Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Nicely done. Provincial Jack*** Post of the Month.
    I don't hate them, I just see no need as they are focused on the east and can't get us televised. In hockey in my state, ND's brand is no better than a dozen other schools. Not sure why that's hard to understand...
    Go Gophers!

Comment

I really like the idea of having Notre Dame on the non-conference schedule. They're a quality program, have huge name recognition and the travel distance is manageable. But most importantly for me, it's BRAGGING RIGHTS, as I have a lot of family who are Irish grads, including a brother who played hockey there. So...............the Gophers better win!
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Should be a good series. It will tell if the Gophers are really worthy of the #1 ranking.

Comment

This is a big series for Notre Dame. Anytime #1 comes into your building the Irish will be pumped. I see a split. Notre Dame wins 5-4 on Friday and Minnesota wins 6-3 on Saturday.

Comment

Does Notre Dame play markedly better at home rather than away?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Didn't see a thread yet so here goes....

Minnesota is coming off of a tough weekend against Bye.

Notre Dame is coming off of a split against Vermont.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Begin.....
              Not sure I'd call the Gophers having a tough weekend against Bye. It's almost like the other team didn't even show up, so that's usually a sign of dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                I don't hate them, I just see no need as they are focused on the east and can't get us televised. In hockey in my state, ND's brand is no better than a dozen other schools. Not sure why that's hard to understand...
                Are you being facetious? Their NC schedule includes games against WMU, MTU, UMD, LSSU and UM - pretty western focused. Also the Gophers are already playing the teams, "in your state". Who else exactly should they play (that they aren't already) that meets your standards that ND does not?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Are you being facetious? Their NC schedule includes games against WMU, MTU, UMD, LSSU and UM - pretty western focused. Also the Gophers are already playing the teams, "in your state". Who else exactly should they play (that they aren't already) that meets your standards that ND does not?
                  Agreed. ND is a name school (sort of even in hockey! I KNOW!), plus they are kinda good. Rather would play them than the wreck that is DU right now.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I feel like I should at least pretend to be an Irish fan since this has become an whirlpool of tArrogance.

Nevermind.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      I feel like I should at least pretend to be an Irish fan since this has become an whirlpool of tArrogance.
                      One poster saying UM shouldn't play ND is a whirpool? I knew our opinions were powerful but dayum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Not sure I'd call the Gophers having a tough weekend against Bye. It's almost like the other team didn't even show up, so that's usually a sign of dominance.
                        Did not mean to copy tiggsy post...just wondering if there is any news on Guertler, I know he was suspended. He is a solid player, when do you guys think we will see him suit up?

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
                          Did not mean to copy tiggsy post...just wondering if there is any news on Guertler, I know he was suspended. He is a solid player, when do you guys think we will see him suit up?
                          My guess, 7 o'clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            As you asked SS, here's my point of view. After being a Goph hockey fan, I'm a B1G athletic conference fan. Notre Dame was welcomed into the B1G but decided it would rather play eastern schools and just this year joined the ACC. For me, that means something. Likewise, I have yet to see Notre Dame on our football schedule (we do see them on the rink because they want to recruit our kids per Jackson). Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

It's no big thing, but I have no need to play them.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              As you asked SS, here's my point of view. After being a Goph hockey fan, I'm a B1G athletic conference fan. Notre Dame was welcomed into the B1G but decided it would rather play eastern schools and just this year joined the ACC. For me, that means something. Likewise, I have yet to see Notre Dame on our football schedule (we do see them on the rink because they want to recruit our kids per Jackson). Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

It's no big thing, but I have no need to play them.
                              Underlined is where the disagreement starts for college hockey, even though we have to accept it.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Underlined is where the disagreement starts for college hockey, even though we have to accept it.
                                My thinking is based on the Big Ten conference overall. The formation of a BTHC does not enter into my thought process on this issue. But of course, the old WCHA was awesome.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X