Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    You guys are pretty fond of this tack lately but I don't think you have any idea what you're on about. You're comparing being the only premier winter college sport in a population of 3.5 million to being one of two premier winter college sports in an urban area of 320,000. UW Bouncyball leads the B1G in attendance and is seventh in the nation drawing 5k more a night then gofers bb. Hockey is competing for consumer dollars against that in a market that is less than 1/10 the size of the twin cities. Sure, attendance is down from our 30+ years of being #1 in college hockey, but it's not so simple as people want to make it out to be. Look at attendance per capita and your program isn't even in the same stratosphere as UW or UND.
    Sooooo the Cities also have the Wild, Vikings, Wolves, and Gopher Bball in the winter. The arena is only 20 years old and still amazing for hockey. Look at the supply and demand for Gopher hockey tickets. Look how much they can charge (and the profit the program generates) vs. how much uw charges (and disguises patrons in the upper level as seats). Plus the TV coverage which embarrasses basically every other agreement. Student turnout for the badger game didn't look too great, either, from the pic I saw recently...

Comment

You guys do realize that if every person in the Madison Urban Area (not just Madison but the surrounding 4 counties) and every person in the city of Milwaukee armed themselves and suddenly rushed across the border tonight, each murdering one Twin Cities resident before returning home, happy as larks having done a great service to the world, there would still be something like 2.7 MILLION of you goofballs left to buy gofer tickets? This never seems to gain any traction in this conversation. I mean they have math at the U, right?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

-YAWN-

Literally... I just yawned.

Wisko - winning a "debate" with Dubbie here won't make him any less of a d-bag. Best to let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          You guys do realize that if every person in the Madison Urban Area (not just Madison but the surrounding 4 counties) and every person in the city of Milwaukee armed themselves and suddenly rushed across the border tonight, each murdering one Twin Cities resident before returning home, happy as larks having done a great service to the world, there would still be something like 2.7 MILLION of you goofballs left to buy gofer tickets? This never seems to gain any traction in this conversation. I mean they have math at the U, right?
          No math needed. You have ONE division one hockey program in-state and a state population larger than ours. Even if we discount the fact that you clowns will travel to the ends of the Earth to watch the Packers or your Badger football team play, your theory fails because your lack of television coverage alone signals the lack of demand for Badger hockey.

I think Gurt said it best....

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          There aren't as many UW hockey fans out there as some of you think.
          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-14-2013, 06:27 PM.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Menard's would run out of paint thinner after about the first 20, so every one else would have to go home until Menards restocked some more.
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Honest question...

Can one be banned for having multiple sign ons?

Comment

You guys do realize that if every person in the Madison Urban Area (not just Madison but the surrounding 4 counties) and every person in the city of Milwaukee armed themselves and suddenly rushed across the border tonight, each murdering one Twin Cities resident before returning home

After some debate, historians eventually decided on the impetus for the attack, and named it "The Kessel War"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Honest question...

Relax. It's good natured trash talk. I've heard Mariucci referred to as a morgue on more than one occasion. I don't lose sleep over it. If you don't want trash dealt out, why come here looking for it? Besides, they were your words, not mine.
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    Relax. It's good natured trash talk. I've heard Mariucci referred to as a morgue on more than one occasion. I don't lose sleep over it. If you don't want trash dealt out, why come here looking for it? Besides, they were your words, not mine.

Dubbie, Dubbie, Dubbie...

I wouldn't want you banned because you quoted me thinking it was some kind of gotcha moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Honest question...

Pretty sure that he has one for each personality.
                      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Intersting how the trash talk has picked up here. I bet the MN/WI series here will have loads of bucky fans streaming across the border for the game just so they can remember what banners look like.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Now to get someone to take the other side...why is Notre Dame so special to get rabid defense from posters supporting 8 games in 4 years?
                          I don't think anyone was de facto arguing in favor of 8 games in 4 years. Of all the teams you named I don't see any inherent advantages to the Gophers to replace them on the schedule, which was the counter argument being made. I am all in favor of spreading around the schedule for what it's worth but see very little harm in the future sets with ND.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-14-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            I mean they have math at the U, right?
                            Try this math:

Given the reach of televised Gopher hockey games into Wisconsin (my Waupon friends watch almost every game), the lack of televised Badger hockey games combined with dwindling Kohl Center attendance figures, and it's quite probable that, on many weekends, more Wisconsin residents are watching Gopher hockey rather than the Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by slap shot View Post
                              still haven't heard who the gophers should have scheduled in place of nd that would provide a better pro vs con result. Perhaps think about the supposed cons thrown around with nd before answering.
                              und

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                                Try this math:

Given the reach of televised Gopher hockey games into Wisconsin (my Waupon friends watch almost every game), the lack of televised Badger hockey games combined with dwindling Kohl Center attendance figures, and it's quite probable that, on many weekends, more Wisconsin residents are watching Gopher hockey rather than the Badgers.

While I'm not surprised that you have friends in Waupun or that we have imprisoned gopherfans in the State Correctional Facility there, I am a little disturbed by the notion that we are forcing inmates to watch Gopher hockey as it clearly constitutes a violation of the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. Rest assured I shall be writing a letter to the warden post-haste on behalf of your friends!
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X