Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Gabe "should do" what he earns and I trust tDon will make the right call and put him in at the right time. I assume that's this weekend since he made the trek, but if he doesn't play there's zero reason to find fault.
    Not arguing that. I just don't understand how he can "earn" his way back when he's not playing. What's he been doing? Either he has served his suspension or he hasn't. If he still needs to "earn" Don's trust in regards to his behavior off the ice, that's one thing. But it sounded to me like Don was referring to earning his spot in the lineup from a playing standpoint. He needs to play at some point to do that. Rotate him in like he has with the other freshmen and see what he can do. If he doesn't earn more ice, that's on him.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

imho Lucia clearly never meant he could "earn" his way back into the lineup on the ice in a game or he'd never play again. He had to earn his way back in practice and by staying clean in the classroom (which I'm not saying was an issue, just saying that needed to not be an issue). Again I would suspect he plays this weekend unless Lucia simply wanted to give him the experience of traveling with the team, building camaraderie and seeing up close what he's missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        imho Lucia clearly never meant he could "earn" his way back into the lineup on the ice in a game or he'd never play again. He had to earn his way back in practice and by staying clean in the classroom (which I'm not saying was an issue, just saying that needed to not be an issue). Again I would suspect he plays this weekend unless Lucia simply wanted to give him the experience of traveling with the team, building camaraderie and seeing up close what he's missing.
        Fair enough.

Comment

SS is correct and we know Lucia's got it well under control as he has experience and knowledge we don't.

Yet, I think the fans do want to see what Gabe's got.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          The moment we see "Minnesota" in the title of any thread on USCHO, the rest of us stay away. You guys seem to be having fun without us...
          You may be right. This thread has more posts than any other series this weekend.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...like bye learned last week.
          Last edited by 5mn_Major; 11-07-2013, 10:13 PM.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

All I know is the Gophers are again on the front page of USCHO and all others can suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
              You guys aren't exactly hiding this image, but since the mythical Notre Dame fans probably don't read GPL, I thought I'd share this here...

I think it's wrong of me to notice that his belt is undone. What was he doing just before this picture was taken? That or he hasn't made it up to the 200-level courses at Notre Dame yet. He might still be in Philosophy of shoes: Is there really a wrong foot?
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                The moment we see "Minnesota" in the title of any thread on USCHO, the rest of us stay away. You guys seem to be having fun without us...
                That's OK, we can depend on the JBSU fans to come in and comment. After all, they're obsessed.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  Fair enough.
                  To echo Slap Shot's point, I was going to mention that Gabe must be having to earn his spot in practice. I would assume he's not just sitting off to the side watching the other guys practice.

I don't know a whole lot about the guy because I don't follow the recruits really at all. If he is as good as you boys say he is, then I'm excited to see him play!
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
                    Now that the Gophers are out of the WCHA I have a feeling these series thread are always going to be 5 pages og Gophers fans talking to themselves. I guess last week there were 2 or 3 BC fans.

Are there any Notre Dame Fans?

Bueller?
                    It seems Jan is sneaking around in here, too.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Here is my Gophers vs Notre Dame Series Preview

Comment

Thanks. I think a split is likely...although I'll never admit it in public.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Appreciate your work!

I actually hope they face a little adversity this weekend on the road. Bemidji was **** near a "home" game as Lucia noted in the USCHO B1G write up this week. The Gophers were resilient after giving up those three quick goals against BC in the Friday game, but that was with the home crowd behind them. A little adversity with the road crowd against them could build a little early season character(even though I expect Gopher fans to represent well in South Bend).
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Thanks. I think a split is likely...although I'll never admit it in public.
                            Me too. Going to be good test.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              Appreciate your work!

I actually hope they face a little adversity this weekend on the road. Bemidji was **** near a "home" game as Lucia noted in the USCHO B1G write up this week. The Gophers were resilient after giving up those three quick goals against BC in the Friday game, but that was with the home crowd behind them. A little adversity with the road crowd against them could build a little early season character(even though I expect Gopher fans to represent well in South Bend).
                              Thank you. I agree, a little adversity would be good in long run.

Comment

Screw adversity, let's sweep the golden domers.

Comment

Working...
                                X