X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goldy_331
    replied
    Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Just how the hell did ND get away with building a rink with home bench on the side with the penalty boxes and visitor's bench on the other side? I expect things like odd sizes and corners for home ice advantage, but that's ridiculous!

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    SOME long stretches of mediocrity? Until Jackson came along mediocrity was generally the measuring stick for good seasons around South Bend.
    Important thing is where your program is now, and that is in a very good place. Nice new arena, great coach, etc... Your team is pretty good too

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    I just think too much praise is being thrown at a Notre Dame program that has had some long stretches of mediocrity in it's history.
    SOME long stretches of mediocrity? Until Jackson came along mediocrity was generally the measuring stick for good seasons around South Bend.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

I organized my thoughts on the subject HERE
    Agreed

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    I suggest you move on...Ski-u-mah!
    Agreed

Leave a comment:

• Bertogliat
    replied

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Yeah, not really sure because my Comcrap internet usually sucks but it held up really really well for us at my house.
    I have Comcast and had no buffering. I watched the game on my iPhone4 using the NBCSports Love extra app. The picture was crystal clear. The production wasn't any good but the feed was perfectly fine.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied

I organized my thoughts on the subject HERE

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I think we agree on just about all points (that was me who you quote above). I will say though that even though Notre Dame does not have the longstanding hockey tradition they have been very good the past half-dozen or so years, including this one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were to again reach the Frozen Four, which would be the third time since '08. I agree that if they were to lose Jeff Jackson, or if the program were to go in the tank for some other reason, then they not be an attractive non-conference opponent. But I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I put a note in my post that while I was replying to your post, my reply wasn't directed towards you. Not sure why I quoted you to begin with, but I was too lazy to change after I figured that out

You're right, you and I agree on all accounts. Notre Dame has been a good program under Jasckson and a fun opponent to watch the Gophers play.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

I just don't get why Notre Dame's "national name recognition" should play any factor in whether we play them or not. Are people saying that if they got rid of Jeff Jackson and fell back into a period of mediocrity they would still be an attractive opponent?

I don't think the fact they are a nationally recognized opponent for football has any bearing on how attractive they are as an opponent for hockey.

Like someone said above as a reason why we shouldn't hold the fact they won't play us in football against them in hockey, "football has it's own traditions".

If our program is at the point where we need nationally recognized football schools as opponents to bring in hockey fans, our program is in Wisconsin territory trouble
    I think we agree on just about all points (that was me who you quote above). I will say though that even though Notre Dame does not have the longstanding hockey tradition they have been very good the past half-dozen or so years, including this one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were to again reach the Frozen Four, which would be the third time since '08. I agree that if they were to lose Jeff Jackson, or if the program were to go in the tank for some other reason, then they not be an attractive non-conference opponent. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Yeah, not sure what the issue was for me. Didn't any issues with BTN2Go. Glad at least some Gopher fans were able to watch without issues
    Yeah, not really sure because my Comcrap internet usually sucks but it held up really really well for us at my house.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Hmmm, that stinks. We had very few issues at my place with the steaming as far as buffering goes. The only complaint we had were the terrible camera angles and the lack of replays.
    Yeah, not sure what the issue was for me. Didn't any issues with BTN2Go. Glad at least some Gopher fans were able to watch without issues

Leave a comment:

• captain beefheart
    replied

Thanks to all for such quick and thoughtful responses. It is all so clear now Seriously, it is much clearer. I suggest you move on whilst still kind of agreeing before the barbs and hurt feelings creep in and threaten the foundation of that which is the the rock that is Gopher Hockey. Ski-u-mah!

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

It kept buffering for me, and I was missing long stretches of the game, so I turned it off. And I have a business class Internet connection and never have streaming issues. The camera angles were pretty lousy too, but I would have struggled thru that.
    Hmmm, that stinks. We had very few issues at my place with the steaming as far as buffering goes. The only complaint we had were the terrible camera angles and the lack of replays.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

If our program is at the point where we need nationally recognized football schools as opponents to bring in hockey fans, our program is in Wisconsin territory trouble
    Well to be fair, this is prime "dating" season for Bucky fans... so the Kohl Center just isn't an option right now.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Really? It wasn't perfect, but I'd rather watch some terrible camera angles than only listen on the radio.
    It kept buffering for me, and I was missing long stretches of the game, so I turned it off. And I have a business class Internet connection and never have streaming issues. The camera angles were pretty lousy too, but I would have struggled thru that.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

It was really bad. I turned it off after the first 10 minutes and listened to Wally and Frank.
    Really? It wasn't perfect, but I'd rather watch some terrible camera angles than only listen on the radio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X