Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack Hockey 2013-14: Get excited, get frozen

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...t-mark-dennehy

Bates was constantly in Dennehy's dog house over the years, was a healthy scratch numerous times, too bad for MC as he had speed and some skill.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Very excited for Frozen Fenway on Saturday. As of right now it looks like the weather will cooperate. It's nice of MC to put on the pre-party in the Royal Rooters club as well.

Comment

Making the trek up for the game against PC tomorrow night. Anybody going to the Rooster Club at Fenway?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          Very excited for Frozen Fenway on Saturday. As of right now it looks like the weather will cooperate. It's nice of MC to put on the pre-party in the Royal Rooters club as well.
          I'll be there, as will at least a couple of my classmates ('78). Should be a fun atmosphere.....I know the BC fans are a bit jaded about it, but for us 1st timers, I think it is great!
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
            I'll be there, as will at least a couple of my classmates ('78). Should be a fun atmosphere.....I know the BC fans are a bit jaded about it, but for us 1st timers, I think it is great!
            yeah, we are but it's the third one in five years . It's great that they are getting everyone into the act but it's about freaking time if you ask me. Good luck tonight, I think you will need it

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ross-mauermann

Stats comparison, a few notes.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...e-friars-recap

Feature on Mike Collins

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...ate-to-1-1-tie

Game Recap

Comment

Had a great time yesterday. I now can see why people can get sick of the outdoor games. I went for the experience and happy I didn't want to the game because you really can't see much. Thought the team played well and I think the second half will be much better
                  Rinks Visited
                  DCU Center
                  Tulley Forum
                  TD Garden
                  Tsongas Arena
                  J. Thom Lawler Arena
                  Conte Forum
                  Whittemore Center
                  Agganis Arena
                  Verizon Center
                  Gutterson Fieldhouse
                  Matthews Arena
                  Thompson Arena
                  Mullins Center
                  Alfond Arena
                  Schneider Arena
                  Magness Arena
                  Ingallas Arena
                  Hart Center
                  Prudential Center
                  TD Bank Sports Center
                  John A Ryan
                  Lynah Rink
                  Appleton Arena
                  Cheel Arena
                  Germain Arena
                  XL Center
                  Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Gettin' back at it....

Frozen Fenway. Yes, it was fun, but once is plenty. Sterlippo, absolutely appreciate why you guys are so over this.

Weekend series vs QU. I was pleasantly surprised to see 'Mack up after 1 on Friday night, then the roof crashed in. QU has the guns to do that to you. Sat. night was a nice win. Played tough @ Lawler as usual.

BC. Hate to be a "moral victory" kinda guy, but that's what you do when your team is in last place. 1st BC goal was brutal (not like BC also needs lucky bounces!). Holding Gaudreau, Arnold and Hayes to a combined 2 points is a pretty good defensive effort (but then, defense has not been an issue for the most part). Don't know if they need to resort to the "hanger" approach, but they have to figure out a way to get some goals! They are frighteningly inept on offense except for Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      . Holding Gaudreau, Arnold and Hayes to a combined 2 points is a pretty good defensive effort (but then, defense has not been an issue for the most part).
                      no question, 5 on 5 the big line was not effective save for the lucky first goal . It's always going to be tough for Mack so Denehey needs to come up with a hidden jewel with offensive skills like Da Costa and a Cannata here and there to stay reasonably competitive , a tall order but the precedent has already been set

Comment

While the 20 game schedule precludes them from breaking the HE record for most losses in a season (27, Lowell '85-'86 and somewhat surprisingly UNH '87-'88), the Warriors are still in hot pursuit of their own record of fewest wins in an HE season (1, MC '04-'05). Something to shoot for I guess.
                        3 goals on 7 shots in the 1st last night against UMass. So much for "....but then, defense has not been as issue for the most part". Tirronen in net has run its course. Hugely inconsistent. Time to plug Marotta back in.

Comment

What in the world is Dennehy thinking? Great coach but Bahe on the first line? The kid wouldn't be on the first line at Bowdoin or Williams. It's got to be killing Collins.

Seems as if he missed on two recruiting classes in a row although Tirronen and Christie are working out. What's up with Hussar? Thought he was a solidly talented player coming from the USHL. It's might be the biggest team in college hockey but that doesn't win games. Maybe proven talent is a better route sometimes than diamonds in the rough, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                            Seems as if he missed on two recruiting classes in a row although Tirronen and Christie are working out.
                            Aside from two special circumstances falling into Dennehy's lap (Da Costa/Cannata) one has to start to wonder if this is a sustainable way to go for Dennehy.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                              What in the world is Dennehy thinking? Great coach but Bahe on the first line? The kid wouldn't be on the first line at Bowdoin or Williams. It's got to be killing Collins.

Seems as if he missed on two recruiting classes in a row although Tirronen and Christie are working out. What's up with Hussar? Thought he was a solidly talented player coming from the USHL. It's might be the biggest team in college hockey but that doesn't win games. Maybe proven talent is a better route sometimes than diamonds in the rough, so to speak.
                              What happened to the Sr. Class? Ellis and Heywood looked like they would grow into top notch D, but that never happened, Bates gets kicked off, Bly has 5 points in 26 games. Only Collins really lived up to his potential. Juniors? Toomey and Myers showed some flashes last year, but have all but disappeared.
                              Yes, Da Costa and Cannata dropped into Dennehey's lap, but he also recruited Flanigan, Stollery, Jesse Todd, Barton and at least a couple of other players who could score. LeBlanc has potential, but otherwise, it looks bleak.

Comment

Went last night and saw a very entertaining, end to end battle where every goal was a hard fought one. Also shockingly well reffed by Benedetto and his crew. I sure wouldn't mind if we had a first round playoff matchup against the cats. It would be a memorable three consecutive games and this is the time of year they start choking anyway.
                                Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 03-01-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X