Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (10/8, 10/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (10/8, 10/9)

Which RPI team will show up in Troy next weekend? The one who lost to Harvard, or the one who beat Dartmouth?

Will I regret going to Troy for this weekend?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (10/8, 10/9)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Which RPI team will show up in Troy next weekend? The one who lost to Harvard, or the one who beat Dartmouth?

Extended forecast says s- wait, we want Ralph to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I don't think there is all that variation to the team that we have put on the ice for each game so far. We just did not seem to match up as well with Harvard as we did with some other teams and we allowed them back into a game we should have been able to clamp down on. We played well at BC only to run into a buzz saw once adaptations were made-and i think we plain ran out of gas. I think if coach SA has this team ready and prepared for the C and C weekend-making whatever changes necessary(in the ECAC it is almost impossible to approach each game with the same plan)-we should be fine. Too early in the season to know how well each team is beginning to mesh. I can only suggest that most of us did not think we would be 5-2-1 at this stage and near the top of the country in goals scored and winning goal margin. When our number 1 goalie went down to injury-did anyone feel that we would replace him with one who is in the top 5 in several categories? Scotty has faced over 170 shots and allowed only 10 goals. Let's Go red-make this weekend count!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

GP W-L-T MIN GA SV SV% GAA
        1 Raphael Girard, Sr, Harvard 2 2-0-0 120:00 0 71 1.000 0.0000
        2 Zach Nagelvoort, Fr, Michigan 6 4-1-0 327:08 8 145 .948 1.4673
        3 Steven Summerhays, Sr, Notre Dame 8 6-1-0 443:44 11 160 .936 1.4874
        4 Aaron Crandall, Sr, Minnesota-Duluth 4 3-1-0 238:46 6 86 .935 1.5077
        5 Michael Garteig, So, Quinnipiac 9 8-1-0 538:05 14 155 .917 1.5611
        6 Scott Diebold, Jr, Rensselaer 7 4-1-1 380:24 10 174 .946 1.5773

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...#ixzz2jXqJhfZ0
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Hopefully not the one wearing the Black Tuesday uniforms. (Sounds like a good roadtrip... while we may have to watch our matchups with a team like Harvard, the game was decided by a puck bounce or two... and Dartmouth may be in for a long season.) Let's get up for the C&C weekend... after all Ralph's coming up for it.
          Here we come!

Comment

Aren't the games on 11/8 and 11/9? Or did I miss them already?
            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              Oops!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                For Cornell and Colgate fans, you missed them already.

No, they are November.

Comment

During RPI's 11-1 charge that led them from 12th to 2nd place in the ECAC standings last year, the only blemish was inflicted by Cornell.

Colgate also played the Engineers tough during that stretch in two games decided by one goal, one of those in overtime.

Should be a couple of good games in Troy this weekend.

I suppose there could be a couple of good games in Schenectady, too, though nobody seems to be commenting on those.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    During RPI's 11-1 charge that led them from 12th to 2nd place in the ECAC standings last year, the only blemish was inflicted by Cornell.

Colgate also played the Engineers tough during that stretch in two games decided by one goal, one of those in overtime.

Should be a couple of good games in Troy this weekend.

I suppose there could be a couple of good games in Schenectady, too, though nobody seems to be commenting on those.
                    If these were in CNY, we'd be talking about the curse.

Comment

FRIDAY’S OFFICIALS: The referees for Friday’s game against Cornell are Harry Dumas and Bob Ritchie ... The linesmen are Leo Boylan and Dan Taggart.
                      SATURDAY’S STRIPES: Officiating the game on Saturday are Kevin Curtis and Harry Dumas (referees) and Bill Bredin and David Brown......http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...ME.pdf?id=1684
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Cornell Gamenotes; http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...ME.pdf?id=1684 ...........Colgate Gamenotes; http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...11.pdf?id=1688

Comment

On paper both Union and RPI should handle Colgate, but that's a dangerous assumption. Generally, RPI seems to match up better with Cornell than Union over the past several seasons, but I guess we'll see. Kasdorf's injury is troubling but Diebold has obviously shown that he can handle the task. The real concern would be injury to him with an untested freshman as the only backup. These should be great games, with great college hockey atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            On paper both Union and RPI should handle Colgate, but that's a dangerous assumption. Generally, RPI seems to match up better with Cornell than Union over the past several seasons, but I guess we'll see. Kasdorf's injury is troubling but Diebold has obviously shown that he can handle the task. The real concern would be injury to him with an untested freshman as the only backup. These should be great games, with great college hockey atmosphere.
                            Other way around. I don't know if we've ever matched up well vs. Cornell. Just gotten lucky a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Other way around. I don't know if we've ever matched up well vs. Cornell. Just gotten lucky a few times.
                              I guess matchup may have the wrong term. But some wins of late was what I recollected. Union on the other hand IIRC has a pretty long loss streak going against them.

Comment

Working...
                              X