Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    Umm, no, Jackson is from Michigan. Suburban Detroiter.
    My bad if wrong, but I thought he was from Roseville, MN.

EDIT: You're right. He's from Roseville, MI. I heard Roseville and assumed it was MN. My bad
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I'm not sure what that means... Of course he is.

I mean I sometimes read what you guys say and my understanding is that everybody in hockey is from Minnesota.
      Everyone worth caring about is

Maybe if you guys out in Madison start calling hockey "football on ice" you'll fill that arena of yours again

Comment

• Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        I'm not sure what that means... Of course he is.

I mean I sometimes read what you guys say and my understanding is that everybody in hockey is from Minnesota.
        No. Pretty much everybody that has coached Wisconsin is from Minnesota. But we can understand your confusion about hockey, being a Badger fan and all...
        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          My bad if wrong, but I thought he was from Roseville, MN.

EDIT: You're right. He's from Roseville, MI. I heard Roseville and assumed it was MN. My bad
          I actually thought I heard the same thing on the Friday night broadcast, they were talking about all the Minnesotans on both teams then mentioned Jackson and Roseville MN.

At least that is what I thought I had heard.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            I actually thought I heard the same thing on the Friday night broadcast, they were talking about all the Minnesotans on both teams then mentioned Jackson and Roseville MN.

That's exactly what I heard too.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

I also heard the broadcasters say he was from Minnesota. It surprised me because I had never heard that before. Now I know why I had never heard it before.

This'll teach us to not listen to anything a non-Minnesota broadcaster says.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I also heard the broadcasters say he was from Minnesota. It surprised me because I had never heard that before. Now I know why I had never heard it before.

This'll teach us to not listen to anything a non-Minnesota broadcaster says.
                This is why the sound is down and I listen to Wally on nights we are treated to B1G broadcasts.
                "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

• Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                  This is why the sound is down and I listen to Wally on nights we are treated to B1G broadcasts.
                  Not a bad idea. Isn't there a software app out there that aids in synching a radio broadcast with TV broadcast?

Comment

Some Gopher fans have expressed their displeasure with Notre Dame's refusal to visit Minnesota for football and their spurn of the Big Ten...
                    I have a hard time believing beyond a handful of dopes actually made that argument, and those that did should be banned from entering Mariucci.

Oh, and if the argument against playing ND is that they, "get more from it than UM does" (a sophomoric concept to begin with) who should they instead schedule that they haven't already in which the pros/cons are more equitable to both sides?
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-12-2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I have a hard time believing beyond a handful of dopes actually made that argument, and those that did should be banned from entering Mariucci.
                      Perhaps they don't realize that Minnesota is actually doing better in the latest football poll, as the Irish are down to just 2 votes compared to our 60!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls?poll=1

Oh, and if the argument against playing ND is that they, "get more from it than UM does" (a sophomoric concept to begin with) who should they instead schedule that they haven't already in which the pros/cons are more equitable to both sides?
                      The Wild?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I don't believe I ever argued that we shouldn't play Notre Dame. In fact, I believe I said quite the opposite.

Quote From What I Wrote:

I don’t see any problem with coach Lucia getting them on the schedule. It was neat seeing the Gophers play at Notre Dame, the bad television coverage aside, and I hope to see the Gophers play in other rinks I haven’t seen them play in before in the near future.

I won't respond for others who feel differently. And a few people in this thread did say they feel differently.

And I don't agree that they should be "banned from Mariucci". Should you for your opinions? What is "sophomoric" is talking down to others who don't share your opinions. Same team man

What I do think is a load of crap is the suggestion that Notre Dame's "national brand" helps us in any form or fashion.

My Complete Thoughts On Subject
                        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-12-2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Oh, and if the argument against playing ND is that they, "get more from it than UM does" (a sophomoric concept to begin with)

Sophomoric? Heck on this side of the river we've got Freshmen that understand it doesn't matter one shred what the flashy helmets get out of it.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Sophomoric? Heck on this side of the river we've got Freshmen that understand it doesn't matter one shred what the flashy helmets get out of it.
                            That's because the flashy helmets don't get much out of playing the team on your side of the river (especially from a recruiting standpoint)

Comment

That's because the flashy helmets don't get much out of playing the team on your side of the river (especially from a recruiting standpoint)
                              Outside of Lucia, I'm not too sure what they're getting on your side. A part timer and a role player on the team... I think they signed 2 kids out of Edina, but I thought one was a NTDP guy and the other played for Muskegon? That could be totally wrong... Anyway pretty much all the rest of their recruits actually do come from our side of the river.

Besides, who cares if they recruit in Minnesota? The day 'everybody else' comes into Minnesota and takes kids away from the U that tDon really wants, the problem won't be what 'everybody else' is doing.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Outside of Lucia, I'm not too sure what they're getting on your side. A part timer and a role player on the team... I think they signed 2 kids out of Edina, but I thought one was a NTDP guy and the other played for Muskegon? That could be totally wrong... Anyway pretty much all the rest of their recruits actually do come from our side of the river.

Besides, who cares if they recruit in Minnesota? The day 'everybody else' comes into Minnesota and takes kids away from the U that tDon really wants, the problem won't be what 'everybody else' is doing.
                                Anders Lee, Steven Fogarty, Connor Hurley, Dlyan Malmquist, Mario Lucia.... I need not go on, though I certainly could.

I don't think anyone is losing any sleep over it, but it's not like people should be happy top recruits are being snagged out of our back yard. And it's not like this type of reaction is unique to our fan base. I seem to remember a certain Wisconsin player who played for the Gophers who got plenty of boos when he played in Madison. I don't remember Gopher fans booing any Minnesota kids who came back to play in Mariucci for a different team (like the countless that have played for yours).
                                Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 11-12-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X