• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koho
    replied
    Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Nice to have a 3-2 lead after one, but it should be 3-1. Didn't see who turned the puck over just inside the blue line which led to Notre Dame's late goal, but it was a real gift. Overall we have a lot more jump than we did last night, which is nice to see.
    He was tripped at the blue line. On the third goal, I just saw a Gopher go down which set up the break out for ND, and the announcer said that could have been a trip too. Still shouldn't matter though if the Gophs wouldn't be taking the stupid penalties.........They are getting the adversity that a poster asked for. 1. Play like crap on friday against a very good team, you will lose. 2. take stupid penalties against a very good team and they may win. Hopefully, lesson learned...

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

And people were complaining about camera angle last night - tonight you can't even see what is happening because they spend half the time with shots from behind the glass.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Our freshmen are showing way more composure than our upper classmen.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

And people were complaining about camera angle last night - tonight you can't even see what is happening because they spend half the time with shots from behind the glass.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Nice to have a 3-2 lead after one, but it should be 3-1. Didn't see who turned the puck over just inside the blue line which led to Notre Dame's late goal, but it was a real gift. Overall we have a lot more jump than we did last night, which is nice to see.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I would add: Irish were very good. Quite impressed with how well ND disrupted the Gophers' game. Gave the Gophs no room and took quick advantage of Gopher mistakes. I could see the Irish making it to Philly.
    The Irish D played well, but the Gophs also played poorly. How many missed passed were there, or guys unable to catch a good pass at center ice when they weren't even pressured? I give ND credit for playing a good game, but if the Gophs had been clicking, the ND D wouldn't have looked quite as good.
    Last edited by Koho; 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Never mind - found it.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/#live-events

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Anyone have that streaming link handy?

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Also, anyone else feel like Jackson really hammered home the scouting report on Wilcox this week in practice? 2 goals through the 5-hole and a number of others that they tried to slip in there over the course of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Also, it's Veah-nek (think "yeah"), not Vah-nek.
    To get technical, Vah-nek is closer to how it would be pronounced in Austria...

A bit of a frustrating game last night. Gophers were having a really hard time finding space to move into off the puck. The width of the rink might have had a little to do with that, but Notre Dame did a great job with defensive positioning and awareness. It led to a lot of forced passes and unclean touches; probably the worst the Gopher passing game has looked so far this season.

Clearly special teams were the difference in the game. 5-on-5 it was a 1-1 game. I think we all knew that if MN didn't get the pk/pp sorted out it was only a matter of time until it cost them.

It's going to be another tough one tonight. I think Notre Dame is built in a way that will be tough for the Gophers. ND did a great job of taking the transition game away from MN, and there wasn't much else going for the Gophers. MN will need to get a solid forecheck going and try to get a bit more time in the offensive zone I think, but those are two areas that seem to be going against the grain for them in terms of strengths.

Hopefully special teams will be better tonight. If the Gophers lose that part of the game 2-0 again it will be extremely difficult for them to win.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    AND FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN' TIME, IT'S "loo-CHEE-ya," NOT "LOO-cheeya."
    Also, it's Veah-nek (think "yeah"), not Vah-nek.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

First off, congrats to ND on a solid win.

Camera angle: blame the arena, not the network. Arenas dictate the camera angles sometimes, guys.
    Announcers: the PBP guy was good, the color guy was HORRIBLE. Putrid. Kept repeating stuff over and over.

AND FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN' TIME, IT'S "loo-CHEE-ya," NOT "LOO-cheeya."

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by SHANK View Post
    There are a few of us. Nice win by the Irish last night. Felt ND took control in 2nd period through remainder of the game. I was in attendance and there were a large number of Minnesoate fans. Looking forward to tonight and the next 3-4 years of playing a program with such a historical significance in college hockey.
    You've got a nice team, and what looks like a beautiful new arena. Congrats on a big win. Your guys shut us down, and that hasn't been easy for teams to do. If your team keeps that up, it could be a special season for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• SHANK
    replied

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
    Now that the Gophers are out of the WCHA I have a feeling these series thread are always going to be 5 pages og Gophers fans talking to themselves. I guess last week there were 2 or 3 BC fans.

Are there any Notre Dame Fans?

Bueller?
    There are a few of us. Nice win by the Irish last night. Felt ND took control in 2nd period through remainder of the game. I was in attendance and there were a large number of Minnesoate fans. Looking forward to tonight and the next 3-4 years of playing a program with such a historical significance in college hockey.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

The game developed poorly:

1st period: we had the better play but just couldn't put the puck in the net.
    2nd period: bad period where we didn't play well...particularly on special teams...when they got their rhythm and figured out the Gophers
    3rd period: they put what they learned into practice...took advantage of NHL rink, more mature team and physical play

Unfortunately it started spiraling downhill after the Guertler penalty. The announcers actually took the time to understand Minnesota hockey and talked about it. So I guess the content was largely ok.

We'll see about tonight...but I think they have the recipe. If the Gophers don't adjust and/or take it up a notch, look for a repeat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X