• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiggsy
    replied
    Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    What Michigan-Notre Dame game is this referring to?
    The link I saw on this game indicated it was from 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post

@chrismpeters: RT @stevelepore Worth noting: the Michigan-Notre Dame college hockey game that followed Rovell drew 9 times as many viewers (74,000).

What Michigan-Notre Dame game is this referring to?

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied

No intention to re-hash any debate, I just found this interesting as a comparison for the numbers Slap Shot posted before.

@chrismpeters: RT @stevelepore Worth noting: the Michigan-Notre Dame college hockey game that followed Rovell drew 9 times as many viewers (74,000).

@stevelepore: Minnesota-Notre Dame hockey on NBCSN drew the same number of viewers (182,000) as FS1s debut Big East basketball broadcast of Providence-BC.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Of course, I didn't say it was a bad idea. There are other teams I'd rather play is all. How could any hockey game be a bad idea?
    I guess we could have scheduled Alabama-Huntsville for the next four years.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Of course, I didn't say it was a bad idea. There are other teams I'd rather play is all. How could any hockey game be a bad idea?
    I enjoyed seeing them play at Notre Dame as they handn't played there in 30 some years, there were some good story lines, and it matched up two very good teams. That said, I completely understood what you were saying and respect your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    From a non ND/MN supporter, I streamed the radio broadcast from ND to hear what was going on in South Bend after my team's game...never done that before but I has interest in the two strong programs facing off
    Absolutely. It was a good series.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Dubbie/msoh - I'm not one to judge or give advice too freely, but most of your posts in this thread (and others lately) would go better with your other persona/sign on.

You were doing a great job of keeping the two mostly separate, but the strain is starting to show and the Dubbie is starting to overwhelm msoh. It's almost like being able to see into the womb as one fetus consumes its twin

This causes concern as we're not sure what would happen if this continues unchecked. Would msoh simply cease to exist?

Or... would the two combine sorta like the crossing of the streams in Ghostbusters to where there'd be something like a rip in the fabric of the time space continuum and we'd end up with a hybrid Gopher Hockey Fan Super Dork-Nerd D-bag of Epic Proportions?

I'll admit, that prospect gives me the runs a bit.

I have an idea that might help. Sign on as Dubbie and go troll an eastern team's thread - if I were choosing for you, I'd say BC. They already hate you (well the Dubbie part) and most of us in these parts won't even know you're doing it. Plus Dubbie's so red that he's essentially bulletproof at this point.

Anyway, by doing this, you'll get the release that the d-bag side of you clearly needs and you'll be able to protect the less d-bag side (I didn't say d-bag free side) from succumbing to total Dubbnation.

Hope that helps. I care, I really do. If I didn't care, this battle of personalities wouldn't be so hard to watch.

Also... don't cross the streams. For the love or Herb...
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-16-2013, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Don't think 5M said it was a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    On the contrary, I explicitly said I don't have any problem with them playing Notre dame. Just shows how poorly you read the discussion

And I disagree, it's his opinion (hence prefixing his post with "I have no need") that he prefer we not play them. Never did he say it was a bad idea. You inferred that from his comments. You posted a tweet about the ratings for the game as if people were debating whether or not the matchup would draw interest. That wasn't even being disputed. By ANYONE. Read his follow up remarks, take the time to understand his opinion, and don't be so quick to judge.

I'm fine with letting it go, but don't misrepresent what I said.
    From a non ND/MN supporter, I streamed the radio broadcast from ND to hear what was going on in South Bend after my team's game...never done that before but I has interest in the two strong programs facing off

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Every part of his comments you paraphrased is him saying its a bad idea, and he wasn't the only one to suggest it including yourself. No big deal, it is what is and it's ok to let it go.
    On the contrary, I explicitly said I don't have any problem with them playing Notre dame. Just shows how poorly you read the discussion

As for whether or not we should have scheduled so many games against Notre Dame in such a small span of time (consider we hadn’t played at Notre Dame in 30 years before this past weekend), I don’t see too many issues with it. Notre Dame has become a good program under Jeff Jackson, and playing strong teams in the regular season can help prepare your team for the post-season. Coach Lucia is an alum of Notre Dame, and his son plays for the team.

I don’t see any problem with coach Lucia getting them on the schedule. It was neat seeing the Gophers play at Notre Dame, the bad television coverage aside, and I hope to see the Gophers play in other rinks I haven’t seen them play in before in the near future.

And I disagree, it's his opinion (hence prefixing his post with "I have no need") that he prefer we not play them. Never did he say it was a bad idea. You inferred that from his comments. You posted a tweet about the ratings for the game as if people were debating whether or not the matchup would draw interest. That wasn't even being disputed. By ANYONE. Read his follow up remarks, take the time to understand his opinion, and don't be so quick to judge.

I'm fine with letting it go, but don't misrepresent what I said.
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-16-2013, 03:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Don't think 5M said it was a bad idea, he just said he'd prefer not to put them on the schedule. Nothing incorrect about his post. They did snub the Big Ten in other sports and Jackson had targeted Minnesota heavy for recruiting. It's his opinion that Notre Dame shouldn't be on the schedule so much because of it.
    Every part of his comments you paraphrased is him saying its a bad idea, and he wasn't the only one to suggest it including yourself. No big deal, it is what is and it's ok to let it go.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    How you feel about it doesn't matter to the only point I rebutted, which in fact was that it was a bad idea. I've never said I don't want to see other teams on the schedule.
    To be fair, nobody said it would be a bad idea. A few people just said they'd prefer not to play Notre Dame.

I'll be honest, I have no need for us to play Notre Dame. Jackson has touted a big strategy to focus on Minnesota. But overall the school has made its decision to look east...I see no need to give them a great relationship with our state as well. And in a rare side note, we won't even have our Saturday game televised because of the series.
    Don't think 5M said it was a bad idea, he just said he'd prefer not to put them on the schedule. Nothing incorrect about his post. They did snub the Big Ten in other sports and Jackson had targeted Minnesota heavy for recruiting. It's his opinion that Notre Dame shouldn't be on the schedule so much because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Why would that make me any more excited about seeing MN play ND?

I don't think there were many people saying it was a bad idea, just that it wasn't a team they'd prefer to see on the schedule as often as they are in this 4 year stretch. The number of people who watched the game doesn't make me feel any different.
    How you feel about it doesn't matter to the only point I rebutted, which in fact was that it was a bad idea. I've never said I don't want to see other teams on the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Such a terrible idea to play Notre Dame:

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 1h
    Minnesota-Notre Dame last Friday drew 182,000 viewers on NBCSN, drawing more viewers than two of NBCSN's three NHL broadcasts last week.

https://twitter.com/stevelepore/stat...17343424675841

Why would that make me any more excited about seeing MN play ND?

I don't think there were many people saying it was a bad idea, just that it wasn't a team they'd prefer to see on the schedule as often as they are in this 4 year stretch. The number of people who watched the game doesn't make me feel any different.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Won't work as tonight everyone is watching Bucky vs. Miami on CBS Sports.
    Doubtful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X