• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyeagle
    replied
    Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
    Now that the Gophers are out of the WCHA I have a feeling these series thread are always going to be 5 pages og Gophers fans talking to themselves. I guess last week there were 2 or 3 BC fans.

Are there any Notre Dame Fans?

Bueller?
    It seems Jan is sneaking around in here, too.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Fair enough.
    To echo Slap Shot's point, I was going to mention that Gabe must be having to earn his spot in practice. I would assume he's not just sitting off to the side watching the other guys practice.

I don't know a whole lot about the guy because I don't follow the recruits really at all. If he is as good as you boys say he is, then I'm excited to see him play!

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    The moment we see "Minnesota" in the title of any thread on USCHO, the rest of us stay away. You guys seem to be having fun without us...
    That's OK, we can depend on the JBSU fans to come in and comment. After all, they're obsessed.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    You guys aren't exactly hiding this image, but since the mythical Notre Dame fans probably don't read GPL, I thought I'd share this here...

I think it's wrong of me to notice that his belt is undone. What was he doing just before this picture was taken? That or he hasn't made it up to the 200-level courses at Notre Dame yet. He might still be in Philosophy of shoes: Is there really a wrong foot?

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

All I know is the Gophers are again on the front page of USCHO and all others can suck it.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

SS is correct and we know Lucia's got it well under control as he has experience and knowledge we don't.

Yet, I think the fans do want to see what Gabe's got.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    The moment we see "Minnesota" in the title of any thread on USCHO, the rest of us stay away. You guys seem to be having fun without us...
    You may be right. This thread has more posts than any other series this weekend.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...like bye learned last week.
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 11-07-2013, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    imho Lucia clearly never meant he could "earn" his way back into the lineup on the ice in a game or he'd never play again. He had to earn his way back in practice and by staying clean in the classroom (which I'm not saying was an issue, just saying that needed to not be an issue). Again I would suspect he plays this weekend unless Lucia simply wanted to give him the experience of traveling with the team, building camaraderie and seeing up close what he's missing.
    Fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

imho Lucia clearly never meant he could "earn" his way back into the lineup on the ice in a game or he'd never play again. He had to earn his way back in practice and by staying clean in the classroom (which I'm not saying was an issue, just saying that needed to not be an issue). Again I would suspect he plays this weekend unless Lucia simply wanted to give him the experience of traveling with the team, building camaraderie and seeing up close what he's missing.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Gabe "should do" what he earns and I trust tDon will make the right call and put him in at the right time. I assume that's this weekend since he made the trek, but if he doesn't play there's zero reason to find fault.
    Not arguing that. I just don't understand how he can "earn" his way back when he's not playing. What's he been doing? Either he has served his suspension or he hasn't. If he still needs to "earn" Don's trust in regards to his behavior off the ice, that's one thing. But it sounded to me like Don was referring to earning his spot in the lineup from a playing standpoint. He needs to play at some point to do that. Rotate him in like he has with the other freshmen and see what he can do. If he doesn't earn more ice, that's on him.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    How can he "earn" his way back if he isn't given a chance to play? From what I've heard, he's kept his nose clean and has busted his butt in practice. What more can he do?

He should play him one night IMO. The kid could have taken the easy out and bolted to the CHL. He didn't. He honored his commitment and stuck around and took his punishment. He's been punished enough IMO. Start working him in (maybe not both nights) and see what he can do. If he earns more time, then give it to him.
    Gabe "should do" what he earns and I trust tDon will make the right call and put him in at the right time. I assume that's this weekend since he made the trek, but if he doesn't play there's zero reason to find fault.

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    Like this?

Now that's funny.

The new St Cloud State alternate?

Leave a comment:

• The Exiled One
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    If he was wearing a Jan Brady jersey that would be different, that would be pretty embarrassing.
    Like this?

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Why should we hide that image?

A dad and mom proud of their son, nothing really to see here.

If he was wearing a Jan Brady jersey that would be different, that would be pretty embarrassing.
    And it is tDon's alma mater, so I guess it shows twice the amount of stupidity on the part of some of your fans for getting their panties in a twist over it last year.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Why should we hide that image?

A dad and mom proud of their son, nothing really to see here.

Leave a comment:

• The Exiled One
    replied

You guys aren't exactly hiding this image, but since the mythical Notre Dame fans probably don't read GPL, I thought I'd share this here...

Last edited by The Exiled One; 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM. Reason: formatting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X