Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack Hockey 2013-14: Get excited, get frozen

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 20h
    '94 Defenseman Marc Biega Commits to Merrimack: Merrimack College has received a verbal commitment from '94 defe... http://wp.me/p2n6et-2Zi
    His brothers all went to Harvard.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

There's a decent chance Maine is beatable, with a little bit of hard work and the "nobody believed in us" factor.

Comment

How fitting that they closed out this abysmal a season by getting shutout (7th time this year). 58th out of 59 teams in offense (only woeful Alabama-Hunstville was worse). Honest, I though my expectation of finishing anywhere from 6th to 8th were reasonable. I knew offense would be an issue, but I figured that they could rely on the veteran defense (a couple of 4 year starters) and a returning Marotta to be in the middle of the pack. Never happened. The scary thing is, they might be even worse next year without Collins. Who will score ANY goals? Their leading returning scorer going into next year had 7 goals this year.
        Depressing
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          How fitting that they closed out this abysmal a season by getting shutout (7th time this year). 58th out of 59 teams in offense (only woeful Alabama-Hunstville was worse). Honest, I though my expectation of finishing anywhere from 6th to 8th were reasonable. I knew offense would be an issue, but I figured that they could rely on the veteran defense (a couple of 4 year starters) and a returning Marotta to be in the middle of the pack. Never happened. The scary thing is, they might be even worse next year without Collins. Who will score ANY goals? Their leading returning scorer going into next year had 7 goals this year.
          Depressing
          Dude. Your season thread has a grand total of 34 posts. Your barn is worse than most high school rinks and you've been a perennial basement dweller in Hockey East. And you're disappointed. Umm not sure why you're program hasn't dropped to Div III.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            Dude. Your season thread has a grand total of 34 posts. Your barn is worse than most high school rinks and you've been a perennial basement dweller in Hockey East. And you're disappointed. Umm not sure why you're program hasn't dropped to Div III.
            Higher chance that Merrimack goes D-1 in all sports than them dropping to D-3!
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Your goaltender was excellent, maine could have scored 5 or 6 tonight
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: mack attack wheres the offense gonna come from

hockey east more competitive than ever .. BC, BU, UNH, ND, will always have the elite talent rest of the league very tight, lowell, prov, been a nice surprise, maine, vermont, umass, mack battling in the lower half of the league these days..dennehy has done fantastic job, rebuilt this thing from scratch, changed the entire culture at merrimack. the last two years team has really struggled to score goals, next year may be worse unless kids start to develop, which some upper class kids may do... .the defense, goaltending should be ok, thats the teams strenght at the moment..creativity is an issue too, have alot same type bigger stonger type kids that are tough to play agaisnt, smart strong kids but really no true playmaker, or scorer on the roster..myers ,hussar, toomey scored alot in juniors but, seemed to be in the doghouse this year, for whatever reason. i think these two can contribute next year, if they stay in the lineup, work hard, compete in all zones, both these kids are pretty fast, and can contribute..dennehy knows excatly whats got to be fixed, and help is on the way..plevy is a true playmaker type kid who really sees the ice well, and should help out next year,but big change from bchl, to college hockey, size, pace wise, so hes got to adjust to that which some cases take a year or two. as a frosh he may have the best hockey iq on the roster,, so i think he will do well..tibbet,mccarren, henning, have some skill to, hopefully push for playing time.the defenseman on the way all are very good, thats gonna be the teams strength. dennehy wants another culture change, he got alot new kids on the way the next 2 years, going to be alot battles for ice time, and some pretty good players watching alot of nights..even with offensive struggles this team will be in every game, lost 8 one goal games this year, with some new blood, some lucky bounces i think they win more games next year, and in 2 more years even more

Comment

Working...
                X