Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

    Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    SCSU is not for real and overrated.


    (Am i doing it right?)
    You rookie.

    I'd probably ask how many riding-mower DWIs have been issued in Stearns County since the start of the season and inquire if everyone will be showing off their new hand-me-down Arctic Cat jackets at the games this weekend.

    I'd also try to get a general consensus from the fans as to how they feel about the schedule: is the opportunity to get beat by the Gophers at Xcel enough, or would they have been better off getting beat by the Gophers twice at home like Bemidji?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

      Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Or wait and watch Gopher and UND fans take over the thread, like usual.
      Looks like you added a BADger fan this morning as well....
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

      USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

      Everything is Hill's fault.....

      "Hakstol you hack!!!!"

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

        Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        You rookie.

        I'd probably ask how many riding-mower DWIs have been issued in Stearns County since the start of the season and inquire if everyone will be showing off their new hand-me-down Arctic Cat jackets at the games this weekend.

        I'd also try to get a general consensus from the fans as to how they feel about the schedule: is the opportunity to get beat by the Gophers at Xcel enough, or would they have been better off getting beat by the Gophers twice at home like Bemidji?

        Had to Google...people wear those...in public?

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

          Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          Had to Google...people wear those...in public?
          Don't you know, snowstorm coming in tonight. We have to wear those to get to the game. We also add a little black grease to our faces so we aren't recognized by our friends on the kiss cam.

          BTW, do you recommend hunting redhawks with a 10 or a 12 guage? Whare do you find them in your neck of o-HIGH-O? I've never seen one around here.

          Looked it up on wiki and it says the redhawk is related to the "Chickenhawk".
          Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-05-2013, 10:31 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

            Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
            Don't you know, snowstorm coming in tonight. We have to wear those to get to the game. We also add a little black grease to our faces so we aren't recognized by our friends on the kiss cam.

            BTW, do you recommend hunting redhawks with a 10 or a 12 guage? Whare do you find them in your neck of o-HIGH-O? I've never seen one around here.

            Looked it up on wiki and it says the redhawk is related to the "Chickenhawk".
            Oh no no no, we need some OSU and BG posters in here to get you guys up to speed on the Miami stereotypes. Asking questions about guns, hunting or the outdoors in general doesn't jive

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

              Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              Oh no no no, we need some OSU and BG posters in here to get you guys up to speed on the Miami stereotypes. Asking questions about guns, hunting or the outdoors in general doesn't jive
              Jive??? So what did you prefer last spring, Thorson's two goals or Benik's two goals on McKay? Are we expecting another McKay episode or is Williams the bullseye? You'll have to fill me in on some of these stereo- types.

              Here's a Stearn's county snowmobile map, you can get to the University along the river north or south...plenty of bike trails...
              ftp://207.171.83.232/parks/SnowmobileMap.pdf When you're not at the game you can visit the resorts, bars or casinos.
              Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-05-2013, 11:22 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                I agree. Last time I watched St. Cloud defeat Miami, a guy asked me if the logo on my sweater referred to "Chicago State."

                Does GopherFan89 troll this thread?

                I predict SCSU gets a win and tie this weekend (but lose SO due to Miami's high-end forwards).
                Sounds like the lines for a "To be continued..." episode.

                Here are some more:

                Does SCSU finally get some respect and recognition?

                Do SCSU fans get upset with pollsters for moving up the Huskies 6 places?

                Does Husckey Domi Nation ever learn how to spell "Husky" correctly?

                Find out next week after a possible Husky sweep on "Whiny SCSU Fans!"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                  Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                  Sounds like the lines for a "To be continued..." episode.

                  Here are some more:

                  Does SCSU finally get some respect and recognition?
                  Do SCSU fans get upset with pollsters for moving up the Huskies 6 places?

                  Does Husckey Domi Nation ever learn how to spell "Husky" correctly? Find out next week after a possible Husky sweep on "Whiny SCSU Fans!"
                  No , just more jdubbs and jdubbs jr aka gopherfan89- kind of like more cowbell - persistent nasty rodents.

                  Yes, we are way too high, QU should be rated higher based on their pasting of Colgate compared to our mediocre rinse and wash.

                  No, it is permanently etched in the code.

                  Not possible, our team isn't that good.
                  Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-05-2013, 11:45 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                    No , just more jdubbs and jdubbs jr aka gopherfan89- kind of like more cowbell - persistent nasty rodents.

                    Yes, we are way too high, QU should be rated higher based on their pasting of Colgate compared to our mediocre rinse and wash.

                    No, it is permanently etched in the code.

                    Not possible, our team isn't that good.
                    You should make yourself a new name based on the one you have. Just drop the "Hockey" part of it because your ramblings are more incoherent than many of the psych patients I used to work with.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                      Will this game be televised outside of Saint Cloud?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                        Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                        Will this game be televised outside of Saint Cloud?
                        As of now, it is only being televised on the SCSU Sports Channel on Charter.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                          Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                          Will this game be televised outside of Saint Cloud?
                          **** off.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                            Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                            Will this game be televised outside of Saint Cloud?
                            It's on the new SCSU Sports Network Charter HD 823 or standard definition 426 but I don't know how far out their coverage is.

                            The internet feed with a subscription fee is here...Game Central by Stretch Internet - I don't know what they charge, North Dakota's Newlion was $9.95 for 24 hours and $10.95 a month so pretty cheap for two games.
                            http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/scsu.portal#

                            All the important surrounding towns get it, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, St. Joe etc. North Mpls probably has a lot of other things to worry about like installing bars on the windows.

                            All home games are free/minus your cable subscription and in high definition.
                            Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-05-2013, 12:29 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                              Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                              It's on the new SCSU Sports Network Charter HD 823 or standard definition 426 but I don't know how far out their coverage is.

                              The internet feed with a subscription fee is here...Game Central by Stretch Internet - I don't know what they charge, North Dakota's Newlion was $9.95 for 24 hours and $10.95 a month so pretty cheap for two games.
                              http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/scsu.portal#

                              All the important surrounding towns get it, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, St. Joe etc. North Mpls probably has a lot of other things to worry about like installing bars on the windows.
                              Thanks for mentioning the North Dakota Streaming package! I purchased the $10.95 one to watch last weekends series and remembered that it will charge you monthly unless you cancel it which i just did.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Miami @ St. Cloud State Nov. 8th-9th: Beginning of a Rivalry?

                                I was just going to watch it one more time to see the defensive breakdowns on the Grimaldi breakaways. I know one was Prow forcing a pass to a covered Prochno but I don't remember the other two.
                                Then I'll probably let it go or try to DVR it. They have full game archives as long as you are subscribed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X