• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon
    replied
    Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
    Now that the Gophers are out of the WCHA I have a feeling these series thread are always going to be 5 pages og Gophers fans talking to themselves.
    The moment we see "Minnesota" in the title of any thread on USCHO, the rest of us stay away. You guys seem to be having fun without us...

Leave a comment:

• Bertogliat
    replied

Now that the Gophers are out of the WCHA I have a feeling these series thread are always going to be 5 pages og Gophers fans talking to themselves. I guess last week there were 2 or 3 BC fans.

Are there any Notre Dame Fans?

Bueller?

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    $$$$$
    Exactly

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    There are ways to get around that.
    $$$$$

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
    Was CHL an option after his DUI? I thought Canada won't let US resident with DUI on their record to enter the country.
    There are ways to get around that.

Leave a comment:

• Bertogliat
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I told you guys that tDon would take this position of Guertler having to "earn his way back". If nothing else it was important for him to send a strong message, not just to him but to the whole team. Now I agree with mnstateOfhockey, that he's served his time and should be given the opportunity to play in at least one game this weekend, and see what he's got.
    Was CHL an option after his DUI? I thought Canada won't let US resident with DUI on their record to enter the country.

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Preview from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...110613aaa.html

Nov. 6, 2013
    After a week off to rest, the No. 1 University of Minnesota men's hockey program returns to action this weekend with a nonconference series at No. 3/4 Notre Dame. Friday's series opener is set for 7:10 p.m. CT (NBC Sports Network, MyTalk 107.1 FM) while Saturday's game is slated for a 6:05 p.m. CT start time (1500 ESPN). Both of this weekend's games will also be available online at NBCSports.com.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Assuming he's had a good attitude throughout this...let him play! Here's the important parts of the Star Tribune article:

Notre Dame coach Jeff Jackson expects the No. 1 Gophers to carry plenty of momentum into South Bend. Jackson saw an offensively explosive team with a lot of speed in the Gophers' 6-1 victory over Boston College. He said his team will try to play with the Gophers instead of trying to slow the tempo of the game.

“They lost a lot of great players and brought in a lot more,” Jackson said about the young Gophers team. “[This series] will be about puck possession and transition. I feel like it will be an up-tempo game.”

Freshman forward Gabe Guertler will rejoin the Gophers this weekend at Notre Dame. Guertler was indefinitely suspended a month prior to the season after being arrested for a DWI (driving while impaired).

Lucia originally stated Guertler's status would be revisited in November and made the announcement of his return on Wednesday.

“We haven’t made a determination whether he will play this weekend, but he will be going on the trip,” Lucia said. “He’s gotta earn his way back, now.”

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

I told you guys that tDon would take this position of Guertler having to "earn his way back". If nothing else it was important for him to send a strong message, not just to him but to the whole team. Now I agree with mnstateOfhockey, that he's served his time and should be given the opportunity to play in at least one game this weekend, and see what he's got.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
    STrib noted that everyone is rested and healthy and that Guertler will at the very least be traveling with the team. No decision if he will play (but I'd be VERY surprised).

"He has to earn his way back now."
    -tDon
    How can he "earn" his way back if he isn't given a chance to play? From what I've heard, he's kept his nose clean and has busted his butt in practice. What more can he do?

He should play him one night IMO. The kid could have taken the easy out and bolted to the CHL. He didn't. He honored his commitment and stuck around and took his punishment. He's been punished enough IMO. Start working him in (maybe not both nights) and see what he can do. If he earns more time, then give it to him.
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GopherFan89
    replied

STrib noted that everyone is rested and healthy and that Guertler will at the very least be traveling with the team. No decision if he will play (but I'd be VERY surprised).

"He has to earn his way back now."
    -tDon

Leave a comment:

• GopherFan89
    replied

Who do you guys think are more out of their element. Notre Dame on big ice or the Gophers on NHL rinks?

Also will we see a repeat of last year? Obviously the Gophers lost a number of good players. Can a UND fan tell us how their squad has changed from last year's match? Does Lucia finally score a goal against his father's team?

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Yes.

I have no real interest in seeing the Gophers play Notre Dame. ND are a good team, but there are other good teams around. Meh. I'm looking forward to a good series between 2 good teams, but if I had my druthers there are certainly other teams I would prefer to see.

I also don't really care about the idea of "growing" college hockey. College hockey has been around for a long time and isn't going anywhere. Why "growth" is such a highly important thing is lost on me. In fact, a lot of the changes that I dislike over the past 10-15 year in college hockey can be at least partially attributed to "growth."

I get that I'm a minority with that viewpoint, but I also know I'm not alone.

I'm only 32 but sometimes I feel like such an old codger.
    LOL.

I am old enough to really hate Michigan and Michigan State when they were in the old WCHA. Many of us flipped out when they left for the CCHA kind of like we are taking our small balls and going home because we can't beat Minnesota and Wisconsin. The growth angle should be more about evolving. College hockey has always changed it might take a while but it's never the same.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

This is just yet another rivalry that can develop, which is pretty common right now. I'm sure I will be just as excited watching the game as I usually am during any other game no matter who the opponent. ND is quality competition, so why not schedule them? Wasn't that the idea about getting BC on the schedule? This is no different.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    One poster saying UM shouldn't play ND is a whirpool? I knew our opinions were powerful but dayum.
    That's why the rest of us hate/fear you. God save us from the wrath of the Rodentmen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X