channel 999, you just get a screen that says 'Stay tuned for select regional college hockey games' with the SCSU and MSU logos.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I think the chicken hawks will suffer a humiliating sweep by the Huskies, as I have it from a pretty good source that Wild Bill has an erection! Yes, the Wild Bill bonerfactor is back.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

For those of you who didn't know, Coach Motzko was an associate head coach at Miami from '91-'93 and after one year at Denver, went back and coached there from '94-'98.

Was listening to the coaches show and thought it was odd how much he knew about Miami University. He was describing the buildings on campus. Then he mentioned he coached there. I had never really looked into his history further back than his time in the USHL.
                      Yeah, he caught the Gwoz era at Miami and the much less heralded Mark Mazzoleni era, though he did recruit Dan Boyle. But, when Maz decided to leave for Harvard, we got Rico to come back. So it all worked out in the end.
                      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        I think the chicken hawks will suffer a humiliating sweep by the Huskies, as I have it from a pretty good source that Wild Bill has an erection! Yes, the Wild Bill bonerfactor is back.
                        No idea what that is, but am laughing my *** off.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Game day! Now that SCSU is finally back at home after a month, hopefully they will be surging off the sweep up at UND! So it's possible that we could sweep the red chickens

Comment

No idea what that is, but am laughing my *** off.
                            Huh, newbie.

Comment

Team of the Week on CHN

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...k_st_cloud.php
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick-Puck View Post
                                Game day! Now that SCSU is finally back at home after a month, hopefully they will be surging off the sweep up at UND! So it's possible that we could sweep the red chickens
                                It's possible that an earthquake will swallow the city of St. Cloud, but that seems just as unlikely.
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X