Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech vs Michigan at Yost Time for tBig Time

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Too old to sit in the student section, but I don't care.

Are you telling me if you went back to Tech for a game you would rather sit on your hands with the townies than stand with the Misfits?
    The student section is for students. Now that I am an alumni I see no need to go sit over there, and take a seat away from a student, or make a student sit a row further back. Plus, it is much easier to actually pay attention to whats happening on the ice when you're not surrounded by students trying to figure out what the next cheer is. There was a time for that, and it has passed.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I concur, the student section is for the students.... I personally prefer to sit in the suites and enjoy the benefits that comes with that.... but still cheer like I'm a student and try to get the other alumni and townies next to me to get off their hands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        No, I was just poking at the MSU elitists that claim that U-M is the only school that has non-grad fans.
        I have in my 17 years living in this state marked one thing consistently (and I would estimate having had dozens of meaningful conversations with U-M supporters): The people that actually graduated from Michigan seem to have less of an axe to grind. Possibly because a higher-level education gives a little perspective. Having gained a little liberal arts perspective myself as an MSU grad (along with a little engineering), I see genuine humor in what the Yost student section does. Just another bit of cultural immersion for both the curious and the unwary visitor.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          I have in my 17 years living in this state marked one thing consistently (and I would estimate having had dozens of meaningful conversations with U-M supporters): The people that actually graduated from Michigan seem to have less of an axe to grind. Possibly because a higher-level education gives a little perspective. Having gained a little liberal arts perspective myself as an MSU grad (along with a little engineering), I see genuine humor in what the Yost student section does. Just another bit of cultural immersion for both the curious and the unwary visitor.
          I don't know about axe's to grind... from those non-graduates (from 'name your school'). They just seem to be a bit more ignorant, especially in a neutral environment.

I just find it funny (as one of those higher educated people) that MSU students (dare I say other fans, too?) use the Walmart business as a means to get under U-M students/alums/fans skin when it easily applies to their university as well. After all, who really lights all of those furniture/dumpster fires?? It can't be educated MSU students??

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            I don't know about axe's to grind... from those non-graduates (from 'name your school'). They just seem to be a bit more ignorant, especially in a neutral environment.

I just find it funny (as one of those higher educated people) that MSU students (dare I say other fans, too?) use the Walmart business as a means to get under U-M students/alums/fans skin when it easily applies to their university as well. After all, who really lights all of those furniture/dumpster fires?? It can't be educated MSU students??
            MSU grads talk about how they want a high-paying job after college.
            Michigan grads talk about how they deserve a high-paying job after college.
            Michigan Tech grads talk about the high-paying job they got after college.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              MSU grads talk about how they want a high-paying job after college.
              Michigan grads talk about how they deserve a high-paying job after college.
              Michigan Tech grads talk about the high-paying job they got after college.
              Which is great, considering I have two MTU grads working for me.

Comment

Working...
              X