Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    While I'm not surprised that you have friends in Waupun or that we have imprisoned gopherfans in the State Correctional Facility there, I am a little disturbed by the notion that we are forcing inmates to watch Gopher hockey as it clearly constitutes a violation of the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. Rest assured I shall be writing a letter to the warden post-haste on behalf of your friends!
    You need paint thinner... a lot more paint thinner.
    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
      You need paint thinner... a lot more paint thinner.
      True, there's never enough, but regardless this kind of treatment must be stopped. It's INHUMANE.

Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

This thread could just morph into the "Minnesota vs Bucky 11/29 & 11/30" thread.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

This thread could just morph into the "Minnesota vs Bucky 11/29 & 11/30" thread.
          That's what I was thinking too
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Such a terrible idea to play Notre Dame:

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 1h
            Minnesota-Notre Dame last Friday drew 182,000 viewers on NBCSN, drawing more viewers than two of NBCSN's three NHL broadcasts last week.

https://***********/stevelepore/status/401417343424675841

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Minnesota-Notre Dame last Friday drew 182,000 viewers on NBCSN, drawing more viewers than two of NBCSN's three NHL broadcasts last week.

Good to hear. Anyone know what numbers BC at MN drew that Friday night? Pretty sure that drew pretty well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I see they're back on NBCSN this evening, vs. Merrimack.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I see they're back on NBCSN this evening, vs. Merrimack.
                  We'll see how well that draws as a comparison. Pretty sure I heard the MN vs BC Friday night game had pretty big numbers too. Certainly agree with Slap Shot's point though, that there certainly was interest in the games last weekend. Numbers don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    We'll see how well that draws as a comparison. .

Won't work as tonight everyone is watching Bucky vs. Miami on CBS Sports.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Won't work as tonight everyone is watching Bucky vs. Miami on CBS Sports.
                      Doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Why would that make me any more excited about seeing MN play ND?

I don't think there were many people saying it was a bad idea, just that it wasn't a team they'd prefer to see on the schedule as often as they are in this 4 year stretch. The number of people who watched the game doesn't make me feel any different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          Why would that make me any more excited about seeing MN play ND?

I don't think there were many people saying it was a bad idea, just that it wasn't a team they'd prefer to see on the schedule as often as they are in this 4 year stretch. The number of people who watched the game doesn't make me feel any different.
                          How you feel about it doesn't matter to the only point I rebutted, which in fact was that it was a bad idea. I've never said I don't want to see other teams on the schedule.

Comment

How you feel about it doesn't matter to the only point I rebutted, which in fact was that it was a bad idea. I've never said I don't want to see other teams on the schedule.
                            To be fair, nobody said it would be a bad idea. A few people just said they'd prefer not to play Notre Dame.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            I'll be honest, I have no need for us to play Notre Dame. Jackson has touted a big strategy to focus on Minnesota. But overall the school has made its decision to look east...I see no need to give them a great relationship with our state as well. And in a rare side note, we won't even have our Saturday game televised because of the series.
                            Don't think 5M said it was a bad idea, he just said he'd prefer not to put them on the schedule. Nothing incorrect about his post. They did snub the Big Ten in other sports and Jackson had targeted Minnesota heavy for recruiting. It's his opinion that Notre Dame shouldn't be on the schedule so much because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              Don't think 5M said it was a bad idea, he just said he'd prefer not to put them on the schedule. Nothing incorrect about his post. They did snub the Big Ten in other sports and Jackson had targeted Minnesota heavy for recruiting. It's his opinion that Notre Dame shouldn't be on the schedule so much because of it.
                              Every part of his comments you paraphrased is him saying its a bad idea, and he wasn't the only one to suggest it including yourself. No big deal, it is what is and it's ok to let it go.

Comment

Every part of his comments you paraphrased is him saying its a bad idea, and he wasn't the only one to suggest it including yourself. No big deal, it is what is and it's ok to let it go.
                                On the contrary, I explicitly said I don't have any problem with them playing Notre dame. Just shows how poorly you read the discussion

As for whether or not we should have scheduled so many games against Notre Dame in such a small span of time (consider we hadn’t played at Notre Dame in 30 years before this past weekend), I don’t see too many issues with it. Notre Dame has become a good program under Jeff Jackson, and playing strong teams in the regular season can help prepare your team for the post-season. Coach Lucia is an alum of Notre Dame, and his son plays for the team.

I don’t see any problem with coach Lucia getting them on the schedule. It was neat seeing the Gophers play at Notre Dame, the bad television coverage aside, and I hope to see the Gophers play in other rinks I haven’t seen them play in before in the near future.

And I disagree, it's his opinion (hence prefixing his post with "I have no need") that he prefer we not play them. Never did he say it was a bad idea. You inferred that from his comments. You posted a tweet about the ratings for the game as if people were debating whether or not the matchup would draw interest. That wasn't even being disputed. By ANYONE. Read his follow up remarks, take the time to understand his opinion, and don't be so quick to judge.

I'm fine with letting it go, but don't misrepresent what I said.
                                Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-16-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X